Red Sox - a WIN for the ages!!!!!

diskobolus

Yankees = The Empire

Complete with revised opening title crawl, even using Asteroid Field during clips! Can't say it's any more of an abuse than the DVD's.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I speak I speak for all New Yorkers when I say....

The Red Who?

- should be a great series though!!! I wish I was there!!

who won the last 7 ALCS against the sox?? hmmm

GO YANKS!!

Well I thought it was pretty well done, but I didn't catch all of it (I usually don't watch pre-games). The music that I heard was all Williams, they selected the concert piece of The Forest Battle for the end. A nice choice, I love the ending of that.

John- who agrees with the portrayal of the Yankees as the evil Empire. :mrgreen:

I agree completly with this. I don't care who does it but somebody needs to bring down the evil empire that is, the New York Yankees.

Justin - Who says the same of the Florida Marlins and Atlanta Braves.

It's pretty unfair to call the Marlins an empire after only winning the Series last year. They did win in '97 too, but that was a totally different team that was sold off the next year.

And as for the Braves, well, they are my favorite team so I can tell you: making it to October every year and then blowing it is in a lot of ways worse than not making it at all.

John- proud to call the Red Sox his second favorite team

What?!?!? Only **TWO** Yankees fans here?!!?

I say "KICK THE SOX'S ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Go Yankees....

John - Proud to call the New York Yankees his favorite team.

As for the Williams music during the pre-game, I chuckled. It was a nice touch!!

Speaking of parodies, anybody notice the abuses of Vader's Theme and the main Title on the Howard Stern show? BA-BA-BA-ba-bOOIE-BA-BOOIE! LOL How wasteful!

They also massacred the Supeman theme while remembering Reeve. What the hell did they edit into it?!?!

-Chris, Who has a love/hate relationship with that show....

Well, that was a fun 7th inning.

Neil - not rooting for the Yankees

It was an even better 9th!

If you weren't a Sox fan! :mrgreen:

Neil, you're in Jersey and not rooting for the Yankees? How dare you!

:baaa:

Well, that was a fun 7th inning.

Neil - not rooting for the Yankees

It was an even better 9th!

If you weren't a Sox fan! :mrgreen:

Neil, you're in Jersey and not rooting for the Yankees? How dare you!

:baaa:

It's too easy to be a Yankees fan.

And I'm in south Jersey. It's a completely different world down here.

Neil

Fun fact of the day: before last night the Yankees had lost Game 1 in four straight postseason series, and went on to win three of them. Maybe winning last night was not a good sign for Yankee nation. :mrgreen:

Boston exposed the Yankess big weakness last night: middle relief and bullpen depth. They were just too far behind to take advantage of it. Couple that with the fact that Mussina is the only NY starter doing anything, and Boston has beaten Rivera twice this year...

I know, I'm looking for silver linings. But I'm also right. :baaa:

Just about every newspaper is making some use of "Star Wars" for their headlines.

Our competing paper here said "The Empire Strikes First"

Ha ha.

Jeff -- who roots for underdogs but isn't Boston's biggest fan right now

Actually the yankees have strong mid relief and closing is the best in the game - it was Moose that let up the 6 runs - and starting pitching which is the problem that plagues the yankees. Some game though - should be a great rest of the series - both teams are just sooo goood - the best rivalry in sports. and acutally yankees are the dog for this series according to the paper. PS I was born/raised in NY and have always had three teams I root for:

NYY, NYR, NYG - i dont watch basketball much anymore - but was at the giants game when the beat the vikings 42-0 to go to the superbowl.

GO SOX

YANKEES SUCK!

:)

I thought that the Star Wars parody at the beginning of Tuesday's game was HILARIOUS and wishes somebody would post it online.

I also noticed that on Wednesday's game, they used Hook rip-off music in the beginning. I wonder what John Williams music will be used for tonight's game if it isn't rained out?

I'm a Texan so you'd think I'd be rooting for Houston, but I really don't care either way, I like them both. St. Louis was a favorite of mine in the late 90's because Mark McGwire is my all-time favorite player. And I don't have a grudge against the Astros for knocking out Atlanta, I'm used to October Disappointment by now.

As long as either of them beat the Yankess if they make it to the World Series, I'm cool. :)

The Yankees aren't an evil empire. Just because they are tyrannical doesn't mean they are evil. :roll:

P.S. Yankees are the best Mother******* team of all time.

The yanks are so succesful because of they are a great package.

Brian Cashman the GM is the best in sports and Joe Torre is the best manager in sports.

Peeps like Jeter and Rivera and Posada came up through the farm system - add people like Bernie and you get a good deal of people who have been on the team for ten years or more. That is pretty rare in modern sports. Plus how can you blame them for spending money? When you win you get more fans and more money. And they have been winning alot! And Yankee Stadium is one of the most famous stadiums in the world. Its the complete package.

