The Matrix Revolutions Countdown...

hitman20

Which movie are you looking forward to seeing?  

30 members have voted

1. 1.

• The Matrix Revolutions
    • Return of the King
    • I'd much rather see Looney Tunes then those movies!
    • I wanna see both!
    • Undecided
    • Other (specify)

The Matrix Revolutions Countdown:

*Only 7 days until one of the best scores (I?ve heard in a while anyway) comes out.

*Only 8 days until one of the most anticipated finales of the year comes out.

*I expect big things from this movie, especially since the movie studio is opting for the Matrix Revolutions to be in the Oscar Nominations (if it gets it) rather than Reloaded.

*I already expect The Matrix series to be the highest grossing ?R? rated trilogy ever. It may even out do some previous trilogies.

*I am looking forward to seeing this movie much more than Return of the King, but will undoubtedly see it anyway.

*My question is: What else does everyone expect (or doesn?t expect) out of this movie?

What about the score? Will this movie be better than Return of the King?

Sounds like a poll to me?.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm............you can't really compare The Matrix trilogy to the Lord of the Rings trilogy...........especially not the final parts to the trilogies!

They are both very different in their settings, and yet are epic on the same scale. I cannot choose between them.

While I know what is going to happen in Return of the King, that just makes the anticipation that must greater for me, as I know just how amazing the movie has to be to cover all the incredible scenes in Tolkien's final book. Seeing this final chapter brought to life in the same grand style that the first two movies were brought to life will be one of the most satisfying movie experiences of my life, if not THE most satisfying.

Then there's Matrix Revolutions................honestly, I was not amazingly excited when The Matrix Reloaded was coming out. I mean, I liked the first movie, thought it was cool and original, but wasn't insanely excited about the sequel coming out. Then I saw the Architect scene where everythign I thought I knew about the films and the plot just got completely turned upside down and all of a sudden, I had no idea WTF was going on, or who to believe. That scene, combined with the brilliance of the Highway Scene, made the trilogy for me. It has excited me to no end for this final film. I have NO IDEA how they could possibly end things now. The fact that this is a new story to me, where the ending is unknown to me, makes this equally as exciting as the release of Return of the King.

Imagine this.........within a month and about a weeka dn a half, we'll have two of the most highly-anticipated and grandest endings of trilogy sagas ever to be released in the history of film. That is absolutely incredible. It may happen just one other time, in 2005, when we get blessed with Star Wars Episode III and Indiana Jones 4 within 2 months of each other (May and July 2005), and we'll have Williams scores to accompany both of those (!!!!!!!) but for right now, this next month or two will be the most amazing time for movies.

Here's to BOTH Return of the King AND Matrix Revolutions!!! In 1 week, I will be in line for a midnight showing!!!!!! And to think, I have a 9:05AM class the next morning.........hmmmmmm............well it is worth it LOL

I'd rather see Timeline with the BT score than any one the poll. Like most films I've seen lately I hope this one won't be filled with pointless and bad CGI, or filled with alot of psuedo religious psychobabble.

Looney Tunes ought to be the biggest film Joe Dante has had in a while, and you can bet the score by JG will sound just like Gremlins, Small Soldiers, etc, etc.

I am not "looking forward to" both LOTR and MATRIX, but while I am not going to see any MATRIX any more, I will go see the closure of the Lord of the Rings. Hey, I spent my money on first two films and scores, so I'll better be there for the RotK! I need to know whether things can get any more boring than in Two Towers. I'm frank about my emotions, sorry to you the fans of it.

As to the soundtrack to Return of the King, I will likely get it, regardless of what I said about it a few days back. Now I know the LOTR thingy is "have it or leave it". And as I don't want to get rid of it thanks to "In Dreams", I'll complete up the collection and then perhaps complain about it short after, but that's me...... 8O

Sure it eats me to go and support the growth of sold tickets of LOTR, but what? One less or more, it can't matter much...

