Star Wars Lightsaber Kid

Lurker

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so very much!

The comments on that page are funny too.

----------------

Alex Cremers-who can't think of anything funny cause he's all laught up.

Ok lets stop the acting weve all picked up a stick and acted as if it was a lightsaber. FOr the hp fans weve all found a small wood object and pretended it was a wand, weve all drapped our selves in our bedsheets and pretended it was a cape when we were young so lets stop poking fun at the boy. But he realy does look pathetic.

Possible spoilers

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Look at the fat bastard go!

Stefancos- who is amused by obese people an their funny antics.

Steffy;

I have seen your photo in other topics and you are one of the goofiest, gawkiest looking ginks I have seen. What gives you the right to make light of ANYONE'S physical appearance???

Big Ken; Who thinks Steffy is a redheaded version of Bob "Gilligan" Denver

Yeah I've seen that before. I don't find it quite as funny as some others do. Why you ask? Probably because I have already seen about 10,000 geeks already attempting their lightsaber skills with even worse results. ROTFLMAO

BTW the funniest part about that video is how the friggin kid starts breathing heavier than friggin Darth Vader after every one of his Light Saber attacks. ROTFLMAO

Not bad though. At least he is doing something along the lines of exercise. Doesn't look like such things are routine for him. :P

[What gives you the right to make light of ANYONE'S physical appearance???

is this board getting uptight or what?Can't you say*anything* a bit off color now without offending anyone?

that beeing said,it doesn't give you the right to take a general comment and turn it into a personnal insult.

K.M.

Now King Mark, thank you for backing me up with out meaning to! Who was it who said that people on these boards argue alot more now...oh yeah, ME!!!

But back to this topic, this made me laugh a heck of a lot, and even though Stefancos' remark was a little bit rude, it made me laugh even more!

And by the way Stefancos, i think that your new sig. picture is just a classic! ROTFLMAO

I have seen your photo in other topics and you are one of the goofiest, gawkiest looking ginks I have seen. What gives you the right to make light of ANYONE'S physical appearance???  

So if he was in perfect shape then it would be ok?

Justin -Who hopes Ken was kidding. ROTFLMAO

When I laughed I didn't notice that he wasn't in the best of shapes. I only laughed because it's a parody of Star Wars and every Star Wars parody makes me laugh. I can't help myself. It is the situation that is funny. Not the guy.

Am I of the hook now for laughing? ROTFLMAO

----------------

Alex Cremers

Well, as for my $.02, I do this same thing almost daily. Its great exercise. However, I do use my official Anakin Skywalker lightsaber with official sound effects. And before you make fun of me or this kid any further, how many of you out there have stood and conducted the orchestra with a pencil while listening to your favorite piece of music??

And before you make fun of me or this kid any further, how many of you out there have stood and conducted the orchestra with a pencil while listening to your favorite piece of music??

I don't. I use my actual conducting baton. :-p

So if he was in perfect shape then it would be ok?

Justin -Who hopes Ken was kidding. :)

Justin;

I was kidding in the sense that I would never make fun of someone's physical appearance and thought msybe Stef should see how it felt.

Having said that, I wonder if any of the board members who feel that I overreacted would mind if I start telling Watermelon jokes about Black people or all the numerous Polish jokes that exist... Prejudice against obese people is the last acceptable prejudice and I for one will fight against it tell my last breath.

PS: I thoiught the video was hilarious, not because the guy was fat, but because he had no skill whatsoever... And the re-edited version with accompanying sound effects and music is classic... K.

Justin;

I was kidding in the sense that I would never make fun of someone's physical appearance and thought msybe Stef should see how it felt.

Your attempt of offending me does not bother me in the slightest, though your abuse of my name is inexcusable, naturally.

Ypu seem to be a good and decent guy Ken, so i'm guessing you don't have to much experience in insulting people.

Having said that, I wonder if any of the board members who feel that I overreacted would mind if I start telling Watermelon jokes about Black people or all the numerous Polish jokes that exist...

That reminds me, does anyone know the one about a Coon, a Polak and a fat guy???

Prejudice against obese people is the last acceptable prejudice and I for one will fight against it tell my last breath.

Good for you, and you fat too, or just sympathetic to their plight?

Honestly, i was wondering who was gonna be the one to respond to my comments, I did not think of you at all.
You are maturing...good...good.

In my own defense, i have nothing against fat people, part of my family is rather large. (strangly enough in my family you are either slim or fat)

PS: I thoiught the video was hilarious, not because the guy was fat, but because he had no skill whatsoever...