St Louis Looks good though! Should be a good world series between them. But there is only one Jeter.......one Jeter to rule them all......

And if you have any doubt who I root for look to your left.

Yankee Baseball - unbeatable!!!! There is only one Jeter.......but if he messes up their is also matsui, williams, Arod, and shef.

I always thought this was kinda funny. Alex Rodriguez is the highest paid player in professional sports..... but on a good year it Mike Post will make more money then him.

That sucks about Canada's teams....what will you guys do with no hockey this year eh?

The Sox in their Death throws. It's a pretty desparate lead, they really forced game 5. They certainly could turn this around, but I have a feeling that they won't do as well game 5. But time will tell.

the Red Socks avoid the sweep, but as destiny demands they will lose.

it is inevitable. there is no Luke Skywalker in Bean town able to defeat the what they perceive as the evil empire.

Joe, who is looking forward to the Cardinal/Yankee World Series.

Well, at least the series won't be a total embrassment. Nice pics, disk. Bet it was great to be there, if a bit cold.

John- who sat in the same area that disk did at his one game attended at Fenway.

Who are you guys favoring in the NL series?

I was born in St. Louis. ;)

Justin

Born and raised in STL myself. Glad to have someone else here from God's country.

Go CARDS!!!!!!

What is so hard for you all to understand. New York is the best state, New York City is the best city and the New York Yankees are the best team. Everything New York is great except the Knicks, don't even get me started :roll: . The Mets are OK, if it were them against the Yankees like it was a couple years ago i would root for the Yankees but if it were the Mets against some other team i would root for them.

Who are you guys favoring in the NL series?

I was born in St. Louis. ;)

Justin

Born and raised in STL myself. Glad to have someone else here from God's country.

Go CARDS!!!!!!

St. Louis is the best baseball town in America. No question. :sigh:

What is so hard for you all to understand. New York is the best state, New York City is the best city and the New York Yankees are the best team. Everything New York is great except the Knicks, don't even get me started  :roll: . The Mets are OK, if it were them against the Yankees like it was a couple years ago i would root for the Yankees but if it were the Mets against some other team i would root for them.

yes - NYC don't have any equals.

hmmm.....Cooperstown and Yankee Stadium (the most famous stadium in the US) ....both in Ny

Of the three New York teams playing right now

yankees...up 3-1 in ALCS

Jets 5-0

Giants 4-1

represent - my fellow Long islander

It dont matter who wins this one - this is the greatest game I have ever seen in baseball.

It's nice that Boston won "the greatest game". That just makes it even better.

Neil

just for sport - i posted that before they won.

But wow - good stuff the yankees choked - and the bo sox cant do anything unless ortiz does it.

The baseball has been pretty exciting but I am just SOOOOOOOOOOO sick of Fox's terrible coverage of this play offs. The games are going on to be 4-5 hours each! How the hell can this be?? Fox is showing 4 - 30 second spots after every half inning or pitching change or injury and then after the commercials there is one to two fox spots for really bad reality television shows. Tim McCarver has to be the worst announcer ever - he REALLY says some stupid stuff - the Jean they have over at the sports desk messes up more then Bush while speaking (and that is hard to do). And then the records! They have records for everything

"this is only the second time ever a batter has got hit by a pitch after fouling off a 1-1 pitch in the same inning that the manager scratched himself and the third basemen caught a ground ball that was probably foul."

you get the idea.....

but still Yankees go back to the bronx - with the chance to win it! Should be a good one - i hope it takes less then four hours cuz I cannot get any work done with this nonsense on tv.

Ortiz's single wouldn't have done much if there was no one on base. Or how about the 12 of 14 innings in which Boston pitchers held the Yankees scoreless.

Cards lose a heart breaker tonight. Although that is not the first time Kent has beat us in the 9th with a HR.

I'm sick to my stomach I'm so upset.

Ortiz's single wouldn't have done much if there was no one on base. Or how about the 12 of 14 innings in which Boston pitchers held the Yankees scoreless.

What? Or how about the 11 of 14 where Yankee pitchers held the Sox scoreless. Neither team was better. It came down to individual players. Ortiz was amazing, as was Jeter. The game was almost lost in the 13th due to the passed balls.

One of the best games I've seen in a very long time. Neither team can take much pride or shame in their score. Both defenses were superb.

I have a feeling this series will be decided tonight (though it would be a great series if the Sox actually win this thing, I doubt they're gonna be able to hold the Yanks off for 4 games in a row, they were hard pressed for a win these past two games).

What? Or how about the 11 of 14 where Yankee pitchers held the Sox scoreless. Neither team was better. It came down to individual players. Ortiz was amazing, as was Jeter. The game was almost lost in the 13th due to the passed balls.

One of the best games I've seen in a very long time. Neither team can take much pride or shame in their score. Both defenses were superb.

I was responding to hoby12's contention that Ortiz is solely responsible for both victories.