Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi (James Mangold)

Edmilson

1 hour ago, Bellosh said:

nothing from Disney excites me anymore, let me wallow in my jadedness

Not even a prequel to the "live-action" Lion King and the Moana remake starring a seminude The Rock? :lol:

somehow palpatine returned and fixing the whole entire arc/plot of Indy 5 with an off-screen phone call.

those 3 words and decision are enough to make me never want to watch anything by Disney ever again.

they're asleep at the wheel, riding cozily on the IP names.  I'm done.

Just now, Bellosh said:

somehow palpatine returned and fixing the whole entire arc/plot of Indy 5 with an off-screen phone call.

At least it wasn't resolved with a spanking.

Just now, Faleel said:

At least it wasn't resolved with a spanking.

the only people getting spanked were the viewers.

3 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

the only people getting spanked were the viewers.

Are you saying Indy 5 is a :fouetaa: experience? JW score is the pleasure part?

1 minute ago, Faleel said:

Are you saying Indy 5 is a BDSM experience? JW score is the pleasure part?

i got fucked with 3 Raiders fan-serviced references in the last 5 minutes alone.

so....yeah. i think it is.

JW will always be the best thing about mostly everything.

13 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

that has happened in two Star Wars series out of...how many are we up to now? 10? 20?

Series? Maybe yeah, is it really that many already? I was thinking about the Lucasfilm movies (Rey, Jyn, Qi'ra and Helena) 

22 minutes ago, Groovygoth666 said:

Series? Maybe yeah, is it really that many already? I was thinking about the Lucasfilm movies (Rey, Jyn, Qi'ra and Helena) 

And prior to Disney:

Marion, Leia, Padme.

You could extend it further, with non-white brunettes, or Video Game/Novels/Comic characters.

3 minutes ago, Groovygoth666 said:

I don't think they're British though?

Whoops!

I guess I was going more for "Huh, very few blondes in these things."

10 minutes ago, Faleel said:

Whoops!

I guess I was going more for "Huh, very few blondes in these things."

But still the majority, what other films have Lucasfilm done? Willow, Red Tails, Howard The Duck and wasn’t there an animated film? Yeah there would be Willie and Elsa at least and I don't think there's one redhead? 

17 minutes ago, Faleel said:

You could extend it further, with non-white brunettes, or Video Game/Novels/Comic characters.

Oh jeez that's a heck of a rabbit hole, and not had much exposure to most of it. 

22 minutes ago, Groovygoth666 said:

But still the majority, what other films have Lucasfilm done? Willow, Red Tails, Howard The Duck and wasn’t there an animated film? Yeah there would be Willie and Elsa at least and I don't think there's one redhead?

Mon Mothma?

Isn't the daughter from Willow Redheaded?

2 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

I don't think they're British though?

I really don’t understand this theory. Kathleen Kennedy isn’t British, so if she’s trying to insert representations of herself in all the Disney Star Wars movies, why is she somehow dictating British brunette women rather than Americans like Carrie Fisher?

Gee, maybe they just cast the actresses who did the best at each screen test, and they happened to be brunettes because there are more brunettes than blondes or redheads in the world?

I swear, sometimes I can’t believe how ridiculous Star Wars fandom is. It’s one thing to complain about bad writing (acting like it started with Disney, though… that’s just beyond stupid.) But this is seriously descending into major incel vibes.

Yavar

1 hour ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I really don’t understand this theory. Kathleen Kennedy isn’t British, so if she’s trying to insert representations of herself in all the Disney Star Wars movies

Yavar

Is this a thing people believe? I didn't get that vibe from @Groovygoth666 original comment, so, no offense, it feels kinda Wizard Of Oz Dance GIF

18 minutes ago, Faleel said:

Is this a thing people believe? I didn't get that vibe from @Groovygoth666 original comment, so, no offense, it feels kinda Wizard Of Oz Dance GIF

Yeah it's a thing people do believe.

Like @Yavar Moradi I don't think it's because Kathleen Kennedy is trying to make them a self insert, for the same reasons. So yeah I doubt Kennedy is forcing any of the directors to cast this way and it's down to the right person getting the role. Just that right person having similar characteristics in multiple films once it had been pointed out was funny to me and so wanted to make an easy prediction based off that. 

On 06/04/2024 at 9:34 PM, Groovygoth666 said:

wasn’t there an animated film

There is some sort of fairy queen in Twice Upon a Time? :P What year after the Tho Yor arrival does this series take place?

18 hours ago, Schilkeman said:

There is some sort of fairy queen in Twice Upon a Time? :P

Sorry not sure what you're referring to? 

18 hours ago, Schilkeman said:

What year after the Tho Yor arrival does this series take place?

This is going to be a film, I don't think they've said when it's set yet?

12 minutes ago, Groovygoth666 said:

He is referring to this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twice_Upon_a_Time_(1983_film)

33 minutes ago, Faleel said:

Ah yes that must be it. I was referring to Strange Magic originally . Completely forgot that one exists and a quick glance at Google just came up with a Doctor Who episode, Netflix mini series and a book. 

6 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

Yes, as mentioned, it was Lucasfilm's somewhat hidden gem from the early 80's. The Tho Yor thing is from the now Legends comic Dawn of the Jedi. Just having a little fun with the way Disney keeps recycling names from Legends, but with a completely different context.

17 minutes ago, Schilkeman said:

Yes, as mentioned, it was Lucasfilm's somewhat hidden gem from the early 80's. The Tho Yor thing is from the now Legends comic Dawn of the Jedi. Just having a little fun with the way Disney keeps recycling names from Legends, but with a completely different context.

So hidden it's not a top result on Google 😂. Wasn't Mortis meant to be a Tho Yor? Or at least look like one? 

7 minutes ago, Groovygoth666 said:

Wasn't Mortis meant to be a Tho Yor? Or at least look like one?

I don't think it was ever made explicit. The comic came after the Mortis arc in TCW, so maybe they got it from there. Outside of the shape, the don't really look the same.