In retrospect, i think that guy does rather well, if you consider gravity must be bearing down on him pretty hard.

And the re-edited version with accompanying sound effects and music is classic... K.

Yeah, i'll definatly never videotape myself when i'm "pretend conducting".

Stefancos- icon_mrgreen.gif

Oh man. I feel for geeky overweight pole/saber twirling momo's that feel as though they need to videotape themselves twirling said pole-saber well, because I am a geeky overweight pole/saber twirling momo myself. I mean, I've done that.

I like the think that I don't look like that, but who knows. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

:)

Ok,

1) is funny because of the seriousness and the huge energy the kid puts to his Darth Maul character.

2) his video published on the net is an embarrasment for the kid.

3) I hope he keeps doing it anyway. He's got plenty of energy and he may achieve great moves. And the excercise is good.

4) I admire his great energy. I'm happy when I get half of that energy.

5) There is a wasted business opportunity... I've always said there should be martial art schools for Jedi-style fighting. I would be there. :)

Your attempt of offending me does not bother me in the slightest, though your abuse of my name is inexcusable, naturally.  

I was not really attempting to offend you Stef, as I said, I don't believe in judging people by their physical appearance, I mean, I still like you even though.... well... no need to go there, Gilligan.

Ypu seem to be a good and decent guy Ken, so i'm guessing you don't have to much experience in insulting people.  

I am a good and decent guy, Stef, thanks for noticing. No, I don't mind throwing around insults, as long as they are creative and entertaining and not meant maliciously. Calling someone a "Fat Bastard" only shows how un-creative you are and that you need to quote Mike Myers. If you're going to call someone fat, then be creative enough to say something like, "that guy is so fat that his cereal bowl needed a lifeguard." Fat jokes don't bother me, stupid ones do.

That reminds me, does anyone know the one about a Coon, a Polak and a fat guy

Not funny, even in jest...

Good for you, and you fat too, or just sympathetic to their plight?  

Honestly, i was wondering who was gonna be the one to respond to my comments, I did not think of you at all.  

You are maturing...good...good.  

I am fat, they don't call me Big Ken for nothing. However, you're saying that you wrote that just to be inflammatory?!?! Did you not get enough attention as a child that you feel this need to draw, even negative, attention to yourself? Tell me, were you potty trained at gunpoint or what? And I like to surprise people once in a while...

In my own defense, i have nothing against fat people, part of my family is rather large.

How nice for you, and I'll just bet that some of your best friends are Black (Jewish, Polish, gay, whatever is the epithet of choice.)

Yeah, i'll definatly never videotape myself when i'm "pretend conducting

Do the world a favour Stef, don't video tape yourself doing ANYTHING!!!!

Big Ken: getting crochitty in his old age

;) Theme from Lovesick - Phillipe Sarde :)

I was not really attempting to offend you Stef, as I said, I don't believe in judging people by their physical appearance, I mean, I still like you even though.... well... no need to go there, Gilligan.

Who?

I am a good and decent guy, Stef, thanks for noticing. No, I don't mind throwing around insults, as long as they are creative and entertaining and not meant maliciously. Calling someone a "Fat Bastard" only shows how un-creative you are and that you need to quote Mike Myers.

Hmmm...honestly, the Austin Powers films never entered my mind when I wrote it, also, the name Fat Bastard has always sounded a bit to obvious to me, for that character.

If you're going to call someone fat, then be creative enough to say something like, "that guy is so fat that his cereal bowl needed a lifeguard." Fat jokes don't bother me, stupid ones do.

Well, i have a lifetime experience with fat jokes, but I won't try them out here, since i'll probably anger you further.

Not funny, even in jest...

I disagree, but that's what makes this MB so much fun.

I am fat, they don't call me Big Ken for nothing. However, you're saying that you wrote that just to be inflammatory?!?!  

No, but i was aware that a few people might be offended by my post.

I have been told that not everybody understands my humor. (or lack thereof.)

Did you not get enough attention as a child that you feel this need to draw, even negative, attention to yourself? Tell me, were you potty trained at gunpoint or what? And I like to surprise people once in a while...

Hmmm...not bad, you are better at it then I thought.

How nice for you, and I'll just bet that some of your best friends are Black (Jewish, Polish, gay, whatever is the epithet of choice.)

Hmmm....i know a few black people superficially, i'm part Jewish myself, my family originally came from Poland (i'm told), and at my work we used to have a guy who whore pink sweaters, so he was probably gay.

Do the world a favour Stef, don't video tape yourself doing ANYTHING!!!!

