The Official Michael Giacchino Thread

Pheww, this thread was almost in the bottom of the page!

Hey Erik, do you know how much music will be in the CD? I hope it is not a normal Disney release ;).

At least say to Mike not to leave 'Darkside Beckons' things out of it a la ROJ original version ;)

50 - 55 minutes... I think!!!

-Erik-

:) Definately a Normal Disney release :(

Well at least i hope there are not double cues or darkside Beckons out of it :cry:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pheww, this thread was almost in the bottom of the page!

Oh relax Luke!

I would've bumped it back up again! :angry:

Seriously though we should be seeing an Incredibles Trailer soon. Possibly with music.

Once that score comes out this thread is gonne explode again with post after post of people claiming Michael's brilliance and more doubters denying the legend that is Giacchino. :wave:

If we manage to get this thing locked he'll just start another one. And probably sticky it. I'm just wondering when Rouge will admit that he donesn't care about Williams anymore and wishes this was GiacchinoFan.net.

John- wondering why news networks spend the money to send reporters to Florida beaches to tell us that it's raining and really windy during a hurricane. :mrgreen:

The two ironys of this board. Stefancos started The Official Michael Giacchio Thread and Neil started The Official LOTR Thread.

The wackiness never stops. :mrgreen:

Justin

I feel...strongly...about the policies of Blaise Compaore, President of Burkina Faso. Yeah, real,...um..., strongly. Er.... Where's Burkina Faso?

The worst thing is is that that message was aproved by John Crichton himself. :roll:

I'm just wondering when Rouge will admit that he donesn't care about Williams anymore and wishes this was GiacchinoFan.net.

What? You cannot enjoy more than one composer on here anymore?

Apparently liking one guy's work in addition to Williams is now a sin?

If that was the case then Stefan must obviously wish that was HShore.net.

Morn must obviously wish this was AlexNorth.net.

A great many others would wish this was Goldsmith.net.

Lets not be ridiculous here. I may be heaping praise upon Giacchino in this thread but alot of it has been exaggeration which was all in good humor.

JW was and WILL REMAIN the number 1.

Giacchino would not even be number 2 at this point. That is Goldsmith.

He is probably not number 3 either.

Maybe 4 or 5.

I'm just wondering when Rouge will admit that he donesn't care about Williams anymore and wishes this was GiacchinoFan.net.

Lets not be ridiculous here. I may be heaping praise upon Giacchino in this thread but alot of it has been exaggeration which was all in good humor.

So was my comment. No need to go nuts. :)

Pffft .....

I was the one who destroyed a AT AT with the tow cable.

You just friggin threw a bomb into the hatch of one. Big deal! I could've done that but I was too busy demonstrating my untouchable piloting skills.

Yes that is your true calling Master Skywalker.

Leave the flying stuff to me.

Remember you get to use the force. Without the damn Xwing dominance what the hell do I have? :thumbup:

Meh screw the force. I like the fact I dont need to channel some mystical energy in order to be a great pilot.

Oh yeah and my character has one other claim to fame:

Best Hair of the entiry Trilogy!

Seriously no one can deny that. With the goofy hairdon'ts most of the characters had.

Anyway back on topic:

You know with all this talk about Williams scoring future Harry Potter films maybe after he is done with the series Giacchino should take over.

How about that? He is certainly the most qualified composer to take over from Williams. He has that same adventurous musical style needed.

Discuss that!

I agree with you. I would involve Giacchino in every sequel material Williams does not do. That way he could get with big movies and get famous :(

Hope JP IV is by him if Williams does not do (do you hear that Erik, ask him :thumbup: )

Here's a quick research about top models and their "hair":

santiago.jpg

Hey, he makes a lot of cash with his appearance. Guess the Luke Skywalker hair due isn't a big problem then.

Here's another dude with Lukish hair!

alexis_vision.jpg

Maybe Rogue is more into this:

http://models.com/model_culture/50topmalem...ges/dan_dna.jpg

----------------

Alex Cremers

I would love to see Giacchino try his hand at a series JW started.  

Maybe Giacchino could score the new Superman film?

That would result in a pretty generic, mundane score. Giacchino would try to be a Williams and that's where the score will fail. It would never the the genuine thing. It will always be a surrogate.

Btw, Ottman is the composer for the new Superman movie.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Better than Giacchino. I've heard Williams' take. Ottman has enough respect for Williams for him to pay his respects to Williams, and enough of his own style to create a unique superhero score.

You guys are doing so much harm to Giacchino. So many JWFanners are genuinly sick of the man because  of this thread.

That surely is becasue they cant help reading here?

One does not read something if he does not want to.

Does it also apply for the revolving long thread of Harry poter or the also popular LORT one?

And just one thing, more people here (I think) are sick of Hans Zimmer and nobody speaks about him.

Did it hurt? :shakehead:

At least just stop posting anything in this thread until A-New music comes out B-New info on him comes out or C-His site finally gets updated, we dont need the same retooling of old news over and over again

It's a perverse fun to look in here and see what lame excuse Rogue's using to bump the thread up this time. Before long it'll be "I wonder what Giacchino had for breakfast" or "Maybe someday Giacchino will be my bestest friend!".

Just messing with you, man. ;)

Does it also apply for the revolving long thread of Harry poter or the also popular LORT one?

Well, I don't read those very much either, but the HP at least some progress in it. Things are happening, films books- they are all happening. You are repeatign the same stuff over and over again about Giacchino, when he has nothing in current release, almost no news. At least wait until all your theories regarding his brilliance are proven with The Incredibles. He seems like a great guy, a very good composer. But endlessly speculating on which scores he'd be great for just makes you get more and more sick of him.

And just one thing, more people here (I think) are sick of Hans Zimmer and nobody speaks about him.

Zimmer, like him or not, has already done what people are discussing. You are discussing all these fantasies about Giacchino and his future.

Zimmer was never very popular here, people didn't get sick of him. He's mentioned when needed. Giacchino was, but this thread is making people sick of him. His name now spells a particulaly annoying post.

And no, it doesn't hurt at all. I know the truth. I don't feel the need to expel it from every orifice at every available situation.

I dont know anyone that liked Giacchino and now does not. And he was not very popular either. that i remember of.

Anyway, you got sick of him and then still look in here. Are you a masochist?

PD: Maybe it was better Zimmer didnt have done anything in the first place?