WotW Site launches

QMM

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you can set Quicktime to save movies in your disk cache...so once it's played, check "Temporary Internet Files," it's usually there (although the RotS trailer didn't show up there for me).

I've already done that, but with Windows XP, for some reason there are no files at all in my Temporary Internet Files. ;)

Um...that can't be right. I have Windows XP, and the TIF show up fine. Go to "Folder Options," and make sure you uncheck any file-hiding options.

Have you actually seen the 1977 version?

Have you?Is this just some random whining for the sake of tampering with the original version or do you have a legitimate reason to prefer that one.

All I remember of it is that Roy building the mountain in his living room was way too long a scene.

K.M.

There was once a fan website about CE3K. There I've read about the many different versions, and I can tell you, chances are very slim that this was the original version. I think they already altered the editing during its first release. It's very difficult, even for biggest CE3K fans, to establish what precisely was original or not. One thing is for sure: the original 1977 Theatrical Release has never been broadcasted.

----------------

Alex Cremers

There was once a fan website about CE3K. There I've read about the many different versions, and I can tell you, chances are very slim that this was the original version. I think they already altered the editing during its first release. It's very difficult, even for biggest CE3K fans, to establish what precisely was original or not. One thing is for sure: the original 1977 Theatrical Release has never been broadcasted.

I must admit I did not watch the entire broadcast, but I know for certain it featured the scene with Roy at the power plant. This scene appears ONLY in the theatrical cut.

How can one see the 1977 version of Close Encounters? You had to be there ... in the theater!

The CLV Criterion LD featured the closest release ever of the 1977 cut. A handful of shots from the SE were left in at Spielberg's request.

For more CE3K info, read this.

Neil

The CE3K link cleared up some things I was curious about, such as the pillow mention, it bites that was cut.

I didnt realize it had been had savaged in that way, why not just include all that stuff on the DVD, the big feature of DVD is including deleted scenes etc, would it have been that difficult to include the cut scenes from the theatrical version or the laserdisc or whatever?

A couple of the cuts, I could understand, but jeez...ridiculous.

I dont think WOTW is going to be happy go lucky aliens coming to say hello. (I hope not) I also hope they will show up later rather than sooner...looking at the trailer, seems therell be the nasty process of discovering the aliens are in our backyard, making for some suspense.

Greta - who feels like a first grader having to go without apostrophes :)

Wow, talk about bad taste! It looks like a bad Mel Brooks poster. Really, this second poster is hideous! Please, I take back what I said about the first one. Bring it back!

That's right, John, Life of Brian! Wrong feeling for Spielberg's movie.

----------------

Alex Cremers