I have hours and hours of tapes of myself sitting behind my desk responding to posts on this MB. :joke:

Big Ken: getting crochitty in his old age.

And getting very interesting in the process.

Stefancos- who now has found a new respect for Big Ken. :wave:

Hmmm....i know a few black people superficially, i'm part Jewish myself, my family originally came from Poland (i'm told), and at my work we used to have a guy who whore pink sweaters, so he was probably gay.

:

Aren't you Black too?

K.M.Wondering how he got this into his head

I really gotta laugh at the guy who blasted Stefan for making fun of the kids weight.

Sheeesh lighten up!

Last acceptable prejudice? What world are you living in? There is plenty of other hatreds left out there in the world that are perfectly accepted.

Stefan was just kidding around. What he said was not even that bad. In case ya haven't noticed people on this board rarely take things seriously and are always joking aroun and the sense of humor on this board is anything but typical. Thats a good thing! :music:

Seriously though I don't have any problem with Stefan's comments. They were hardly mean spiritied or anything and the guy can be pretty funny sometimes.

BTW I gotta agree with the dude above that signature Stefan has is really funny.

I really gotta laugh at the guy who blasted Stefan for making fun of the kids weight.  

Sheeesh lighten up!  

Last acceptable prejudice? What world are you living in? There is plenty of other hatreds left out there in the world that are perfectly accepted.  

Stefan was just kidding around. What he said was not even that bad. In case ya haven't noticed people on this board rarely take things seriously and are always joking aroun and the sense of humor on this board is anything but typical. Thats a good thing!  :music:  

Seriously though I don't have any problem with Stefan's comments. They were hardly mean spiritied or anything and the guy can be pretty funny sometimes.  

BTW I gotta agree with the dude above that signature Stefan has is really funny.

I'm glad that I gave you a laugh, being "the guy who blasted Stefan". As I stated earlier (and will reluctantly state again) I found his comment unpleasant AND mean-spirited. Maybe I do need to lighten-up, both spiritually and physically, but that would not change my opinion. I am entitled to it and I will continue to express it whenever the hell I like. What you take away from it is your concern, not mine. I found Stefan's comment un-necessary and inappropriate. I'm not convinced he meant any harm, as I find Stefan mostly harmless and occasionally banal. But then, what can I expect from a Dutchman with an obsessive case of xenophilia...

There is plenty of other hatreds left out there in the world that are perfectly accepted.

Unfortunately you're right, but this does NOT mean that they should be accepted. Hatred is ALWAYS a bad thing. And I agree with Big Ken that Stefan's comment was completely inappropiate and offensive.

It seems to me that we are getting into opinions, and no one opinion is better than another, especially when we come from so many different countries. We must ACCEPT every opinion. However, agreeing is a different thing, but Stefan is as entitled to his opinions as BigKenLittle's. Now, I don't get offended, but if I did, I would have to say that BigKenLittle's remarks would offend me more that Stefan's. I do not mean to belittle you, Ken, but I do think that degrading one's sense of humor is not exactly tasteful. I can say that because I have a very cheezy humor. I would say that I'm dry, slapstick kind of guy. And we can all expect to offend some with everything we say. I know that my remarks will be offensive to someone who reads this, but I can't change that, and I'm not going to hold my tongue because it may offend. Only when I know that a remark may break the rules will I hold it.

"Why can't we all just get along?"

Because we'd have to change our opinions, and whose opinions would we take?

~Conor

But then, what can I expect from a Dutchman with an obsessive case of xenophilia...

Hmmmmm...i'm not sure what you mean with that term.

Merrian-Webster has it listed though:

Main Entry: xe·no·phile

Pronunciation: 'ze-n&-"fIl, 'zE-

Function: noun

Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary

Date: 1948

: one attracted to foreign things (as styles or people)

Does not seem right, did you mean this?

Main Entry: xe·no·pho·bia

Pronunciation: "ze-n&-'fO-bE-&, "zE-

Function: noun

Etymology: New Latin

Date: 1903

: fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign

If so, then you ae basically calling me a rascist.

Please clarify your post?

Stefancos- ???

He's referring to your love for Kira.

-philia

suff.

1. Tendency toward: hemophilia.

2. Abnormal attraction to: necrophilia.

Neil

He's referring to your love for Kira.

-philia

suff.  

