Unreleased and wanted...

fommes

I rewatched The Hunt for Red October tonight and noticed (thank you DTS) that actually about half of the score seems to be unreleased, including some really good bits like an a-capella rendition of the Hymn.

Marian - who wants that now.

There is a complete boot for the score out but a lot of the unreleased cues sound crappy...similar to the old Air Force One unreleased cues before we got the version that had awesome sound...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Empire of the Sun was on TV the other day,and I heard this incredible unreleased cue I'd never spotted before,when Jim tries to revive his Japanese soldier friend after he is shot near the end of the film

K.M.

• 1 year later...

Bump.

My Holy Grail is Max Steiner's The Big Sleep.

I just read that nothing survives from this score on the FSM Board.

What a bummer.

Anyway, does anybody have the bootleg LP with gerhardt's extended suite on it, and ripped it to CD? Then PM me please.

My Holy Grail is Max Steiner's The Big Sleep.

Huh? why? nothing I heard in the film sounded particularly good. Just another Steiner noir theme.

It's always interesting to go back and look at the holy grail threads a year or so after they are written and see what has actually been released in that time period.

Mine still remain (In Their Non Bootleg Form and not counting their out of print original releases):

El Cid

Quo Vadis

Valley Of Gwangi

Seventh Voyage Of Sinbad

Psycho

Spartacus

Black Sunday

Images

Sugarland Express

Airplane!

Obsession

Freud

Complete Indiana Jones Trilogy

Gremlins

Innerspace

Masada

MacArthur

Boys From Brazil

The Burbs

Raggedy Man

I'm sure I could find many more scores but those right now are on my most wanted list.

The score from the little known movie The Chinese Feast (directed by Tsui Hark, probably the funniest movie I've EVER seen), by the little known composer Lowell Lo has always fascinated me. It's really simple, mostly synthesized, but just irresistibly funny... and doesn't exist anywhere on disc.

One score that would be great listening to would be Silvestri's rejected (eternal regrets :P ) score for PotC. If only Bruckheimer had picked him instead of Zimmer...

The "Love Theme" from Underworld by Paul Haslinger has never been released on the Underworld album, or the Underworld : Evolution album ; a pity, as it's really a beautiful and hypnotizing theme.

Hmm for me the top scores I enjoy that I'd like to see in complete form offically released are...

Hook

Back To The Future

All 10 Star Trek film scores...

Batman

Does anybody happen to have or know of a soundtrack to the movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?

Yes if you are still looking for this - there is a good quality boot out there, pm me! :P

- Tim

Back to The Future!!!!

Justin - :P:P

Seconded. There are the bootlegs, but still no official release of the score. (unless you count the few poorly rerecorded tracks on the trilogy cd)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. What's the deal with these scores and release situations (e.g. reuse fees)? What is plausible, or when is it plausible?

Family Plot,in Stereo

Indiana jones and the Temple of Doom,complete

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade,Complete

Hook,Complete

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone,Complete

Harry Potter ans the Prisoner of Azcaban,Complete

Attack of the Clones,Complete

Revenge of the Sith,Complete

I'd say HPPS and ToD are the top 2.

At least we got Amazing Stories off that list

Does it have to be score, per se? It could be songs and a bit of underscore as well?

then Popeye (1980)

then Spider-Man 3 and complete releases for Goldenthal's Batman scores.

Well i wasn't about to repeat any titles - most of the good ones were already said!

And yes I do want Spider-Man 3 - a REAL score album, not that fruity 7-track promo.