LOTR: FOTR soundtrack movie poster cover

Luke Skywalker

I got the ugly hobbits cover since when i bought it, it was the only one available (it was half a year later when i first saw the movie poster)

I have been looking for it in the net for two years, and everybody seems to have THAT one too. I just gave up, annoyed.

Does anyone have it? Can anyone pass me a scan of it so i can get rid of that cover, and be happy with continuity with the other covers? (dont scan the Enya sticker, i already got one ;) )

My e-mail is hal_horn@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Luke, who hopes it is not illegal and unplaced to ask this here :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never saw that cover. I like it a lot better than the one I do have (the same as Kendal's). In fact, I think it looks better than the TTT or ROTK poster art.

John- who thinks that FOTR is easily the best of the three LOTR scores. :)

Yes, that poster cover appeared here as well, but only after the discs with the limited collector's cards went out of print. Sometimes I wish I'd waited just to get that cover, because it looks much, much better, and it fits better with the other two albums.

- Marc, who has the Frodo card.

I think now that it may appeared after the oscars?

I see also that they corrected the titles, it says 2 new songs by enya. Before, one would think that shore composed, orchestrated and conducted ;) the music in the songs. (which is shame, much like Jedi rocks not being Williams :) )

I originally had the Hobbit cover (the one with Merry, Pippin and Frodo on Weathertop) when I first got FotR (my second soundtrack ever, after Potter). Then for Christmas last year I got the 3-CD box set and I have the cover that Drax posted. I'm still annoyed, however at the lack of inconsistency with the CD covers and the CDs themselves. TTT AND RotK have the same style CDs; brown with TTT having a map of Rohan while RotK having the White Tree. But the Fellowship CD is completely different to the lot of them.

Hi guys. I posted a question in the General Discussion forum yesterday but now I can't find it so I'm posting the same question here. Does anyone know the release date for the Return of the King Platinum DVD set yet? I'm sure that I preordered the previous extended chapters around september in 2002 and 2003. Amazon still has no mention of it however. Anyone know?

The thread you posted has been merged with the LotR thread on the other topics board. As said, most rumored titles are December 7 and December 14. There has been no official announcement from New Line Cinema on a specific release date.

However, if we're lucky - and this is just congestion - we'll get it a week earlier, so New Line has this thing out before the Ultimate Matrix Collection, which has been officially set for December 7.

- Marc

I remember there being talk of a spring 2005 release, but I can't be sure. It's been a while since the last reports. We won't get it together with the RotK EE, though. I think they'll be out somewhere next year.

- Marc

Sweet. Thanks guys. So what is this Ultimate Matrix set??? I must confess I didn't think much of the third Matrix, but the first two were pretty cool. Yes, I am one of the 9 people who really liked the second one! I still think the story in the first Matrix is told much more convincingly and artistically in the film Dark City. Now THERE'S a good movie!

Yes, I am one of the 9 people who really liked the second one!

So who are the other seven? :mrgreen: I was very disappointed by the third one...the first 30 minutes or so are great, but then it goes downhill. I really could have done without that endless battle. I have the first two DVDs, but I won't get the third one until it's really cheap.

I still think the story in the first Matrix is told much more convincingly and artistically in the film Dark City. Now THERE'S a good movie!

DC is great, and it has a lot in common with Matrix, but to call it the same story is more than just a big stretch, IMHO.

Marian - who hasn't watched DC in ages.

I am one of those last 7. So who are the last 6?

-Chris, who thinks the Neo/Architext dialogue in Reloaded is one of the most enjoyable "talking" scenes in movie history, regarding its length.

Regarding the Ulitmate Matrix set, it will feature all 3 films (with or without extended scenes I can't remember) with one commentary track by 2 philosophers, and one by 2 film critics who think the films are trash (should be very intersting, that one :mrgreen: ); the Animatrix DVD, one bonus disc for each of those 4 (with new behind the scenes content), and some more dvds with I can't remember what.

A ten-disc set.

Regarding the Ulitmate Matrix set, it will feature all 3 films (with or without extended scenes I can't remember)

Reloaded will have the additional scenes from the video game on the disc, but not inserted into the movie.

Marian - who'd like to see those, but won't buy the whole set just for that. ;)

:mrgreen: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

As said The Ultimate Matrix Collection will include all three films. The first film will feature a new transfer.

Also included is the 40 or so minutes of extra footage that was shot for Enter the Matrix. The footage is not integrated in the second film, but will be accessible seperately on the Reloaded bonus disc.

Each film will have two commentary tracks: one by two philosophers talking about the philosophical aspects and meanings behind the films, and one of a bunch of critics who hated all three films, and basically spend six hours ripping these things apart (this could be hilarious).

The previously released The Matrix Revisited is also included, along with all new documentaries for the two sequels: the uninspiredly named The Matrix Reloaded Revisited and The Matrix Revolutions Revisited.

Then there is The Animatrix (same disc that's already out there), and the rest is bonus features: disc 8 (The Roots of the Matrix) deals with the philosophy and science touched upon in the films. Disc 9 (The Burly Man Chronicles) deals with all the people who shaped the Matrix phenomenon (so it'll also include some more blatant advertising for the video games). Disc 10 (The Zion Archives) is entirely devoted to artwork, storyboards, trailers, tv spots and the likes.

12927_1.jpg

Also, you can watch a - rather dumb - trailer right here.

And incidentally, for anyone who was wondering, 24: Day 3 also hits the US streets on December 7.

- Marc

I made some Lord of the rings CD covers recently, just because i had nothing better to do :mrgreen: (these are german versions)

teil1.jpg

teil2.jpg

teil3.jpg

What do you think of them? If you want to have english versions, just tell me to do them! ;)