Favorite Star Wars Finale Cue

What is your favorite Star Wars finale cue (not including End Credits)?  

36 members have voted

1. 1.

• The Throne Room- Star Wars: A New Hope
    • The Rebel Fleet- The Empire Strikes Back
    • Ewok Celebration- Return of the Jedi (original theatrical cut)
    • Victory Celebration- Return of the Jedi (Special Edition)
    • Augie's Great Municipal Band- The Phantom Menace
    • Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale- Attack of the Clones
    • A New Hope- Revenge of the Sith

This poll is closed to new votes

In honor of the worldwide opening of Episode III that is taking place right now, a new Star Wars poll. Not counting any End Credits here, just the final cue up until the start of the end credits. Vote away!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I like most of the finale cues, Sith's is really great, but then I think... duh! "Throne Room." Classic piece.

I would rate them this way

1. Throne Room

2. Rebel Fleet

3. A New Hope and End Titles

4. Ewok Celebration and End Titles, (can't believe you didn't include this as its been around a hell of alot longer than Victory Celebration).

5. Victory Celebration

6. Count Dooku and Finale

157. Augies band, absolute crap, can't believe anyone voted for it. Embarrassing.

"Lapti Nek" was played in Jabba's palace.  "Ewok Celebration" is what was used at the end of Jedi.

Neil

Well, that's what I get for not owning Anthology. I could have sworn that I read Lapti Nek as the title of the original finale.

My rankings:

Throne Room

Conf. with Dooku and Finale

The Rebel Fleet

A New Hope

Augie's

Victory Celebration

Ewok Celebration

The first four are miles ahead of the rest. Augie's gets bonus points for the way it uses the Emperor's Theme. And I might swap A New Hope and The Rebel Fleet after seeing Episode III and how it works in the film.

1. The Throne Room

2. Rebel Fleet

3. Ewok Celebration

4. A New Hope

5. Victory Celebration

6. Confrontation With Count Dooku

7. Augie's Municipal Band (it's not that I don't like it, it's just my least favourite)

The Throne Room

Rebel Fleet

Victory Celebration

Confrontation With Count Dooku

A New Hope

Augie's Municipal Band

Ewok Celebration

Justin - Who thinks it's acctually a tie for Augies and Ewoks.

I voted for AOTC. I just think that, in terms of raw emotion, it is the best.
:music: LOL

thanks, its always good to start your day with a good laugh.

^Why must you constantly belittle other people's opinions? Perhaps they like that track? Can't they share their opinion of what their favorite track is?

Confrontation With Dooku. It's a dark, ominous cue that culminates into two epic themes, the Imperial March (one of the saga's best themes) and Across The Stars (the main theme for that film). And the segueway between the two is spine-tingling. The soprano solo is haunting and eerily beautiful. Williams music perfectly captures the sense of mystery and the inevitable plight of the galaxy that will transpire from the events in the film, even if Georges images didn't get it quite right.

My order of preference:

Confrontation With Dooku (II)

Throne Room (IV)

The Rebel Fleet (V)

Victory Celebration (VI)

Ewok Celebration (VI)

Augie's Municipal Band (I)

A New Hope (III)

As much as I dislike Augie's band, at least it is an original piece with a very sly reference to the Emperor's theme. A New Hope, on the other hand, is a cut-and-paste job. Any fanboy could have come up with it. All thirteen minutes of it is a waste of time, just bad performances of classic music. It is not an appropriate bridge between the two trilogies and it will never close out any Star Wars compilation CD that I make.

Jeff

This list is pretty loose. I just know that Throne Room is the best and most classic, and that I like Augie a heck of a lot more than most people. An' I don't care who knows it! :nod:

Throne Room

Count Dooku

Augie

Rebel Fleet

Ewok Celebration

Victory Celebration

A New Hope

Ray Barnsbury

Rebel Fleet

Confrontation with Count Dooku / Finale (Preferably the unreleased and unheard segment instead of the Imperial March)

Throne Room

Ewok Celebration

Augie's Great Municipal Band

A New Hope

Victory Celebration

1. Confrontation with Count Dooku/Finale

2. Augie's Great Municipal Band

3. Victory Celebration

4. Rebel Fleet

5. Ewok Celebration

6. A New Hope

7. The Throne Room

The Throne Room. IMO, nothing comes close. It's the best music, and the best visuals to go with it.

