The Official Michael Giacchino Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought the Alias score, it's pretty good stuff. He definately fits the style of music with each episode. The commentary in the booklet by the creator on Giacchino is nifty too.

Which we will regret when he is a great composer and we his great collectors, and Alias is out of Print...

Then you'll be the one paying $128.50

Bought the Alias score, it's pretty good stuff. He definately fits the style of music with each episode. The commentary in the booklet by the creator on Giacchino is nifty too.

Yes, I've been listening to the Alias album ALOT lately. There are some awesome cues in there. I think my only complaint is that he seems to into Horner Trumpet Motif Land with the build-up to the "Ball Buster" finale. It starts at about 1:04 and goes until about 1:22, when the Rambaldi Theme starts to come in, do you hear it?

I was about to say...I haven't checked this thread for a pages now, I bet it'll be people saying "I can't wait for The Incredibles". Looks like I was right. I think we've exhausted the Giacchino discussion people - let's wait for his next score.

Did you know if you scramble around the letters in Giacchino you can get all kinds of good words.

Agchogionic

Cachigion

Gahocinic

What's even more fun is trying to correctly pronounce these. :mrgreen:

Justin

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the forum...

I just saw some potential Giacchino news (and it's Williams new to boot):

Tom Cruise is supposedly dropping M:I-3 for next summer to begin shooting War of the Worlds with Spielberg in November. M:I-3 isn't dead, though. Production is supposed to restart next year, with Alias' J.J. Abrams at the helm. This means that Giacchino could be doing the next Mission Impossible. Cool, huh?

Say does anyone know anything about Giacchino's score to the Incredibles? Any news or clips, does anyone know about what the main theme will sound like or the score itself. I have some clue as to what it might sound like from listening to his other music, but still I am dying to hear what his score to this movie will be like.

Ronald C

Yep, the Q-Man and Rogue-ster. They love Williams for one or two scores maybe, but they adooooooore Chiacchino for every note he writes. They don't fully realize it yet but to them John Williams is no longer king.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Say does anyone know anything about  Giacchino's score to the Incredibles? Any news or clips, does anyone know about what the main theme will sound like or the score itself. I have some clue as to what it might sound like from listening to his other music, but still I am dying to hear what his score to this movie will be like.

Ronald C

There's not a chance in hell that any info about the score will leak until the time of the films release. Giacchino won't even send me a copy of the score to listen to. But from what he has told me about it.... it's going to be a fun and energetic score.

As for his web site... ask Chris Tilton... he's in charge of the updates. I offered to take over the web page a few years back... maybe I'll ask him again.

-Erik-

Yep, the Q-Man and Rogue-ster. They love Williams for one or two scores maybe, but they adooooooore Chiacchino for every note he writes. They don't fully realize it yet but to them John Williams is no longer king.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Blasphemy!!!!!!! :thumbup:

----------------

Alex Cremers

I'll take that as sarcasm.

No one will replace Williams in my book.

I just have to hope Giacchino can fill the voice when John is gone.

You know I would love to see Giacchino attempt a SW score. Not Episode 3 obviously, but something like it.  

Maybe a SW video game score? Like KOTOR 2?

When i said that you said 'HELL NO! He has to get his own ideas..blah, blah...

You know I would love to see Giacchino attempt a SW score. Not Episode 3 obviously, but something like it.  

He's just stretching for more and more excuses to keep bumping this thing up. :P

No I said I would prefer Giacchino to score major films, but I gotta admit I was wrong that time the idea is very intriguing.

What can I say you were correct on this one Master Skywalker.

I guess this is why I fly the Xwing and you command the force. 8O

He's just stretching for more and more excuses to keep bumping this thing up.

What can I say but ......... BINGO! 8O

Nothing gets past you eh John? 8O

I'll put it this way:

This thread is DEAD! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet it's Maker. It's a stiff! Bereft of life it rests in peace! If you didn't keep bumping it up it would be pushing up the dasies! It up the creek! It's curled up it's tootsies! It's shuffled off the mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisible! It's f*$^ing snuffed it! It's metabolic processes have stopped! All statements to the effect of this thread as still a going concern are, from now on, inoperative!

This is an EX-THREAD!

:happybday:

Let's all start using profanity while discussing the political aspects of organized religion! A sure way to close any thread! :happybday:

www.adventrilogy.com

It's not Giacchino but this is the closest to a videogame music thread anyway, Tallarico's MP3's up there are pretty nice, if a little reminiscent of Halo but they're still good.

Star Trek composed by Giacchino? In this case I'd rather he passed!

Would he not write good music for it?

Justin

No I just really would rather Mike not writing music for ST films. The last ST film bombed and Mike should focus on projects with better future prospects.

BTW I just read a preview of that Marcenaries game online and it looks like the game itself will be pretty damn good.

SWON was OK but kind of lacking as a game.

I am glad to see this project will be much more worthy of Michael's efforts.

I am glad to see this project will be much more worthy of Michael's efforts.

Michael wrote the main theme and additional thematic material. Chris Tilton wrote most of the score!!!

-Erik-

Pheww, this thread was almost in the bottom of the page!

Hey Erik, do you know how much music will be in the CD? I hope it is not a normal Disney release :).

At least say to Mike not to leave 'Darkside Beckons' things out of it a la ROJ original version ;)

Pheww, this thread was almost in the bottom of the page!

Hey Erik, do you know how much music will be in the CD? I hope it is not a normal Disney release :).

At least say to Mike not to leave 'Darkside Beckons' things out of it a la ROJ original version ;)

50 - 55 minutes... I think!!!

-Erik-