Star Wars Outlaws (Video Game 2024) - Score by Wilbert Roget II

No one has taken credit for the music yet, but the main melody sound exactly like a reoccurring pattern in Will Roget scores so I'm taking a wild guess that it could be him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: I told y'all so! :lol:

30 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

I’m guessing it’s Gordy Haab. The music at the very end is highly reminiscent of the Cal Kestis theme.

Gordy and Will have a very similar style overall. Will has been doing a lot of the "smaller" SW games (including a major one that was cancelled) so I wouldn't be surprised if they were alternating now with more games being developed in a smaller window.

Could be. But by “highly reminiscent” I mean, it’s the exact same rhythm, and even the exact same last 4 notes. It’s not just a similar style; this is either Haab, or Roget blatantly modeled his theme on Haab’s Cal Kestis theme.

5 hours ago, Tydirium said:

Could be. But by “highly reminiscent” I mean, it’s the exact same rhythm, and even the exact same last 4 notes. It’s not just a similar style; this is either Haab, or Roget blatantly modeled his theme on Haab’s Cal Kestis theme.

Something I didn't think about yesterday: this is Ubisoft's "open world" game they announced last year... meaning it's likely to have multiple composers. So it could be both!

39 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Something I didn't think about yesterday: this is Ubisoft's "open world" game they announced last year... meaning it's likely to have multiple composers. So it could be both!

After watching the gameplay video, I was just about to come here and say this! During the first part I was starting to doubt that it was Haab (both due to the music as well as the non-LSO-sounding orchestra; still sounded great, though!), but then later on during the ship battle I thought the music sounded very Haab and the orchestra sounded very London. We’ll see!

1 hour ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Does Shadows of the Empire count?

Ye...no...

I'd say no because the score wasn't made for the game, which came out the following year.

• 10 months later...

The problem is games like this cost $100, but they're selling them for $70. It's the delivery fee of gaming. Mega Man on the NES was $60. I paid $80 for Shadows of the Empire on N64 in 1997, but it's a bad look to sell a game for that much, so they do this sort of bullshit. The AAA space is unsustainable for the amount of money they're spending to make these things. Something will have to change, and I guess it already has, with so many big publishers getting bought by platform holders. Ubisoft has been "for sale" for a few years now.