Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's unexpected. I hope it doesn't go through, I don't think Gilliam would be right for Potter, and he needs to get on making Good Omens, as he's the only person on the face of the earth who could truely do it justice.

From, where else, Mugglenet! This is from the online diary of Jamie Waylett, or Crabbe as he's known to most of us.

Just returned from filming on location in Oxford. As usual it rained, it seems that it always rains when we are on location. I spent nearly the whole week filming just one scene, with Maggie Smith, Brendan Gleeson, Tom, Josh (Herdman, Goyle) and Dan, it was great fun, I really enjoyed it. Brendan Gleeson was great, he is very friendly, funny man who plays the part of Mad-Eye Moody.

As you will know, I'm not allowed to say too much about the filming, but I think that scene could turn out to be one of the funniest scene in all of the movies!

Five bucks this is the "Malfoy the Amazing Squealing Ferret" scene. :thumbup:

Why would a big studio still be interested in Terry Gilliam? Do they really want a movie made by a totally irresponsible filmmaker like him? How many out of control productions has he been involved with, and how many box office successes has he had? Gilliam would be an absolutely horrible choice. Who next, Micahel Cimino?

Neil

I also heard David Fincher has been approached about filming book 7

Joe, wondering if they will figure out this is fake too.

Nah, I think J.K. should finish writing the entire series. And hiring Fincher to write book Se7en doesn't make much sense.

Morlock- who thinks these rumers are getting a bit out of hand

Morlock I posted that at 6:12 pm, don't put that metric time on us please.

From, where else, Mugglenet! This is from the online diary of Jamie Waylett, or Crabbe as he's known to most of us.
Just returned from filming on location in Oxford. As usual it rained, it seems that it always rains when we are on location. I spent nearly the whole week filming just one scene, with Maggie Smith, Brendan Gleeson, Tom, Josh (Herdman, Goyle) and Dan, it was great fun, I really enjoyed it. Brendan Gleeson was great, he is very friendly, funny man who plays the part of Mad-Eye Moody.

As you will know, I'm not allowed to say too much about the filming, but I think that scene could turn out to be one of the funniest scene in all of the movies!

I hope that scene is much, very much, better than that stupid, embarrasing, totaly idiot "Eat Slugs' scene in CoS.

They should cut stupid scenes like this that have nothing to do with the plot.

That seems... pointless. She hasn't even written HBP yet, pre-production hasn't started. Hell, we only got a rumoured director for Phoenix a few days ago!!

she's more than halfway done with it, and since the filming of the Half-Blood Prince will commence around the start of 2007, its not too late to start planning. BTW another rumor at B&N is that we should plan on a June/July release next year of a really big book. Hmmmmmmm, I wonder.

We should expect a big announcement just past Christmas....

I hope that scene is much, very much, better than that stupid, embarrasing, totaly idiot "Eat Slugs' scene in CoS.

I really like the "Eat Slugs" scene. I think it's actually very clever, adding a humourous touch to what would otherwise have been a very serious scene (Hermione's "Mudblood" scene with Hagrid). Somehow the juxtaposition of Hermione's conversation with Hagrid with occasional shots of Ron puking slugs seems to draw attention to the seriousness of the scene. One of those weird moments when conflicting emotions tug on the audience's heartstrings better than a single focussed emotion.

Why would a big studio still be interested in Terry Gilliam? Do they really want a movie made by a totally irresponsible filmmaker like him? How many out of control productions has he been involved with, and how many box office successes has he had? Gilliam would be an absolutely horrible choice. Who next, Micahel Cimino?

:)

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEBACLE AT HEAVENS GATE.

My first choice for director of the HP movies has always been and still is Steven Spielberg.

When he was doing stuff like his last few movies I would have agreed. But now I'm very intrigued by the idea of a Spielberg (and JW scored :) ) War of the Worlds and would rather he be doing that.

John- who doesn't like to quibble over directors, the movies will be good no matter what due to the source material, the now proven cast (as long as they don't change), etc.

Five bucks this is the "Malfoy the Amazing Squealing Ferret" scene. :)

I really like the "Eat Slugs" scene. I think it's actually very clever, adding a humourous touch to what would otherwise have been a very serious scene (Hermione's "Mudblood" scene with Hagrid). Somehow the juxtaposition of Hermione's conversation with Hagrid with occasional shots of Ron puking slugs seems to draw attention to the seriousness of the scene. One of those weird moments when conflicting emotions tug on the audience's heartstrings better than a single focussed emotion.

My toes curled of replacing ashameness trough the ceiling of the cinema thanks to that scene. It was horrible. The tears, Hagrid, everything was too much. They really tried to much.