1.  Tendency toward: hemophilia.  

2.  Abnormal attraction to: necrophilia.  

Neil

Bingo, Neil... Sorry for highjacking your thread... Big Ken

It seems to me that we are getting into opinions, and no one opinion is better than another, especially when we come from so many different countries.  We must ACCEPT every opinion.  However, agreeing is a different thing, but Stefan is as entitled to his opinions as BigKenLittle's.  Now, I don't get offended, but if I did, I would have to say that BigKenLittle's remarks would offend me more that Stefan's.  I do not mean to belittle you, Ken, but I do think that degrading one's sense of humor is not exactly tasteful.  I can say that because I have a very cheezy humor.  I would say that I'm  dry, slapstick kind of guy.  And we can all expect to offend some with everything we say.  I know that my remarks will be offensive to someone who reads this, but I can't change that, and I'm not going to hold my tongue because it may offend.  Only when I know that a remark may break the rules will I hold it.

"Why can't we all just get along?"

Because we'd have to change our opinions, and whose opinions would we take?

OK, let's start insulting each other then. After all, insults are nothing but "opinions". And we must ACCEPT every opinion. Thanks Stefan for mocking and insulting the fat people, and thanks Big Ken for insulting Stefan. And finally, thank you so much Conor for your extremely clarifying and helpful post. :thumbup:

Thanks Stefan for mocking and insulting the fat people,

Don't mention it, that's what i'm here for.

and thanks Big Ken for insulting Stefan.

I was never insulted.

And finally, thank you so much Conor for your extremely clarifying and helpful post.  :thumbup:

Yeah.

Stefancos- :thumbup:

Hey, an insult is NOT an opinion!!!! It is a pitiful attempt at making one person seem less than they really are, and it is disgusting. An opinion that offends is not an insult. An insult is a direct, malicious attack on one's dignity, whereas an opinion is a point of view of a situation that stems from a person's personality, background, and situation. No one has the right to say that a person can't give their opinion (except when it comes to politics and religion here, but no one is allowed to post about that, so no one person is getting the shaft for that).

I have seen your photo in other topics and you are one of the goofiest, gawkiest looking ginks I have seen.  What gives you the right to make light of ANYONE'S physical appearance???

Now, I only say this because I feel I must point this out. I do not intend to insult you, but I do call upon your seemingly poor choice of words. Does anyone else see anything hypocritical about thses two statements? Ken, what gives you the right to make "light" of anyone's appearance? :?

~Conor

An opinion that offends is not an insult.  An insult is a direct, malicious attack on one's dignity, whereas an opinion is a point of view of a situation that stems from a person's personality, background, and situation.  

Conor, maybe one day you'll learn that insults are only in the mind of the person who feels insulted. That's what I'm talking about. Therefore people SHOULD be very careful when they state a personal opinion about another person's appearance or condition. Ignorance can be insulting. I could say innocently an unmaliciously to one of our members that he is stupid, disgusting or pathetic. Would that be an opinion? Perhaps. Would that be an insult? Very probably, since in most cases that person would feel insulted by that comment. And that kind of insult/opinion/whatever you want to call it is not allowed here. Whether you agree or not with my explanation.

Now, disagreeing with another person's opinion about a given subject (not about the other person's appearence or condition), that's a completely different thing.

Thanks Stefan for mocking and insulting the fat people,

Don't mention it, that's what i'm here for.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  

Look at the fat bastard go!  

Stefancos- who is amused by obese people an their funny antics.

Couldn't you just admit that your comment was inappropiate?

I understand what is being said, and I wish that I could explain my thoughts correctly. What I'm saying is that, though, of course we should watch what we say and never intentionally harm someone or their feelings, we cannot be careful about everything we say, or we'd have to keep our mouths shut because anything we say can be taken the wrong way. If an insult is unintentional and what was said was said with the intention of being harmelss, then there's no way to really wathc what we've said. Of course, we can admit bad wording and wrong meaning, but that can only be after the fact, and we should never regret what we've said, only understand that our opinions have changed since then, and admit that, as well. Please try to understand what I'm trying to say because I have trouble explaining it. Tell me if you don't understand it or think I could say it better.

~Conor

Yep, that kid with the lightsaber sure is funny!

Neil - desperately trying to get this supposedly light hearted topic back on track

Okay. I guess it is time to finish this once and for all. Seeing as I am the one who got this battle going I will be the one to end it. Ricard I am formally requesting that you lock this thread before it goes any further.

To put this in perspective. I reacted impulsively to Stefancos' post. I felt at the time (and still do feel) that it was inappropriate and offensive to me personally. I should need no other reason than that to be allowed to say what I said, however some want further clarification. I don't like to discuss my personal life very much, but I will attempt to explain what it feels like to have someone make fun of you, because of something that you have no control over. If you have never been discriminated against because of a physical difference, you will probably never be able to understand this, and I truly hope that you never can.

