James Horner's SNEAKERS (1992) - 2023 2-CD Expanded Edition from La La Land Records, Produced by Neil S. Bulk and Mike Matessino

Jay

See? This is why I hang out here. I totally skipped this track! Or at least didn't "notice" it. Yeah, that's a heck of a ride, isn't it? That's the problem with Alternates at the end of an already sumptuous program. It can be easy to miss things.

Oh wow!  I'm so glad I was able to bring it to your attention!

44 minutes ago, Holko said:

Watched the movie since then and the score was definitely the best part of it, very inspired, better than it deserved!

Hard disagree there. It's the best Horner score, and the film totally deserves it. Sure, the science is goofy (and technically a huge plot hole), but the film making is first rate - the Too Many Secrets sequence wouldn't have as good a score if it wasn't made so well. Plus the cast is excellent, and the quotability is only a small step behind Big Lebowski (if that).

I finally read the liner notes! Very nice. (I'd expect no less.)

I'm not sure I ever consciously noticed that the first theme in the Main Title is Cosmo's theme from Cosmo... Old Friend in a faster setting.

BTW, I will put this score head to head with Edward Scissorhands for best score to listen to when it's snowing.

• 1 month later...