10 Reasons why Indiana Jones IV Should Not be Made....

Greg1138

1. Ronald Lacey 1935 - '91

2. Denholm Elliot 1922 - '92

3. Pat "Bomber" Roach 1937 - 2004

4. Amrish Puri 1932 - 2005

5. Philip Stone 1924 - 2003

6. Roy Chiao 1927 - '99

7. River Phoenix 1970 - '93

8. Robert Eddison 1908 - '91

9. Paul Maxwell 1921 - '91

These actors all starred in one of the most famous film series of all time - some of them in 2 or 3 of the films - it would be a shame for their memory to be ruined by a half-baked attempt at cashing in a little more....read the list of actors - Denholm Elliot - who could top his haunting warnings in Raiders? or his horseplay with Sean Conery in Last Crusade? Amrish Puri - in Mola Ram he created one of THE great screen villains of all time......Darth Vader, Dracula, Mola Ram - they should all be mentioned in the same sentence. Robert Eddison - on screen so briefly but who could forget his performance......"You have chosen.......wisely......" - perfect. Roy Chiao - saddled with a dumbly-scripted part, his delivery was everything....."Antidote............to the poison you just drank".....we already knew that, but if there was ever a moment that you wanted to jump into the movie and start helping Indy knock those gits into kingdom come, that was it....I could go on, but I'd be here all day.....

The 10th Reason - Well, whilst it would be wonderful to see a new Indiana Jones album on the shelf, the scores for the original trilogy are about as close to perfect as it is possible to get.....Williams does not need to prove that he is a great composer - as a body of work his 3 Indy scores stand alone and don't need to be added to.......the milk could be soured and that is the last thing we want......

Greg - being controversial.....perhaps......

:|

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not controversial, maybe just a bit nervous/paraniod..etc. Basing your worries on the memories of dead actors is perhaps a bit silly. Yes, they were all good in their roles, but even if a new IJ movie was made and sucked royally, it would in no way shape or form ruin their performances.

Tim, who could care less if they made another movie.

Not controversial, maybe just a bit nervous/paraniod..etc. Basing your worries on the memories of dead actors is perhaps a bit silly.  Yes, they were all good in their roles, but even if a new IJ movie was made and sucked royally, it would in no way shape or form ruin their performances.

It's not "Worries" as such (though I see your point), it's the belief that some things shouldn't be touched and that their memories are preserved - not just the actors, but the movies too......if a new one is made (sadly I believe it's WHEN the new one is made), if it does, as you say, suck royally then a large part of that cinematic history is flushed down the sewer.....look how you now view the original Star Wars trilogy.....do you not just feel a little sorry for Alec Guiness?

Well, since Ewan McGregor did a great job with the Obi-Wan role, then my answer would be "No". But I definitely know what you're getting at. Is anything taken away from the original trilogy as a result of sub-standard (for Star Wars anyway) prequel films? I suppose that's subjective, all relative to the individual and how dear they hold the movies to their heart. Same goes with the IJ trilogy. If you love a movie enough, then nothing can diminish or become detrimental to the memory of said movies if another sequel is made.

Tim

Ewan as Obi is very wooden and his speech is forced. Great job? I don't think so. He tries too hard and that's where he fails.

----------------

Alex Cremers

In my opinion, McGregor acts as well as one can act before blue screens. For me, he's one of the best reasons to watch the prequels, by lack of better reasons of course - and I think his speech is deliberately forced I guess.

Green and blue screens is another matter. People like Ian McDiarmid and Alec Guinness can act with their voice and eyes. They can also deliver bloated dialogue with a certain finesse and weight. Ewan tries to mimick that but hasn't got what it takes. He looks like an actor with arthritis. They should've let Ewan play himself a bit more. It would've been more spontaneous.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Harrison isn't getting any younger either.

Neil

My thinking is, and I have no basis for this other than my own gut, is that IJ4 would take place during the cold war...and the villians would be Soviets.

As to JW and his scores for the series...I'm sure what he would produce would be just as good as anything else he writes...especially for something as 'signature' as an IJ film. He's gotta know what the expectations are....

