Damn it Pixar

HPFAN

I have yet to see Finding Nemo and to say that im getting rave reviews would be a gross understatement. I'm a big fan of there movies, so i looked at their web site and saw their next feature film. AND I JUST HAVE TO SAY DAMN :P they don't stop do they. Another movie that will make me grin from ear to ear.

http://www.pixar.com/theater/trailers/incr...teaser_320.html

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for pointing this out to us. Anybody who likes Barry's score to On Her Majesty's Secret Service should definitely check it out.

Neil

I am not sure that I have ever seen a Pixar film.

Joe, you should go and rent Toy Story ASAP if you've never seen it! It's worth the time to watch, if only for the scene that pays tribute to the rolling boulder sequence from Raiders. If you like it as much as most, you'll want to buy the DVD and Disney recently sent the final shipments of it and Toy Story 2 to stores. Once current stocks are sold out, they won't be available for another five to ten years. Both films have a 100% Fresh rating at RottenTomatoes.com. Monsters Inc, and A Bug's Live are great as well. Being such a big fan of E.T. and Harry Potter, I can't imagine you not enjoying these movies.

Neil,

I believe that would be Thunderball.  OHMSS didn't contain that theme.

You are joking, right?

Neil

D'oh! My bad. Got the two mixed up. Of course it is OHMSS. Like I said in the first place. :)

What's even more interesting: According to the IMDb, Barry is writing the score. :)

Yes, he is. And Brad Bird's directing. ;)

- Marc, who loved The Iron Giant.

A Bug's Life  

wait, I saw that one, Woody Allen did the voice of the ant. It was Ok, but nothing more. Didn't care for the animation, or was that the other ant move, there were two, neither memorable. A Toy Story has Tim Allen who I loathe.

What's even more interesting: According to the IMDb, Barry is writing the score. :)

Marian - who found that Mr. Incredible looks like Randy Newman.

Lets cross our fingers and hope he stays with this project.

Neil

The teaser for "The Incredibles" was very funny. But that's just two minutes. They've got to impress us with about 90 more.

Jeff -- who hasn't been impressed by a trailer since "Sorcerer's Stone," and that was because of the music

I hear that everyone at PIXAR is trying to get aboard The Incredibles since it's supposed to be "the movie" to work on. Apparently, it's so good that it will topple the Toy Story series. We'll have to wait and see for ourselves although I love Brad Bird's Iron Giant.

Michael Kamen has his own website and personally answers his emails in a post board such as this. It's great to be able to ask him whatever comes to mind. I enquired whether Bird had contacted him regarding the scoring of The Incredibles since I love his score for The Iron Giant. This was before I discovered that John Barry is slated to write the music. Kamen replied that he hadn't heard from Bird but had a great time working on the Iron Giant. For all you Kamen fans out there, check out his website. He's not only a talented composer but a genuinely nice fellow.

The teaser for "The Incredibles" was very funny. But that's just two minutes. They've got to impress us with about 90 more.

Jeff -- who hasn't been impressed by a trailer since "Sorcerer's Stone," and that was because of the music

The Two Towers trailer didn't do it for you? I LOVE that trailer!

Ted

Joe, you should go and rent Toy Story ASAP if you've never seen it! It's worth the time to watch, if only for the scene that pays tribute to the rolling boulder sequence from Raiders. If you like it as much as most, you'll want to buy the DVD and Disney recently sent the final shipments of it and Toy Story 2 to stores. Once current stocks are sold out, they won't be available for another five to ten years. Both films have a 100% Fresh rating at RottenTomatoes.com. Monsters Inc, and A Bug's Live are great as well. Being such a big fan of E.T. and Harry Potter, I can't imagine you not enjoying these movies.

Joe, AFTER you see Toy Story, go see Toy STory 2. It's better than the first. There's some funny references to Star Wars ESB, and Jurassic Park.

Pixar films are great because it's fun for kids who understand the surface story, but also for adults who will get the deeper meanings and the inside jokes, etc.

Rent it first, then buy before Disney discontinues it.

For any super avid fans, I'd strongly recommend getting the Ultimate Toy STory 3-DVD Box Set. It has commentary from the directors and producers which is just a ball to listen to. a lot of in-depth stuff on how they do the special effects, and a complete sound-effects only track.

After Incredibles (2004), Pixar is making the final film for Disney called Cars (2005).

