Scores That Are Still Not Available Digitally

Tydirium

57 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

Is anyone else a bit surprised that the OSTs for scores like “Sabrina,” “Nixon,” “Sleepers,” “1941,” “Always,” etc. are still not available to purchase/stream from the major digital music services? I can understand very old scores (mid-70s and earlier) not being available, but especially for the 1995-96 scores (and the missing Spielberg ones), I would expect them to be on there by now. Not expecting any of the expanded treatments by Matessino, but it would be nice even for just the standard OSTs to be made available for the wider public. Do you think this will ever happen at some point?

EDIT: Also can’t forget “The Patriot” and “Angela’s Ashes”!

I found ALWAYS on Spotify. The others, not so much.

All the more silly given that essentially every OST ever released and many bootlegs are on YouTube.

But the fact that many OSTs are put on YT by the label/artist themselves may be an indication of how little revenue they receive via streamers.

That has always been something I wondered about.  We'll probably never know the answer, and it's probably some obscure dumb reason

9 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

But the fact that many OSTs are put on YT by the label/artist themselves may be an indication of how little revenue they receive via streamers.

Is YouTube not a streamer?

Sure, but there is YouTube monetization, so its possible they still make something off of it. (I don't know how it works)

It works the same either way. A streaming service pays musical labels money to stream their music. 

Subscription services like Spotify or Tifa make their money from subscription fees, free services like youtube or Pandora make it from ad revenue. But the part where they pay the labels is the same regardless of how they get their income.