No theme for Chewbacca?

Moonward

Hi!It´s my first post here, although I´m an old visitor, and this question is always in my mind:

Why we don´t have any theme, even a motif for Chewbacca??

Even the Ewoks and the droids have one!

Thanks

Moonward :)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's because he's always with Han Solo, or someone else. So there's not really much use for a Chewbacca theme. He's never really had any moments of grandure or anything.

Well, maybe in Episode III.

And welcome into the community! :)

- Marc

Hey Moonward, welcome to the board.

Chewbacca, could have used a nice little motif, kinda like Worf has the Klingon theme by Goldsmith.

Here is a poll that was done about this time last year on who in the Star Wars movies deserves a theme. Enjoy!

http://jwfan.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&f...=404&highlight=

I think it's because he's always with Han Solo,  

- Marc

Who does not have a theme on his own either.

That's true. But Chewbacca always seemed a bit like a sidekick to me.

- Marc

Maybe Williams will find some little motif that was hidden in the score that always seems to be around Chewbacca in the old trilogy, and will expound upon that in Ep. III. Or not...:)

~Conor

Does anyone keep track of leitmotifs, motifs and themes in Star Wars and who has what? I remember there once was a handy thread about how to distinguish themes from (leit)motifs but I cannot find it. I admit it's an off-topic but if someone could guide me. I keep searching for the time being...

To me Chewbacca was always the least interesting character of the films, no reason why he should get a theme.

Off course Boba Fett was not particulary interesting, and he did get one.

Stefancos- who saw parts of the Star Wars Chistmas Special, starring Chewies family. :)

Who the heck is chewbacka :) forgive me i'm realy star wars illeterate i only saw Phantom Menace, Attck of the clones and a new hope.

Stefancos- who saw parts of the Star Wars Chistmas Special, starring Chewies family.

Maybe a theme unique to Chewbacca was used in that Star Wars Special. :)

Anyway, a theme that suits Chewbacca wonderfully well is the Main Title. See the MTV Awards where Chewbacca won, and you know what I mean. It just so him.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Who the heck is chewbacka :( forgive me i'm realy star wars illeterate i only saw Phantom Menace, Attck of the clones and a new hope.

He's the the tall guy who needs a shave and speaks in largely incomprehensible growls. He enjoys playing holo-chess and piloting the Millennium Falcon.

HPFAN, Chewbacca is the co-pilot and good friend of Han Solo in the first Star Wars movie( you know, those two in the Millennium Falcon). He also appears in TESB and ROAJ and is already known to star in Episode III.

---------------

Alex Cremers

:folder:

Thanks for the welcomes, and I must say only this:

At least for me, Chewbacca, the Hairy Wookie is an lovely character, or you guys don´t remember the touching scene where he cries in Hoth when the gates in Rebel´s hideway were closed?

Bah, even Palpatine(aka Ozzy Osbourne) has as theme!

Best wishes

Moonward

• 2 weeks later...

Off course Boba Fett was not particulary interesting, and he did get one.  

He's a popular character, he has appeal it seems.

And anyway... you can't give a theme to every character, hehe, that's not practical, too many themes to try and fit in.