:|

Both of course. I'm going to pick up my ticket for the November 5 worldwide release in a few minutes, but I know LotR is the cinematic event of my youth, so hell yeah, bring it on!

- Marc, who also looks forward to seeing Finding Nemo in theatres.

Hmmmm............you can't really compare The Matrix trilogy to the Lord of the Rings trilogy...........especially not the final parts to the trilogies!

Well he's not comparing is he, he's saying which he'd rather see. I mean god, it's easy to pick which of 2 films you'd like to see no matter how different.

Like most films I've seen lately I hope this one won't be filled with pointless and bad CGI, or filled with alot of psuedo religious psychobabble.

CGI is just as valid as old school methods, mate. And yes psuedo religious psychobabble is annoying, but revolutions actually dealt with other things mostly than religion. Anyway, I certainly want to see LOTR at the cinema, Matrix is not worth it I'll just download.

Morn said:

Well he's not comparing is he, he's saying which he'd rather see. I mean god, it's easy to pick which of 2 films you'd like to see no matter how different.

Thanks for clarifiying! I did mean it like that.

Mr. Breathmask says:

Marc, who also looks forward to seeing Finding Nemo in theatres.

Has the movie not come out over there or something? That sucks, I mean by the time you see it, it'll probably be on DVD over here. If you don't see it by December, I'll have to send you a copy. lol. Ok.

Has the movie not come out over there or something? That sucks, I mean by the time you see it, it'll probably be on DVD over here.

DV-Depot already have my copy of Finding Nemo in stock. Here in Austria, it won't be release theatrically until the 20th of November. I obviously won't bother to watch it there, but instead invite a few friends over to watch the DVD. The only question is if that'll happen before the 20th, which depends mainly on when DV-Depot get the TTT:EE. :D

Marian - impatient.

Marc, who also looks forward to seeing Finding Nemo in theatres.

Has the movie not come out over there or something? That sucks, I mean by the time you see it, it'll probably be on DVD over here. If you don't see it by December, I'll have to send you a copy. lol. Ok.

Finding Nemo premiers in the Netherlands on November 27. An obvious summer flick, less than a month before Christmas. Gits. :D

- Marc, who thinks this is poor timing indeed.

I finally saw The Return of the King trailer last night and it looks pretty spectacular. It'll hopefully make up for what I thought was a fairly lacklustre and uninspired The Two Towers. Certainly I'll be seeing The Matrix Revolutions when it comes out but my hopes are not high. I can't even remember what happened in Reloaded and that was only a couple of months ago! Eh, its all a load of balderdash in any case, right?

I looking forward to getting X-2 more than any of these new films

Whoo-hoo! This looks great too.

CYPHER

Actually there is a good reason for some of us to see Looney Tunes.

It will feature the first trailer for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Well, uh, I have to be frank here.

Matrix: Reloaded was pretty awful. I thought the first movie was OK, but this one was boring, pretentious and disjointed. And the score! I laughed out loud at some points. Not a good thing unless the score is meant to be a parody.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward far more to The Return of the King.

Actually there is a good reason for some of us to see Looney Tunes.  

It will feature the first trailer for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Yes, I'm so excited for that! I hope the movie is better than Scooby Doo, that's what I had to see for the last Potter trailer.

Ray Barnsbury

Why would ANYONE go to see a bad movie just see a trailer for the Harry Potter film??? :)

You people cannot wait a few days to see it online?

This aint the SW Episode I trailer folks. Sheeesh!

!!!!!!!!!!!!POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highlight text

Rumor is that in Revolutions, Smith is the one and Neo isn't

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh I dont know what to think about that, maybe its true and maybe it isn't.

I looking forward to getting X-2 more than any of these new films

Preach the word my brotha!

Put that baby up for an Oscar!

Kid.

When posting a SPOILER WARNING make sure you post the spoilers about six to ten lines blow the ALERT.

Or try changing the color of the text of your spoiler to white, so we would have to highlight it.

