Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

I really hope this movie isn't PG. And yes, Apple's trailer was way too small, barely fitting Madame Maxime, lol.

At first, I thought the montage was cheesy, but I'm warming up to it a bit....

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 4th book of harry potter and the goblet of fire is more darker and more horror feeling then the prievous first 3 harry potter books/movies. This time we will see voldemort again, but with his new body and because of his new body he is more powerful then he was b4. I think Apple has made a mistake putting PG on their teaser trailer site for this goblet of fire movie, because according to the official goblet of fire website, it says it not yet rated.

http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/gobletof...fire/index.html

And of the course it not yet rated because it too early to rate the movie. Unless Apple put PG there as they assumed it will be PG whatever their reason is.

the movie hasn't been rated, but it may well be just be PG, and so what, alot of movies that are PG have violence and killing.

btw, alot of the extra GOF stuff they showed during the COS broadcast was very good too.

Hmmm.

I have mixed feelings.

The montage is just silly; it is very out of place and has nothing to do with the rest of the trailer; it's just there to take up time. As for what follows . . .

Wow, Dumbledore is getting rather excited about this tourney, isn't he? Bellowing through the Great Hall like a mad man. But I like it. :) Madme Maxime looks okay, I pictured her bigger, like more rotund, but she's not bad. That angled shot of Harry and Ron had better just be trailer-added, I don't like it at all. The dargon still looks slpendid, the lake scene looks really cool; I like the mermaid, though she's a bit too . . . CG; hopefully she's not done yet; and the maze should be fantastic, although that speed ramp better not be in the movie. I doubt it will be, the one in the POA teaser wasn't.

The end is the best part. Dumbledore's line gives me chills, it should be a brilliant moment. (But he seems to be adressing just Harry; in the book, it was in his end-of-the-year speech; either way, it'll be wonderful.)

Overall, I'm quite pleased with what I've seen. The beginning music was an awful choice; it was from "Finale," and it's obviously climactic and emotional, which the stupid compilation there is not. The rest of the trailer is good. I like the pacing. If the movie is rated PG, though . . . ROTFLMAO

It hasn't gotten me quite as excited as the Double Trouble POA teaser did, but Dumbledore's line at the end leaves me with no doubt that this movie will be spectacular.

~Sturgis

I'm a little surprised at all the very postive reactions. I thought it was a bit of a letdown - it was certainly nothing compared to the brilliant PoA teaser featuring "Double Trouble." The opening montage is all right, but PoA's "Finale" is a terrible choice for it....the feeling should be sentimental (ie, the original family theme), not tragic. The new footage looks really great, though I agree that the MTV-style editing and MV-inspired drums and synth-brass are out of place. Trying to attract the angry teen crowd, I suppose. I do love the closing line played to a black screen; it's always been one of my favorite Dumbledore-isms, (presumably) full of foreshadowing. Overall I give the trailer a B-. Hopefully the subsequent trailers and finished film itself will not have abandoned the Potter spirit.

Ray Barnsbury

Leaky cauldron has links to the high-res versions.

interesting...how come apple didnt put this high-res versions on their site instead of the low-res version?

from the Leaky cauldron links to the high-res versions links are from apple and they are downloadable.

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/

Well in that case I won't be seeing it. Have they forgotten that people are murdered and tortured in this movie?

Have you forgotten that it is a kids movie?

this isn't a kid's movie, a teen movie perhaps, but not a kids movie.

the main reason Mike Newell wanted to do this was because of the cemetary sequence.

http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise/ex...of_narnia_movie Over on the left hand, middle, side of the page are 2 links to the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe movie trailer... This one is MUCH longer than the one that was on during CoS tonight. ... Looks promising.

What do you think of Emma Watson dress in the teaser trailer? She grow alot taller then the previous movies. She looks like a grown up adult and Rupert Grint hair is longer than it was b4.

Harry looks more normal than Ron, who is just awful-looking.

Narnia looks very cool, as well. I read TLWW a long time ago, so I don't remember much about it, but the movie looks very good.

~Sturgis

Well in that case I won't be seeing it. Have they forgotten that people are murdered and tortured in this movie?

It's that exact mentality that has held the Harry Potter films back from greatness. I'm surprised we're debating this given the final installment of a certain saga that comes out in two weeks.

Poster's okay, so far the only one I've loved is the one for Philospher's Stone. CoS was ugly (why Dobby?), PoA was just a wanted sign, and this one, while a nice picture of Harry, could have been better. I was imagining the Goblet spitting out Harry's name. And the catch-cry is silly too - incorrect punctuation stood out like a sore thumb, no matter how the line is interpreted (i.e. as a quote or just a statement). I'm downloading the trailer right now, hopefully it's good!

Indeed, I'm very excited for the upcoming theatrical trailer.

me too, I'm very excited for the upcoming theatrical trailer as well. When does it come out?

I agree about the punctuation; it's just irritating. Call it being nitpicky or whatever, but a movie poster for a major film release from a major studio really shouldn't have grammar mistakes.

