John Powell's HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 (2014) - 2022 Varese Deluxe Edition

Jay

19 minutes ago, Presto said:

Didn't the first score have a missing bit of music right before Astrid Goes for A Spin?

Yes that's the held string note lead-in that I mention

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

Yes that's the held string note lead-in that I mention

It also has a 3 note glockenspiel/celeste and viola (?) phrase...

I asked this in the Hidden World thread but this is probably a better place, does anyone know if this will be back in stock at some point? I missed out on this one unfortunately :(

I thought the physical editions of the first two Deluxe Editions had sold out a while ago?

The only Dragon product available on Varese's site is the digital version of the first one so I'm assuming they have. One of them was sold out a bit before they did their warehouse move. At least they'll all remain available digitally.

Yeah I’m in the same boat. Got the DE of the first and won’t miss the third when it gets released. But the second score (which might be my favorite) I’ll have to pay through the nose for if I want to complete the trilogy. 😢 

Yavar

• 1 month later...
On 12/01/2024 at 9:02 PM, Jay said:

I thought the physical editions of the first two Deluxe Editions had sold out a while ago?

On 12/01/2024 at 9:53 PM, Yavar Moradi said:

Yeah I’m in the same boat. Got the DE of the first and won’t miss the third when it gets released. But the second score (which might be my favorite) I’ll have to pay through the nose for if I want to complete the trilogy. 😢 

Yavar

For some reason, the international Varese store says

Note: Orders will begin shipping early March 2024

https://intl.varesesarabande.com/products/how-to-train-your-dragon-2-the-deluxe-edition-cd/

https://intl.varesesarabande.com/products/how-to-train-your-dragon-the-deluxe-edition-cd/

and it's on sale as well...:blink:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2022 at 12:19 PM, scallenger said:

Yeah, I guess that song played in some foreign releases over the credits? Being in the US, I never even knew about that until years later, so I personally have no attachment to it haha. To my understanding it wasn't made "for the film", right?

Out of curiosity, has anybody seen the European release of the film that can confirm Into A Fantasy is heard in the end credits? My online searches have been fruitless so far.

1 hour ago, Turbo said:

Out of curiosity, has anybody seen the European release of the film that can confirm Into A Fantasy is heard in the end credits? My online searches have been fruitless so far.

It plays after Jonsi's song in the credits of the Dutch, Flemish, Hungarian, Icelandic, Polish dubs on my bluray.

English, French, German, Italian, Hebrew, Portuguese don't have it.

That's so odd that it's only for European releases! It actually has grown on me, despite it being inferior to the Jonsi song.

It's more weird that it's not even in all the European/EBU member dubs.

Feels like a very selective promo push in regions he maybe already had some success.

On 04/03/2024 at 10:27 AM, filip said:

It plays after Jonsi's song in the credits of the Dutch, Flemish, Hungarian, Icelandic, Polish dubs on my bluray.

English, French, German, Italian, Hebrew, Portuguese don't have it.

That's great, thanks so much for clarifying. Although I didn't need this as an excuse, I'll definitely be adding it to my personal playlist.