The complete rating:

1. SW

2. ESB

3. AoTC

4. TPM

5. RoTS

6. RoTJ

^Why must you constantly belittle other people's opinions?  Perhaps they like that track?  Can't they share their opinion of what their favorite track is?
'

because Augies band is crap, deal with it.

^Why must you constantly belittle other people's opinions?  Perhaps they like that track?  Can't they share their opinion of what their favorite track is?
'

1. I did not say that Augie's Municipal Band was the best. I said that AOTC's Confrontation with Count Dooku was the best. So please, get your facts right.

2. Even if I had said TPM, that is still no reason to laugh. Some people - amazingly - do not agree. Particulalry on subjective things like music. Even more so on what everyone agrees is excellent music. Please, if you disagree, say WHY. Don't just say "everybody knows" - cos they clearly don't - and don't just laugh.

3. Personally, my order would be (best to worst): AOTC; ESB; ANH; ROTS; TPM; ROTJ. My justfication: AOTC is incredibly powerful, the last few minutes of music sum up the film perfectly, the playing of ATS is beautiful but strangely tragic (perfect for the scene it is scoring) and the link to the End Credits music is not "forced". ESB's ending (with the love and force themes) is touching, but not quite as emotionally "sucker-punch"-worthy as AOTC. The link to the iris is good, though. ANH has probably the best music before it (the Throne ROom is magnificent in the film and as a piece of music), but for me the link to the End Credits is poor; ROTS ends as the linking film should: with fantastic playings of fantastic themes, but again the key change to the iris ruins it somewhat; TPM has the most annoying music (I can't like that children's choir. Kids worked in Edward Scissorhands, but not in TPM), but the presence of the hidden Emperor's theme is masterful. The iris link is OK; and finally ROTJ has a quite nice - if not very Star Wars-y piece before it, but the cut ot the iris is horrid, and makes this the worst of the six.

4. Having said all that, most film would envy any and all of them as endings.

Rebel Fleet, although I've always been bothered that part of the very nice transition is edited out in the movie. But I think Star Wars, ESB, AotC have the best finale music. The source music finales are OK. Victory Celebration is the only one I really enjoy but all of them are very good for their movies.

- Adam

'

1. I did not say that Augie's Municipal Band was the best. I said that AOTC's Confrontation with Count Dooku was the best. So please, get your facts right.

2. Even if I had said TPM, that is still no reason to laugh. Some people - amazingly - do not agree. Particulalry on subjective things like music. Even more so on what everyone agrees is excellent music. Please, if you disagree, say WHY. Don't just say "everybody knows" - cos they clearly don't - and don't just laugh.

3. Personally, my order would be (best to worst): AOTC; ESB; ANH; ROTS; TPM; ROTJ. My justfication: AOTC is incredibly powerful, the last few minutes of music sum up the film perfectly, the playing of ATS is beautiful but strangely tragic (perfect for the scene it is scoring) and the link to the End Credits music is not "forced". ESB's ending (with the love and force themes) is touching, but not quite as emotionally "sucker-punch"-worthy as AOTC. The link to the iris is good, though. ANH has probably the best music before it (the Throne ROom is magnificent in the film and as a piece of music), but for me the link to the End Credits is poor; ROTS ends as the linking film should: with fantastic playings of fantastic themes, but again the key change to the iris ruins it somewhat; TPM has the most annoying music (I can't like that children's choir. Kids worked in Edward Scissorhands, but not in TPM), but the presence of the hidden Emperor's theme is masterful. The iris link is OK; and finally ROTJ has a quite nice - if not very Star Wars-y piece before it, but the cut ot the iris is horrid, and makes this the worst of the six.

4. Having said all that, most film would envy any and all of them as endings.

thanks, I always like to end my day with a good laugh.

I hope we get the original music for the Clone Transports lifting off in AotC one day.That could be the best cue we never heard.

K.M.