Or try NOT posting a spoiler so people can find these things out when the see the film.

Stefancos- who hates it when dumb fanboy geeks give vital plot details away without thinking first.

Kid.

When posting a SPOILER WARNING make sure you post the spoilers about six to ten lines blow the ALERT.

Or try changing the color of the text of your spoiler to white, so we would have to highlight it.

Or try NOT posting a spoiler so people can find these things out when the see the film.

Stefancos- who hates it when dumb fanboy geeks give vital plot details away without thinking first.

Touche'

Thank god stefan got here in time otherwise something terrible could have REALLY happened!

As you can see it is edited and to further accentuate the message it was a rumor and therefore is/isn't a spoiler.

I can see that we're gonna have good times on these boards

Max-who hates it when older maybe not so wise elders declare their authority through verbal abuses

I'm not psyched about either, but I am excited to be seeing Revolutons a full 2 hours before it's official global premiere! (My local theater is showing it at 14:00 local time, instead of at 16:00, which is the global release time)

Stefancos wrote:

Just as long as you do what I tell you to do, boy.  

Stefancos-  

Cripes

Indysolo wrote:

Steef, didn't you use to have a thread here that was an introdcution to "newbies"?  

Neil

CRIPES!

Why would ANYONE go to see a bad movie just see a trailer for the Harry Potter film??? :)

First of all, how is one to know it's a bad movie before one sees it? Secondly, not everyone is identical to one another. I like Harry Potter better than Star Wars. I'd rather see the PoA trailer in the theatre at the first possible time than any SW trailer.

Ray Barnsbury

Rogue_Leader wrote:  

Why would ANYONE go to see a bad movie just see a trailer for the Harry Potter film???  

Ha ha! I wanna see both, but I won't pay extra to see something that I can see on the internet. But, a part of me really wants to see how the new direction of Harry Potter will go with Cuaron at the helm of the film instead of Columbus. I am really hoping for a dark film with a much darker score. So I have my fingers crossed. Oh, and I hope I can see the HP trailer when I go to see Revolutions next week. It'll save me a bit of time and will help shed some light on the issue.

The diffrence is HP3 in all possiblility is going to be good. ;)

Justin -Who'll go see Master and Commander. :P

Well OK I totally agree there. :)

In fact I was even going to make a similar comment myself.

However, that was not the point. The point is we NEVER KNEW SW: Episode I was going to be a P.O.S. before it came out. We all thought it was going to be the FILM OF THE CENTURY and judging by the intitial trailer you'd friggin think it was.

I mean sure if we all knew SW1 was going to be lame we would've never shown up to see it, but we didn't. Thats the thing. :P

-Rogue Leader who will also be seeing Master and Commander. As well as the other two of course.

I'm not excited about Matrix or LOTR. I'll see both, probably a week or so after the opening.

I don't want to say what I'm looking forward to, because this year I've been surprised by movies I thought would be duds ("School of Rock") and disappointed by ones I thought would be surefire hits ("Matrix Reloaded").

Jeff -- hoping there is a real Oscar contender within the next two months

I think 'The Human Stain' deserves a couple of acting nods, for Hopkins and Harris. It also does a good job of making an unbelievable twist seem believable, and even likely.

I will see both as soon as they come out.I dont know how they managed to make Matrix Reloaded boring but they did,but i'll see revolution anyways.

I'll see The Return of King Mark too.

and Loony Tunes,for the Jerry score.I wonder is Williams will shock us all by having composed new music for the H3 trailer...who knows.

K.M.

I wonder is Williams will shock us all by having composed new music for the H3 trailer...who knows.

I hope so. I really would like a dark score, and since the material from the book is promising just that, then that gives me a great score to look forward to.

Oh, I've found a timeline of the Matrix up to Revolutions.

To see it, go to: http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article....spx?news=139574

It does help shed some light on certain parts of the films.

That timeline is incorrect because as the dude in the movie said there were 5 previous Matrix's and 5 previous "The One's".