International JWFan Conference

MSM

Ok, here's an idea I had for some time, and since I saw someone posting about a fan meeting I thought this would be a good moment to come up with it (although I'm not sure if this has been discussed before).

Who would be interested in an international conference for members of JWFAN Network? It would be a great opportunity to meet each other live, and there could be activities like:

- A talk by JW himself, including a signing session;

- Trading/buying cd's;

- Workshops;

- Going to a JW concert;

It would be a tremendous job to organize and there would be huge costs involved. Probably even most of you think visiting the board is enough... Just interested in your thoughts about this.

MSM

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be cool, but I probably wouldn't be able to come. I'm only 16, and I live in Holland, so getting to such a meeting would be a big problem. But it sounds like a cool idea.

- Marc, at school.

And then we'll all dance around in fairyland. bowdown

This sounds very much impossible, but hey you want to give it a try? I say, go for it! :)

Justin -Who thinks this basically sounds like a fanboy convention. :wave:

Justin -Who thinks this basically sounds like a fanboy convention

Justin, you couldn't be there anyways, you're scheduled to be the first person ever eaten by a shark in the Great Lakes, remember.

I'm hoping that I will be able to meet some fellow members in the 2005 London concert.
I'll be there certainly
Same here  woohoo John Williams 2005 RULEZ... !!  

(hum... hum...)

Count me in for 2005 London

Don't forget a possible (utopian) meeting with Williams.

I just hope that everyhting works nicelly and I'm able to get to London in 2005.

Same here

If that was ever to happen, it would either be in Boston or Hollywood. I wouldn't mind it being anywhere in NE! Nice and close, which would give me that opurtunity to attend. Im also in HS so I wouldn't be able to travel. Well, maybe someday it could happen :?

Justin -Who thinks this basically sounds like a fanboy convention

Justin, you couldn't be there anyways, you're scheduled to be the first person ever eaten by a shark in the Great Lakes, remember.

That's right, mind like a sieve. :music:

Justin

I've launch the internationale fan meeting idea (in date of the Chicago Concert) but nobody reply to me :sigh:

Ichabod, I read your post and it was the reason I posted mine: I had this idea for a long time but didn't post it because I assumed there wouldn't be much animo... At least now I knew there would be one person who would be interested ;)

Thanks for all the replies!

Most of you seem to be positive about the idea. And Justin, yeah why don't give it a try? Of course I couldn't organize the whole thing alone so me and Ichabod :sigh: need some more active JWFan members who are willing to spend time and energy in the realization of it. So my question is:

- Are there among you who would like to help organizing such an event?

Maybe some of you have some expertise with organizing events like this, especially your input would be welcome.

Choosing a location would be of crucial significance I think, but still comes second. I was planning London 2005 as well, like a lot of you so it seems, but for our American members it might be too far traveling.

(For clarity: this is still just inventarising what the possibilities are.)

Y'know....with so many of us looking at London '05, what we might ought to do is talk to Williams' people about this. If we could demonstrate that enough people were going to be there, and somehow give it an "official" angle (as a part of JWFan), we might--just might--find a way to convince them to leave a smidgen of his schedule open for a quick meeting. If we show our best face on this, really generate some interest and support, I think it could have a slim chance of coming off....

- Uni

I absolutely agree. In this way I think it would be the best chance for all of us to meet JW. So, how are we going to do this? Still we should have a location, something like T-shirts or so. I mean, we should organize at least a serious meeting of a real (and selected, eg only JWFan members) group of fans if we want to be taken seriously.