How many Discs does your Hook score have?

Incanus

What version of the Hook score do you own?  

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1 CD (OST)
    • 2 CDs
    • 3 CDs
    • 4 CDs
    • 5, 6 or more CDs

One of the most loved and enthused scores of John Williams must be Hook. Almost every fan has expressed that it is a masterpiece of composition and movie scoring. We all know there is a great need of the official complete release of this magnificent soundtrack (I use superlatives very much on this subject) and since that is to happen at some point(hopefully) in the future we JW fans have come up with our own bootleg and CD-R versions of it. So I would like to know how many disc versions each of you JW fans own?

Personally I own the Original Sountrack recording and a 2 CD bootleg and The Ultimate Edition CD-R (3 Discs).

And people tend to create complitely their own variations of these by their own preferance. Usually these bootlegs contain material that has been later recorded by Williams or other orchestras as a concert pieces (to name a few Cincinnati Pops orchestra and the Prague Philharmonics).The most multitudinous of the versions (to my knowledge) has 4 Discs. Of course the number of CDs depends on how tightly or loosely one organises all the material but I would not be surprised even if a 5 CD or 6 CD editions would surface some day :devil:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Chrusher 2-CD boot (great one, btw), the 2001 edition (I think there are latter ones). I also have the original soundtrack and some concert suites in compilations. Great score. Top 10 stuff.

I have the oficila release, the first 2-cd boot with poor sound, the Concorde boot, a private 4-cd version, plus mine, still in the works, with material I've never saw in anyone else version, not even in Chris Chrusher version, that is made up of three discs (no need for a fourth, as I only included the music recorded for the film, no re-recordings.)

I have the OST CD, plus the concorde 2 CD bootleg. And three tracks form a live concert, which include 'The Never Feast', 'The Face of Pan' (with an extended flute solo) and 'Themes from Hook'.

I have the OST CD, plus the concorde 2 CD bootleg. And three tracks form a live concert, which include 'The Never Feast', 'The Face of Pan' (with an extended flute solo) and 'Themes from Hook'.

And I forgot... I also have those live performances tracks. And the recordings from City of Prague PO, Cincinati Pops, Boston Pops, and the Orlando Philharmonic.

I have the OST and I made a 3 CD version myself. I combined the cue lists I could find and I think I cleared up the inaccuracies (e.g. concerning the Stories Are True cues)... If you want to make a complete score, it won't fit onto two CDs, if you would include all the alternates, that is.

Lotman