Is there official scores for every Star Wars movie released?

cbarrowmusic

Hi, Does anyone here know how to obtain the original scores to all if not most of the Star Wars movies? I know about the Star Wars Suite for Orchestra and have checked Williams' website but it seems if all the scores have been released they're pretty obscure. I did however manage to find the full score for A New Hope. The only other thing I thought of was to contact the copyright owners, but thought it would be a good idea to check if anyone on here knows anything first. Being able to see these scores would make transcribing a piano version of the pieces much easier, since I'm aiming to get my transcription at least as close as I can get to the original, and these pieces are much more complex than the ones I'm used to transcribing.

Thanks.

The only Star Wars music legally for sale has been the selections published by Hal Leonard, and some piano reductions.

The original manuscripts that were used to record every cue when making the films are not for legal sale or rental, though edited versions of them to match the final picture are prepared for the Live To Projection concerts.

44 minutes ago, Jay said:

The only Star Wars music legally for sale has been the selections published by Hal Leonard, and some piano reductions.

The manuscripts used to record every cue when making the films are not for legal sale or rental, though edited versions of them to match the final picture are prepared for the Live To Projection concerts.

Thanks for the info, any idea who I could contact to ask for the full manuscripts? I know Williams wrote it, Sony had the rights and now Disney does. Would it be easier to try finding the original manuscripts with cues like I'm assuming the one from A New Hope was? If that's the case, could you please point me in the right direction? Edit: I just found out Julliard has a copy of all the scores, would it be worth it to ask them?

43 minutes ago, Jay said:

You can't get any legal access to these manuscripts.  You have to delve into the world of illegal file sharing, which is not something discussed on this message board.

Ok, thanks for the help. I’m still not entirely sure if Julliard has anything, since I only read that they did on reddit. Is there an official person I could email to ask for the Live To Projection scores or is the suites the only option?