What podcasts do you listen to?

Jay

10 hours ago, Jay said:

Timestamps? For what? 

Skip topics you’re not interested in

Like this is how NVC’s show notes appear in Overcast, the podcatcher I use.  I can just tap a timestamp to skip to it

5E06DA67-D2FC-4D70-9AE0-6BB5F74E58BA.jpeg

I never use that feature, if I'm subscribed to a podcast I listen to all of every episode ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

At this point, any podcast that doesn't include timestamps is on my naughty list

But clickable timestamps don't work with all players. Personally, I'd rather a listener listen to the entire episode I produce instead of skipping around. 

-Erik-

• 3 weeks later...

This had me giggling for a solid minute.  If you've ever listened to that public media style narrative podcast a la Serial, This American Life, etc. etc., it is a very accurate parody :lol:

I was gonna say, that's just a parody of how NPR podcasts end, not any other podcasts (that I've ever heard)

• 1 year later...

Anyone here listen to the Always Sunny podcast?  

I was reading so much good buzz about it, I checked it out not long after it launched, and was surprised by how good it was.  Arguably better than the last several yeras of the show itself.  It quickly became a podcast that went right to the top of the queue for me when a new episode dropped

But now they've gone a month and a half without a new episode (presumably because they are filming season 16 of the show), and I miss it!  Never had this happen with a podcast before; Plenty of podcasts have taken a week or 2 off, or just gone off the air entirely.  But waiting so long when their last aired episode was a completely normal one that didn't mention anything about taking time off has been weird

I listen to podcasts while driving, doing laundry, making dinner, cleaning, yardwork, stuff like that.

There's never been any occasion where I've listened to a podcast with full attention without doing anything else

• 5 months later...

Currently subscribed to:

The Adventure Zone

Hardcore History

In Our Time

The Legacy of John Williams

Goldsmith Odyssey

MBMBAM

Nextlander/Watchcast

The Soundtrack Show

Upgrade

I'm just happy the Always Sunny podcast can return now that the writers strike is over

... Unless it can't because the actors strike is still ongoing.... Damn.