In theforce.net you can see an interview with Lucas that says Harry is meant to play an aged Indy...

And for me just the New JW score in enough reason to make that movie.

In theforce.net you can see an interview with Lucas that says Harry is meant to play an aged Indy...

It did kind of work in the Lethal Weapon series of course.

another reason

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, the drop in quality from Raiders to Temple was significant, but the drop in quality from Temple to LC was wider than the Grand Canyon.

They should've let Ewan play himself a bit more. It would've been more spontaneous.

....only problem being that 99% of the world's population wouldn't have been able to understand a damn word he was saying!!!!!

;)

another reason  

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, the drop in quality from Raiders to Temple was significant, but the drop in quality from Temple to LC was wider than the Grand Canyon.  

No arguments here....

Practically no drop in quality for Temple of Doom, and for Last Crusade I would suggest one as wide as the Canyon of the Crescent Moon.

In my humble opinion of course.

If it was a "half-baked attempt at cashing in a little more", wouldn't it have been made ages ago?

Here are 2 reasons why Indy IV should be made:

George Lucas

Steven Spielberg

Need I say more...

LOL

Hey, I'll rest my hopes on Steven Spielberg any day. But, it's weird that Spielberg liked Frank Darabont's script for Indy IV, and Lucas didn't...

The production crew stated that the film would be shot the same way as the previous three - with stunt men, rather than computer generated effects.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/trivia

'If they knew we were here, they would have killed us already" - Andy from Raiders of the Lost Ark

After reading the list of dead Indy actors, I wonder which series has a bigger curse, Poltergeist or Indy?

Perhaps Williams better stay awayfrom this one for that reason alone!

well considering that most were old with the exception of dopehead phoenix, you really can't view it as a curse, I mean afterall it is normal for people to die when they get older.

there is an article in DarkHorizon's today that would be another reason not to make Indy IV, it seems that the story will involve young indy and old indy. Gee how original, I mean after LC and the tv series this would only be the third time they did that.

Maybe a young sidekick but no more...

Young Indy, younger brother, Indy's son, another sidekick... all bad ideas. Indy 4 should not be made!

Jeff

Why I want this fourth movie to be made:

Indiana Jones lives until he is over 100, so no worries for Harrison there.

All three scores are excellent and I am greedy for more.

Steven Spielberg will not shoot the whole movie in front of giant green screens and use cartoon charaters for the extras.

Fans of the series want another movie from these guys because they like the character and style of them and the concept itself.

It will always be like another comic book episode. However, the "Idea" George Lucas came up with for this one is supposed to be quite different. Perhaps less fast pace action and more suspense and comedy? It will be exciting to see the team collaborate once more. I don't think it will damage the image of the series as badly as the new Star Wars did.

We all know that IF it finally does get made, that people will be divided. However, a new Indy film, may see the re-release of the original 3 Indy scores, perhaps even expanded or complete versions of each film's score. We can only hope.

That's why i said about a year ago.

And Every sole member here should agree at least on that.

Would you guys have prefered not to have TPM and neither then have the SE scores or even the anthology set?!

making this movie, just so that they will release the original scores from the first three movies is not a valid reason to make this movie.

plus there is no guarantee that when this movie is made that we will see the release of any of those original scores in any capacity.

besides that,

your arguement in not Logical.

I would actually be twice as excited to see this if they brought back Ke Quan as Short Round. I'm not kidding. He's a fight coordinator now. It would bring the quadrilogy full circle. It would be to me as good as the return of Vader.

shortroundtr.thumb.jpg

bf3.jpg

Shortround is a nice little character, you do him a disservice to compare him to Jar Jar, Alex.

Well, it kinda explains why you dig ROTJ. What a amazing place the internet is!

Yes, ROTJ and TOD are two very popular and entertaining American films. [sarcasm]Who'd have thought you'd find someone on the internet who liked them![/sarcasm]

Shortround is a nice little character, you do him a disservice to compare him to Jar Jar, Alex.

I'm sure some people say the same about Jar Jar. That's the funny thing about the internet.