Jumanji (1995) complete score - James Horner?

CuriousMan

All isolated scores are just a dump of the film's music stem, except for the (extremely) rare cases where a restoration professional is hired to make something different, such as Twilight Time titles or the Alien Anthology box set

You can even screw up making a bare-bones music stem. I got out the Planet Earth DVD a while back to take a look, and noticed that all they'd done to make the 'music only' track was mute the centre channel of the entire mix, so while they did lose the narration, they took with it the centre music channel (hence a massive loss of detail) and kept the effects.

It's like somebody somewhere had the right idea from a basic technical standpoint, but whoever actually did the work didn't know what they were doing.

5 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

You can even screw up making a bare-bones music stem. I got out the Planet Earth DVD a while back to take a look, and noticed that all they'd done to make the 'music only' track was mute the centre channel of the entire mix, so while they did lose the narration, they took with it the centre music channel (hence a massive loss of detail) and kept the effects.

It's like somebody somewhere had the right idea from a basic technical standpoint, but whoever actually did the work didn't know what they were doing.

Lol. Wow. That would annoy the hell out of me.

Also, yes, of course it's the film edit, but I assume thats as complete as we have at this point to an extent (officially speaking). I suppose you could use the OST to fill out microedits and what not.

Just now, Jay said:

Yep and there was a partial session leak too

Yep! Thats right. I was actually amending my post to say "officially speaking" right as you posted. Lol.