I have no idea what this one's about, but we'll see....

Yeah i know that they will stop making films for Disney so the question is what will they do after that.

wait, I saw that one, Woody Allen did the voice of the ant.  It was Ok, but nothing more.  Didn't care for the animation, or was that the other ant move, there were two, neither memorable.  A Toy Story has Tim Allen who I loathe.

You're confusing the brilliant A Bug's Life with the mediocre Antz, a waste of a movie which should be forgotten.

Although your predujices regarding Tim Allen don't surprise me at all, remember that it also has Tom Hanks. You should watch Toy Story, both movies. Even though they are probably too 90's for you, you might enjoy the references.

Antz was flat out amazing. It had a good story, interesting characters, some actual meaning, and real humor... I felt. A Bug's Life was ok, but it doesn't compare to Antz, not in the slightest.

Ted

I wasn't too impressed by both, though I'd love to see Antz in the English version (only seen the dub on German TV). Bugs Life is nice but IMHO clearly the weakest of the Pixar movies...but it has the better score. :music:

Marian - wondering if there's a Pixar short before Nemo?

:mrgreen: The Football Game from Sleepers

Yes there is.

The Incredibles looks....incredible! I'm really rooting for Barry on this one.

Justin -Who thinks Barry should write a score just like the music in the trailer. :mrgreen:

Marian - wondering if there's a Pixar short before Nemo?

There is. It's an early Pixar short called Knick Knacks. It has also been altered, since it's now in front of a kids movie. It seems the "Florida Paperweight" had a much larger chest originally than what she has now.

Justin -Who thinks Barry should write a score just like the music in the trailer. :mrgreen:

He did, 34 years ago. :music:

Neil

I liked Bug's life much more than Antz.

The animation in Bugs was better than Antz.

For some reason, I always thought the ants in Antz looked more like choppy humanoids, than real bugs.

well, i think i'll deal with that. i hate spiders too. i FREAK when i see one. you should have seen me in the shower (not really) when i spider came down i was screaming!

Spiders are some of the most evil creatures on the earth.

I hate them.

I hate them like Indy hates snakes.

But not more than I hate hornets.

Nonsense, spiders are among natures most interesting and diverse creatures.

Of the thousands of different species only a few pose any threath to humans.

Without them, the planet would be infested with flies.

I love spiders, they are great.

Stefancos- ;)

Nonsense, spiders are among natures most interesting and diverse creatures.

True.

Marian - who still hates them. ;)

;) Spiders? Where? Oh you guys are just talking about them phew, i hate them with a passion. Even with Stefancos's defensive argument against the stigma we have of those eight legged devils i still hate them.

And in which group do you locate yourself?

-Ross, who has no especial hatred for bugs, but can't stand water in any form (rain, pool, sea...), with the shower being an exception.

I hate bugs too . . . spiders especially. We have some daddy longlegs in our yard with I swear 4 inch legs. It's hideous.

Ray Barnsbury-who doesn't like snakes or lizards either

Without them, the planet would be infested with flies.

Wrong. As someone in a (i think) Michael Crichton's book said (could it be malcom or some other in TLW?), If a mayor catastrophe occured in the earth, the last of the humans would be annoyed by the last fly. Ot something similar...

Luke, who does not mind seeing bugs, but does not weant them jumping over him (like many seem to have the habit)

I'm sorry...what?

Stefancos- who doesn't follow.

it was a joke in a book. They said that with the last human would be the last fly, to annoy him/her.

I can't make it easier...

Anyway, who's the 'sith' in the center of the signature? You? I thought you looked like your avatar :)

PS: Don't ever critisize the (supposed) fakeness of CGI in SW. I mean, you could have darkened Neil's forehead a little, softened some cuts and so... LOL

Luke, wondering how does one enter the ring of phantoms...

well, i think i'll deal with that.  i hate spiders too.  i FREAK when i see one.  you should have seen me in the shower (not really) when i spider came down i was screaming!

Deja vu.... this happened in "Arachnophobia" the movie.....

I hate spiders and ants.....

It's that feeling when they're crawling on you.......

(shudders)

My parents' house is infested with them.

Once a spider decided to take residence near my bed corner.....a foot from my sleeping face....

AAAAWWWWAGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!! :music:

I especialy hate dead spiders, the way their legs curl in like that FREAKS ME OUT MAN!!!!!!!