I have lost jobs that I was fully qualified for, to people who were less qualified than I, simply because of my appearance. I have overheard women saying to their friends "Who does that fat fuck think he is asking me to dance?" I MUST shop in clothing stores that charge me twice and even three times the price for clothing that you would pay for the same item in your size. For example, a friend of mine, shopping in New York City last summer, purchased a Hugo Boss suit for $495.00, a designer suit, by a world renowned name, mind you. Last summer, I had to buy a new suit to attend a friends wedding... I payed $985.00 for mine. Plus a hundred dollars for a new pair of shoes... So I payed over a thousand dollars for essentially the same thing, that he got... except, that my suit is not a Hugo Boss.

A couple of years ago, many in the United States were shocked and outraged when Oprah Winfrey wad denied access to a store, because she was Black. I have had store clerks come up to me and tell me, TO MY FACE mind you, "I'm sorry, we have nothing for you here." I was shopping for a birthday present for a friend, needless to say I shopped elsewhere. A few years ago, I made a Pizza run for a bunch of friends who had come over to watch the Stanley Cup Playoffs. We ordered, six large Pizzas (for 15 people), when I went into the store to pick it up, the ignorant young kid behind the counter asked me if that was to go, or did I want to eat it here, to which all his other ignorant friends burst out laughing. I was humiliated... Had he made similar comments to someone based on their ethnicity, the employee would have been fired. When I called the store manager, the next day, I got a response saying, "...it was probably an honest mistake and I'm sure he meant no harm, however, I will speak with him".

I have endured this kind of mean-spirited apathy for most of my life.

Some of you may remember, I recently started a thread commending everyone here for the fact that these sorts of pissing contests don't happen often on this site. So that is, partly, why I reacted the way I did. So, I insulted Stefancos, to remind him of the feelings that he stirred in me. I reacted before I thought about it, that I apologize for (although Steef claims no insult and I thought we were to the joking stage about this topic).

I also apologize to Neil, I shouldn't have hijacked his thread and turned it into my personal soap-box. I apologize to Ricard, because I know this is precisely the sort of thing that he dislikes on his site. However, I cannot and will not apologize for the things I said. I come here to voice my opinion and to share my knowledge... I feel I have done so in an acceptable manner. I will never allow anything that I find to be unacceptable to go unchallenged. That kind of apathy is death to creativity and intellect. If I made comments that some found distasteful, then say that, but don't challenge my right to my opinion.

I said that prejudice against obese people is the last acceptable prejudice and I think that still. Yes, Rogue Leader, I know there are many other kinds of hate in the world (someday I'll tell you a thing or two about what I know), but they are not accepted. They are challenged everyday and we are, little by little, chipping away at the worlds ignorance. I don't believe in Political correctness, I believe people should say what they mean and feel. If Stefancos had any prejudice against Fat People (which, you will note I never said he did) then he has the right to say so, and I have the right to challenge him.

In conclusion, I say this... I think Stefancos' thread apologizing to me is hilarious, I even answered it in the spirit intended and I hope everyone realizes that I am not upset. I am not angry. I think that this has been blown out of proportion and I hope that it is over. I am still kind of the 'Grumpy Old Man' of this board and it is a mantle I wear proudly...

Thanks for listening and bye for now... (No, I am not leaving the board! Stefancos wishes he could get rid of me that easily)

Ricard I am formally requesting that you lock this thread before it goes any further.

Ricard can close MY thread when I ask him, too. And I'm not about to do that. :)

Neil

Ricard I am formally requesting that you lock this thread before it goes any further.

Ricard can close MY thread when I ask him, too. And I'm not about to do that. :)

Neil

Neil, you started this thread, but it's not your thread. It's just a thread that you started. Anyone can ask me that I lock any thread, and the final decision will be mine. In this particular case, I've decided that the thread will remain open for the time being.

What I'm saying is that, though, of course we should watch what we say and never intentionally harm someone or their feelings

And I think we should watch what we say and must be very careful with what we say when we are expressing our opinion about someone's condition of appearance (second time I post this, BTW)

If an insult is unintentional and what was said was said with the intention of being harmelss, then there's no way to really wathc what we've said. Of course, we can admit bad wording and wrong meaning, but that can only be after the fact, and we should never regret what we've said, only understand that our opinions have changed since then, and admit that, as well.

I think that in that case we must apologize since we made a mistake and insulted someone unwillingly. And the reason could be bad wording, bad meaning, ignorance, or unintentional lack of respect.