Ray Barnsbury

I'm loving the picture of Dumbledore in your sig, Sturgis. I hope he gets some more great screen time in GoF, complete with hilarious behaviour. He was marvelous in PoA.

..still downloading trailer...

Is there somewhere you can download the trailer in a regular way(that torrent link does not work for me),and since I can't use streaming video on dial up,the Apple link wont work either.

KM.

Get broadband internet connection. dial up internet are useless and they are slow.

I will have to "guess" the trailer from those scattered footage they showed on ABC,for now...At least THAT downloaded properly.

K.M.

Go to www.thesnitch.net km. They have it in Quicktime format as a download. :spiny:

I like the montage after a few viewings, but it makes it seem like the last movie. The music doesn't really fit with the shots, but it's so good it doesn't really matter. Not sure about the second piece of music though... Overall impressions are positive - but I'll reserve any further judgement for the next trailer.

Love that teaser. I'm still not very enthusiastic about the look of Ron and Harry in this one, but I love the atmosphere and the look of the footage itself.

Good first half (excellent use of the Bridge to the Past theme). The second half is...well...meh. A completely random montage of stuff sloppily put together with Hedwig's theme slapped on to remind us that it's Harry Potter.

Wonder what that music came from the second half in the teaser trailer after a bit of soundtrack "finale" was heard from Prisoner of Azkaban at the start.

The dargon still looks slpendid

Strurgis, were you drunk when you posted? :sigh:

I really like Gambon's Dumbledore, he's so energetic, and captures his sense of humor. I think Harris was good for the serious stuff, but Gambon can be so...lively. I, too, was a bit creeped out by Dumbledore shouting in the Great Hall (see Sturgis' sig)

~Tyler, who's got Potter Fever again.

Thank you Magical me for that link

Well,it didn't look as epic as it should.The PoA trailers made the 3rd film look more grandiose.The lack of Williams music in the middle does not bode well for this film.

K.M.

Jeez KM, its just a teaser, its not like George Lucas giving all his money shots in his last ROTS trailer.

It's that exact mentality that has held the Harry Potter films back from greatness

How so?

I can't even think of anything in Goblet of Fire that warrants a PG-13 rating. The only way they'd get one would be to make the film more graphic than the book (woo-hoo, gratuitous violence).

I can't viwe it... whenever I go to the goblet of fire website... it just gives me a 404 error...

Anyone got the direct mov link?

I haven't been keeping up. Any word on the what the running length of the film will be and what major scenes will be cut??

Also, Harry gets badly injured in the third task, IIRC.

Harry only hurts his leg to the point that he can't really walk on it. Then Wormtail takes some blood from him during the graveyard scene.

Any word on the what the running length of the film will be and what major scenes will be cut??

The film is all but confirmed at around 2 and 1/2 hours. As for major cuts, the only ones I recall are: the Dursleys are totally out, and no SPEW. Though there will be many more, any other ones I'm not thinking of?

Harry only hurts his leg to the point that he can't really walk on it. Then Wormtail takes some blood from him during the graveyard scene.

Right. Pretty much the same as the Basilisk fang in Chamber.

Wormtail cuts off his own hand, there is the demonstration of the unforgivable curses, the giant spider attack, the dragons, the death eaters attack, all might well cause it to get a PG-13, we'll see.

Right. Pretty much the same as the Basilisk fang in Chamber.

Yes,as I was about to reply.

K.M.

so you're not likely to see Wormtail cut off his own hand I'd take it.

Even if that is shown (in the book, Harry looks away), it's little different than Luke's be-handing in Empire.

Even if that is shown (in the book, Harry looks away), it's little different than Luke's be-handing in Empire.

Depends on how much blood is involved, really. And if the Cructacious (sp?, don't have the book in front of me) Curse is done properly it should be pretty frightening looking.

The rebirth ceremony in the graveyard sequence could be pretty gory. Also, Harry gets badly injured in the third task, IIRC.

Yes. The Cruciatus Curse is the equivalent of electro-shock or similar. I hope its physical effects in the film are properly realized.

Depends on how much blood is involved, really. And if the Cructacious (sp?, don't have the book in front of me) Curse is done properly it should be pretty frightening looking.

It's different because lightsabers cauterize wounds, whereas edge weapons do not, hence the blood.

I envision Wormtail's de-handing handled as either a shadow, or just showing Harry's horrified face as he looks away just in time, like in the book.

Ray Barnsbury

Yeah, me too.

But I don't expect much blood. I remember being slightly disappointed with the finale of CoS, because of the lack of gore. The book is much bloodier (although I understand that they can't use much gore for the kids' sake).

Well they were able to make PoA more violent than it was in the book - at least with the werewolf. Hell, the transformation of Lupin was disturbing enough for PG-13 IMO. I hope Newell doesn't hold back on the violence - not because I want to see violence, explosions and gore, but so the films can get out of the rut of "kids movie". Which it won't, so I don't know why anyone would bother.