J.K. Rowling will never approve Steven Spielberg as director of any Harry Potter.

Who says she has director approvement for all the films? She had for the first film, but I don't think she has anything to do with the decisions for cast and crew.

She has director approvment. Chris was fine. Then when he went, she immediately wanted Alfonso. Both were her choices. She doesn't have much to do with the crew, no. But she usually has suggestions for actors/actresses whom she would like to play the different parts.

I really like the "Eat Slugs" scene. I think it's actually very clever, adding a humourous touch to what would otherwise have been a very serious scene (Hermione's "Mudblood" scene with Hagrid). Somehow the juxtaposition of Hermione's conversation with Hagrid with occasional shots of Ron puking slugs seems to draw attention to the seriousness of the scene. One of those weird moments when conflicting emotions tug on the audience's heartstrings  better than a single focussed emotion.

I agree, I love that scene. Grint does it brilliantly, and they succeeded in not making the humour take away the seriousness (acted brilliantly by Watson ROTFLMAO).

Marian - :)

I didn't like the way the mudblood line was handled in CoS. The scene we got was funny. "It's a really foul name." *belch* "It's disgusting." :)

But I thought it was handled so much better in the book. I always felt it made more sense for Hermione not to know what was going on at first. Plus, the emotional part was really overdone.

Incidentally, I always find that is the point in the movie where everything slows down. The pacing is brilliant up until the "Eat Slugs, Malfoy!" scene.

And about Spielberg; my fear when Spielie would do a film in a major franchise like Potter, it would stop being a Potter film and would become a Steven Spielberg film (I've said this of Star Wars too). Besides, Spielberg doesn't need a film like Potter on his resume. He has plenty of other projects that are interesting enough for him.

Just my two cents.

- Marc

I think at this point Spielberg would have to stay within the parameters set for a Harry Potter film. Thankfully we wouldn't get haley joel osment. He ain't british and he aint eligible for any role.

Spielberg? I dunno... I'd like the perception of filmmaking by the general public to not still be that Spielberg is the only director for popular, guaranteed-blockbusters. However I'd also like SOME sort of contunuity with the movies, so I'd rather one person receive the job and do the rest of the movies.

I wouldn't be upset if Haley Joel Osment was cast in a role, because he can act circles around Dan.

You have lost all right to critisize anything in the Harry Potter movies.

I was going to write "Yippee!" but it's just too obvious.

Regarding Radcliffe, he was outstanding in PoA so I'm fine with him. I very much want him and the other cast members (the trio especially) to stay on for the entire series.

Ray Barnsbury

I have a better idea, let's cast Jake Lloyd as Harry!

*shudder*

Having his presence in one of my favorite movie series is quite enough, thank you. :mrgreen:

John- who agrees Radcliffe is a good Harry and looks forward to seeing him in future films.

Dan Radcliffe is Harry Potter, he has been fine in all three films.

these two dissenters have shown a history of disliking Dan.

Noone could imagine Harry Potter without Dan, or Emma, or Rupert.

Joe, who was in ectasy from watching college football all day long. Man it was awesome. its texass week. Go Hogs.

Yeah, I'm kind of getting tired of hearing my own voice, I'm sounding like a broken record with all this Dan-hating. I'm fine with him as Harry. I can't change that. But I can still be amused at the movies (for all the wrong reasons). :mrgreen:

I have a better idea, let's cast Jake Lloyd as Harry!

*shudder*

Having his presence in one of my favorite movie series is quite enough, thank you. :mrgreen:

Better hope he's not cast as Ender, then. Damn I can't wait for that to come out... there are hardly any fresh films on the horizon that have potential.

Although I was unimpressed with Radcliffe in the first two movies, he was really great in the third one. I credit a lot of that to Cuaron's approach. I find it jarring to watch the first two films now, the third one is so much better (in many ways, but the kids' performances is especialy notable).

Better hope he's not cast as Ender, then. Damn I can't wait for that to come out... there are hardly any fresh films on the horizon that have potential.

Does Jake Lloyd even act anymore? I haven't heard of him since TPM.

I know this is completely off subject, but at the beginnng of Quidditch, Third Year, the little harpsicord motif is Sirius's theme!!! I don't know if anyone has mentioned this... But it is. Just listen to it and listen to any other versions of Sirius's theme you can find. It's the same notes, just a little more of it!! Check it out!

I wouldn't be upset if Haley Joel Osment was cast in a role, because he can act circles around Dan.

You have lost all right to critisize anything in the Harry Potter movies.

I didn't know you give and take rights. Who died and made you king?