Anyone else think Howard Shore’s Lord of the Rings should just be entirely replaced with Enya songs?

Kasey Kockroach

On 11/5/2018 at 12:41 PM, Disco Stu said:

I have fun singing nonsense syllables to Enya songs except for the small phrases I can make out, since her lyrics are meaningless gibberish anyway.

loko noro poko shoro ono orinoco flow lemmy nee wee oh sho kiwi on the shores of tripoli

Did I say that out loud?

I still do this whenever I hear an Enya song!

Best to worst

1. Into The West
  2. Gollum's Song
  3. In Dreams
  4. May It Be
  5. The Last Goodbye
  6. Song of the Lonely Mountain
  7. I See Fire

We dissected this on Discord at some point over the last few weeks, but mine would be:

May It Be

Gollum’s Song

The Last Goodbye

Into the West

I See Fire

Lonely Mountain

I discovered recently that it's controversial that I actually like Lonely Mountain song, it's not as good as any of the LOTR ones, but I think it's an enjoyable enough song.  I can listen to the whole thing at least!

The Hobbit Songs aren't even worth mentioning in comparison to the LOTR ones. Personally I always thought Gollum's Song was the best. A beautifully haunting new theme (with great lyrics) for Gollum for his depressing reversion in The Two Tower's ending.

It even has some terrific foreshadowing when it incorporates lines of dialogue that would reappear in his transformation in Return of the King!