Christopher Lennertz's LOST IN SPACE (2018-2021)

FunnyML

Season 3 soundtrack has dropped as well as the show at (I am guessing) all the usual streaming and digital purchase portals. (I know Presto and Qobuz have it.)

Been jumping around the 73 min score a bit, and I hear a few bits of the Williams 2nd season theme - likely when the Robinsons do something heroic as that was how it was used in Season 2. No big blast of it yet though, and the soundtrack does not include the main or end titles. (However, the streaming episodes do have the end titles that use the JW theme.)

From the other thread:

9 hours ago, lairdo said:

Season 3 soundtrack has dropped as well as the show at (I am guessing) all the usual streaming and digital purchase portals. (I know Presto and Qobuz have it.)

Been jumping around the 73 min score a bit, and I hear a few bits of the Williams 2nd season theme - likely when the Robinsons do something heroic as that was how it was used in Season 2. No big blast of it yet though, and the soundtrack does not include the main or end titles. (However, the streaming episodes do have the end titles that use the JW theme.)

I've gotten to where the Lennertz theme being started gives me just as much of a warm fuzzy as JW. There was a moment in episode 1 of this season though where the kids were about to do something SUPER HEROIC AND COOL and my brain said "Here it comes..." And BAM! there was the Williams theme. Nice.

I haven't found this season's "John and Judy" yet. But I haven't listened to the whole season's score.

Episode 1 was good. The physics are still... Well, Lost in Space. The jeopardy is still nuts. Man, Will is TALL. And they're doing a nice balance of Smith behaving well enough to be allowed to live while still being her old crazy self.

On 02/12/2021 at 2:58 PM, Tallguy said:

My son has a hard time telling the difference between JW's Lost in Space theme and Jurassic Park.

That's funny. The same thing has occured to me a few times -- something about the chord progressions and the instrumentation, I think. Especially the slower versions of the theme.

We're binging.

Is it just me or is Lennertz getting more overt with his "Williamsisms"?

Spoiler

When it got to the asteroid field I wondered "Hmmm. What's he going to do now?" I mean, asteroids, Williams? Where do you go with that? It would have been REALLY cool if he had busted out the season 1 theme. That's pretty darn close to The Asteroid Field, right?

We finished Season 3 this weekend.

Mostly amazing.

Spoiler

I see why they sidelined Will for an episode but I'm not sure it was worth the cost. It was supposed to have amazing payoff.

The whole "Smith and Will go to Robot town" felt like it ran into production problems. Covid? But it was the pivotal moment of the the whole ending of the whole show! And they blew it.

When they "killed" Robot back in season one it messed my kids up so bad they wouldn't watch the rest of the show for weeks. This time (which had a much better chance of being permanent) they just blew past it. They didn't give it weight.

And I bet they added Smith "narrating" to Will after someone said "I have no idea what is happening here."

Other than that it was wonderful! All the usual family dynamic that we love, physics that you don't want to think too much about. And amazing music.

I need to go back over the whole score again. Everyone vs. SAAR (that should be SAR, right?) is just SO big. I mean, nobody writes like this anymore, do they? This is like Independence Day big. Welcome to Alpha Centauri is joyous. I need to check, does that start with the "chores" theme from season 1?

I will miss this show. I'm glad it was what it was. It started, it ended. It was always what it wanted to be. Welcome home, Robinsons.