Batman Begins soundtrack cover

QMM

FullCDPic2.jpg

Street Date: 6/14/05

Theatrical Release: 6/17/04

Synopsis: Score by Award Winning Composers James Newton Howard (The Village, The Fugitive) and Hans Zimmer (Gladiator, The Lion King).

UPC: 012569713246

Cat#: 71324

Product Type: Sell Through

MAP: None

MSRP: $18.97

Format: Compact Disc

Media Quantity: 1

Sound Track Language: English

Product Digital: Yes

Max

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Summer's most anticipated theatrical release, what a joke.

I can see the reviews, half of this score is fantastic, half of it is noise that made my ears bleed.

I can see the reviews, half of this score is fantastic, half of it is noise that made my ears bleed.

I wonder if the album tracks will be split like Last of the Mohicans.

As I understand it, most of the score was written by both composers, it's not half and half. They sat down together and created the cues. So it'll be hard to blame only Hans for this one if it doesn't work.

I'm a little scared that Zimmer is listed first on that ad, but the cover is cool. Aren't the composers' names on the front, though?

~Sturgis

I'm a little scared that Zimmer is listed first on that ad, but the cover is cool.

Why scared? he is just the more well known of the two (to the wide public), mainly because of Lion King.

Aren't the composers' names on the front, though?

It seems likely to me that this isn't the final art, as the CD itself isn't shown with it's art yet.

I wonder if the album tracks will be split like Last of the Mohicans.

As I understand it, most of the score was written by both composers, it's not half and half. They sat down together and created the cues. So it'll be hard to blame only Hans for this one if it doesn't work.

I heard that JNH did the first half of the movie, and Zimmer messed up the last half.

I hadn't heard that. I'd heard that they were working on it together, but Zimmer was busy, so he had one of his proteges fill in for a little while. Can anyone set the story straight?

According to the Jan/Feb issue of FSM the two of them have been wanting to collaborate for many years and are pleased to be finally doing so. This will be a very interesting mind-meld of two A-List composers!

One of his MV proteges, Ramin Djawadi, came in to not fill in, but help Zimmer with his stuff because he has several projects going. He was called up to London during sessions to help out.

(We had a few, eh, thoughts, on that at the forum. If he's just assisting Zimmer, well whatever, hey, what else would you expect.. LOL)

In the Jan FSM, JNH said a couple of things about working with Nolan and how they were approaching the collaboration:

Quotes-

"Chris [Nolan] is interested in an unconventional score..."

"...my idea (and what we've talked about the most) is the idea of co-devising certain building blocks of the score which we will then both be able to use independently..."

"...if I have a certain rhythmic or tonal bed I've written and we sort of exchange them then we're both working with the same elements but perhaps embellishing them differently..."

They have wanted to collaborate for years and are good friends, as their studios are very near each other, and have some common interests in the electronic arena (started like 10 yrs ago with them exchanging samples etc)

They were going to do Secret Window together, in fact it seemed it was going to be confirmed at one point, but it ended up not fitting into their schedules and they decided to get together for something in the future.

It's probably Zimmer (surprise, surprise) that was offered Batman Begins and he invited James Newton Howard onto the project.

Anyway, I'm really glad there will be a separate score album. I thought maybe so since that has happened for several other movies lately.

I'm looking forward to it, very interested to see what they turn out...

Greta

I wouldn't say Batman Begins is the most anticipated soundtrack of the summer. More like ROTS or else, War of the Worlds. And not just because I'm an avid John Williams fan.

Then there's always King Kong by Shore.....

I'm going to have to see BB first before I buy the score. With Williams, I just buy everything he does. I may have done that with BB had Newton Howard been the only composer working on it but I'm not crazy about Zimmer, especially if he's been tapped to provide the bombast part of the score.....ethereal synth pads are his forte.

What's with the Trek invasion lately? Are you trying to deal with the end of the franchise or something? Or are you just nerds?

- Marc, who thinks he knows the answer.

I can´t wait for this film (I think it´s gonna be great, look at that cast!) and for the soundtrack. I do like Zimmer so I think it could be really nice (dark tones, hot action...)

And another Full trailer has been released at MTV.com

Better trailer with Liam Neeson narrarating the opening :D

What's with the Trek invasion lately? Are you trying to deal with the end of the franchise or something? Or are you just nerds?

- Marc, who thinks he knows the answer.

Yes. Steef and Neil are devastated at the cancelation of Star Trek - Enterprise. As you know they watched the show religiously. Notice how all their quotes are from that show. :D

Justin - Who thinks Mr. B is right.....ssshhhhh... :(

While the new trailer is intriguing...what the HELL is with that Batmobile. Seriously...what is about DC that loves to **** up movies??

:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damnit...that was funny...

and yes...that's what I was referring to!!!!!