Return Of The King SCORE Discussion

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steef, you must be kidding. All those pics where already seen in the trailer (the Merry/Théoden one in the very first trailer for the whole trilogy, as a matter of fact).

I disagree, i think TTT was well done by Shore with the only drawback being to it was that it's meant as a middle part for the movies, of course it'll be the worse one

Then Williams IS without doubt the best composer ever. Both Empire Strikes back and Temple of Doom are masterpieces

...All those pics where already seen in the trailer ...

Yes they all were in the trailers, in fact I can remember that the Arawin death scene was also in one of the first trailers back in 2002, aswell es the one ChrisAfonso mentioned.

Since every one (exept the ones shown) have surfaced in some form or another, it's very probable we will see them in EE. But then again we might never see these scenes ever.

But Steef, I'm sorry that I did not post a "SPOILER warning".

Right. No, I did not hear that.

But if you look at the music documentary on the TTT EE, you'll see that Howard Shore calls that theme I mentioned, the one you hear over the opening title, and for instance also at the Argonath... "The History of the Ring theme". :P:)

- Marc, who wants a copy of his own of this film. :(

Actually, that's what I remembered as well. And that motif is also heard in the Leave Taking. I'm quite fond of this theme (the one Marc mentioned); I especially like it in the opening of TTT...

But is it now the History of the Ring theme? Steef?

I just have a quick question here. I recognize the "Anduril Theme" cue from somewhere in FOTR (not on the soundtrack). I think it might be from when Aragorn and Boromir are having that heart-to-heart in Lothlorien. Anyone know for sure?

Yeah, it's the same theme.

It's a seond theme for Gondor I guess.

The first one being more heroic and fanfaric and this one more noble.

It's a simple but VERY effective theme.

Stefancos- compiling his sample LOTR AAC's for King Mark

Thanks for the confirmation, Stef. It really is a great piece, and I'm glad Shore didn't try to compose a larger orchestration.

I was a little apprehensive about the main Gondor Theme in ROTK. I loved it during Boromir's speech in FOTR, even though I didn't know what it was yet. (I guess putting it in with the Shards of Narsill scene on the FOTR:EE scene selection was a hint.) When it got put into the TTT:EE, I wasn't really comfortable with grander version. Now in ROTK, I understand that it really was meant to be even bigger than in the TTT.

Once you see the film I think you get a greater appreciation for the music. While I really loved the music when I first got the CD, hearing it in the film makes me enjoy it even more.

I've come to realize that %95 of my favorite movies feature music I like. Though I don't if I like the music because the movie, or if it's a must for me for a film to have good music.

The funny thing is ask most of the people you know if they ever listen to the music

Of course we go to Star Wars to hear the new music

certainly not for the acting or story

I didn't like the music from FOTR at first. The sound was too 'wet', and I wasn't fond of the orchestrations. And I didn't like the Shire theme thing. But it grew on me. I liked the music better in TTT and ROTK. As I've seen all three films now, I can say that I like the music more now. I put the CDs a lot in my player now. How queer.

Actually, the same occurred with the Harry Potter music. I still think it's a bit overrated, but nonetheless...

I came to appreciate scores like that and they turn out being my faves.

Ren, who had a kid today ask to listen to the "lighting the beacons' music.

I've been listening to this score over the weekend. I love it. The first 5 tracks are amazing non-stop. The Black Gate Opens is awesome. The visuals that go with it are heart-wrenching. As most choral stuff (except DotF and HtoF), The End Of All things took some getting used to, but it's a stellar track as well.

I'm not to fond of Annie Lennox' voice in some parts of the song. The song itself is okay, although I don't like the opening that much. It sounded a bit too poppy the first time I heard it. The Into The West theme however, is awesome, and I love the full blown version at the end of track 15.

Track 10 rocks, and the opening of track 7 is cool as well. :)

- Marc, likes his smileys. :(:);)ROTFLMAO 8O beerchug :joy::P:nod::ola:;)ROTFLMAO

;)

I have to say, the Lennox tune is starting to grow on me. I don't particularly like her voice, but the melody and lyrics are very good.

Maybe mood is the wrong word- but it stuck out, and for a theme that's not that good, that's not a good thin.

It doesn't feel like it comes from the same source as the rest of the score.

I thinks it's a harmless song, but that's the most positive thing I can say about it.

I think the 'May it be' is the only good song of the 3, and it's really good. It really fits with the score. I really don't like Gollum's song. It's a bad Bond song, sung by Bjork, except this one cost less.

I think the 'May it be' is the only good song of the 3, and it's really good. It really fits with the score. I really don't like Gollum's song. It's a bad Bond song, sung by Bjork, except this one cost less.

I clearly don't share your opinion when it comes to songs. :P I think the 'May it Be' song is the only bad song of the 3. Well, it's not really bad, but I'm tired of this Enya stuff on these kind of films. In fact, that was the reason why I didn't like the score when I saw it in the theatre. Now, I like the score, but I still ignore the Enya song. Gollum's song is the best I think. Like it extremely much.

And what do you think is wrong with the You Only Live Twice song?

Greetz!

Lotman

Bond songs are not known for their overall quality. I don't mind YOLT, but really the only one I'd call a good song, or one that I like, is Goldfinger. I also sort of like Tomorrow Never dies. But otherwise- Bond song is not a complement. Look at Maddona's "song".

Madonna's song is not worthy of the title "bond song". It's a disgracefora Bond film. Great songs in classis "bond song" style are "Goldfinger", "Thunderball", "YOLT", "Goldeneye", "Surrender" (the REAL TND song!), etc.

you know, i don't know why i don't post that kind of stuff like MIDI's and stuff I had one done for a bit ago. Oh well, i never think of it.

I'm listening to that compilation you made me.Some of those themes sound better than I remember them at the cinema.Maybe i can borrow FotR at the library to explore this further.

Best themes:Ring Theme,Gollum's Song,Ringwraight theme,Gondor Theme 1,Rivendell,Sauron.

I don't like the Shire,Rohan and Fellowship themes

K.M.