The Imaginary Ghent Festival Box Set of Star Wars Music of John Williams

Jurassic Shark

Just now, bollemanneke said:

All the concert arrangements, in published/story order. Would fit on two discs, though, so no idea what else you want in your box set.

I thought you'd be content with a Brossé Han Solo and the Princess.

A 2-CD program of course... So I go...

1. Suite from Hook
  2. Suite from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
  3. Suite from Memoirs of A Geisha (Sayuri's Theme / A Dream Discarded / Going to School)
  4. The Duel from Tintin
  5. Theme from Jurassic Park
  6. Suite from Harry Potter (Hedwig's Theme / Nimbus 2000 / Harry's Wondrous World)
  7. Suite from Schindler's List (Theme / Remembrances)
  8. With Malice Toward None from Lincoln
  9. Suite from The Book Thief
  10. Suite from The Fabelmans
  11. Dartmoor, 1912 from War Horse
  12. Raiders March from "Indiana Jones - Raiders of the lost Ark"
  13. Suite from Jaws (Title Theme / Out To Sea / The Shark Cage Fugue)
  14. Suite from Star Wars (Main Theme / Princess Leia / Imperial March / Yoda's Theme / Throne Room and Finale)

Something like this...

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

:sleepy:

I'll take it as a compliment.

Because a CD like this should be a "greatest hits" collection, it would be wonderful to include some newly composed suites, such as one from "Hook", "The Book Thief", "The Fabelmans," and so on.

Since we are in an imaginary world, let this be Williams and the LSO--just about all the concert pieces, though with the Asteroid field, begin with the crazy action strings and end with Han Solo and the Princess theme.  Also, the Fathiers, Clash of the Lightsabers , GE, AoH, and Obi.  

Even better, a 30-45 minute original symphonic fantasia reworking the themes, motifs, and style from the scores.  

7 hours ago, Bespin said:

A 2-CD program of course... So I go...

1. Suite from Hook
  2. Suite from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
  3. Suite from Memoirs of A Geisha (Sayuri's Theme / A Dream Discarded / Going to School)
  4. The Duel from Tintin
  5. Theme from Jurassic Park
  6. Suite from Harry Potter (Hedwig's Theme / Nimbus 2000 / Harry's Wondrous World)
  7. Suite from Schindler's List (Theme / Remembrances)
  8. With Malice Toward None from Lincoln
  9. Suite from The Book Thief
  10. Suite from The Fabelmans
  11. Dartmoor, 1912 from War Horse
  12. Raiders March from "Indiana Jones - Raiders of the lost Ark"
  13. Suite from Jaws (Title Theme / Out To Sea / The Shark Cage Fugue)
  14. Suite from Star Wars (Main Theme / Princess Leia / Imperial March / Yoda's Theme / Throne Room and Finale)

Something like this...

No Sabrina?

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Even better, a 30-45 minute original symphonic fantasia reworking the themes, motifs, and style from the scores.  

Yes please!

1 hour ago, GerateWohl said:

No Sabrina?

That's not Star Wars. 

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Star Wars the Ballet

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

That's not Star Wars. 

Hardly any of Bespin's list is Star Wars. 

I was just beginning to master saying "The Imaginary Ghent Festival CD of Music of John Williams" ten times fast, and now I wake up to this! 😣

A Ghent Festival Box Set of Star Wars Music would have to come this year - not to prevent the below from being released:

Disney Music Emporium  (Rebranded as WYWUAS Records..."When You Wish Upon A Star" Records)

2024: 25 Years Episode I - complete expanded score editions of Episodes I-III (6 CD box set)

2025: 10 Years Episode VII - complete expanded score editions of Episodes VII-IX (6 CD box set)

2027: 50 Years of STAR WARS - complete expanded score re-editions of Episodes IV-VI (6 CD box set) PLUS The Definitive STAR WARS Collector's Edition - complete expanded score editions of Episodes I-IX (18+1 CD box set with forewords by George Lucas and John Williams, a bonus CD with Solo, Galaxy's Edge and Obi Wan Themes, limited to 5000 copies)