RotS Complete Score (Dialog+FX in places)

Jacck

Is it just me or does anyone else think that one of the best moments of the Episode III music is the 20 seconds when Palpy,Vader and Tarkin stand on the bridge of the Star Destroyer at the end of the movie?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does anyone else think that one of the best moments of the Episode III music is the 20 seconds when Palpy,Vader and Tarkin stand on the bridge of the Star Destroyer at the end of the music?

You mean the bit where the high strings and woodwinds play the funeral theme and the basses play the Imperial March..?

Yeah, that's good :|

For me the best part is Padme's funeral in Naboo mixed with the creation on Vader, where we can hear both funeral music and the Imperial March.

Considering the materials you have to work with, an outstanding edit. Now we can hear it in its full glory, the score really is brilliant. A number of outstanding moments are complimented by a large amount of clever underscore. Not too much of the boring TPM Coruscant-type boring underscore is very nice! Some of the looping and tracking is painful, though. The Grievous ship crash landing at the beginning is far far worse than I thought it was - and I thought it was bad...

Still, roll on a (real) Ultimate Edition!

In terms of the sound effects, the audio source just isn't great, there is some clipping which I've cleaned up as best I've can - but I can always wait for a good 5.1 source that will allow me to !

Yes,that yould be awsome.Hopefully by then somehow the whoile score will have leaked in Galaxies patches.

K.M.

In terms of the sound effects, the audio source just isn't great, there is some clipping which I've cleaned up as best I've can - but I can always wait for a good 5.1 source that will allow me to !

Yes,that yould be awsome.Hopefully by then somehow the whoile score will have leaked in Galaxies patches.

K.M.

hehe , we can hope :mrgreen:

I enjoyed the edit immensly. Much thanks for this, and I can't wait until it can hopefully be completed without the dialogue and FX.

One day, there may be enough resources to do that :) ... *hopes* ,... The release of a good 5.1 audio source will improve this release IMMENSLY because the rear audio music is louder and there is virtually no dialogue in the rear :mrgreen:

Hey Guys,

how can i get the Score ? please tell me :)

i love the funeral theme of padme without the chor ... awesome and how it flows into the imperial march mmhmm :)

so, please tell me.

Thanks first.

Greetz

Frank

Sent u link via PM :)

This really is fantastic. Fantastic! Which editing software are you using, Jack?

By the way, what are these Galaxy- files everyone talks about and how can I get them?

emmm... i have just registered, but my question is: where is the link for downloading these themes??? thanks!!!

No links have not and will not be provided in this thread.

Neil

This really is fantastic. Fantastic! Which editing software are you using, Jack?

By the way, what are these Galaxy- files everyone talks about and how can I get them?

I use Cubase SX.. and the Galaxy files are Music Files from the Star Wars Galaxies Video Game :)

Great work, Jack! :)

Though I will edit my own version of Anakin's Betrayal and Anakin's Dark Deeds for my listening pleasure, with just themissing finale bits mixed into the cd tracks.

Thanks again!

BTW: I noticed one film edit you didn't recreate, namely the shortening of the two bars with french horn around the 8:00 mark of Anakin's Betrayal (I think in the film this shows Yoda breaking down clutching his staff).

Great work, Jack! :)

Though I will edit my own version of Anakin's Betrayal and Anakin's Dark Deeds for my listening pleasure, with just themissing finale bits mixed into the cd tracks.

Thanks again!

BTW: I noticed one film edit you didn't recreate, namely the shortening of the two bars with french horn around the 8:00 mark of Anakin's Betrayal (I think in the film this shows Yoda breaking down clutching his staff).

Lol, do you miss anything? :) ... THat was probably around the point I was thinking to myself "who the hell do these bastards think they are" and getting really pissed off with the shitty edits all over the place, Lol

Jack, I'm impressed with your work. I am scratching my head at the effort it must have taken to recreate some of the shocking music edits in the film (and why you'd find that a more satisfying listen), but one thing for sure that you've done is you've made it much easier for us to assess where cues have been cut/replaced etc.

And I love the extended Birth of the Twins cue. One favorite. As is Anakin and Padme's reunion.

I really can't wait for the DVD so I can extract the rear Audio!!!! Anyone any idea when this is coming out, and any info on future star wars games/patches that may contain unreleased music?

and it was my intention with this release to make it easier to assess where cuts were, hence the "film version" title... so. yeh :)

"Impressive, most impressive"!!!

It's a shame that they don't release the complete Music from Epsiode II and Episode III. Such an astonishing work which John Williams has done, must reach the outside world. But you have done a little step closer to this. Hopefully they'll release it some day, since every score from the trilogy is out, they have to do it. (I think it's the same with the Lord of the Rings Scores)

But as Obi-Wan would say: "Patience. You must have patience. Use the force..."

I have a question about the 'Padme's Visit' cue - is the reprise of 'Lament' here, which is tremendously effective, actually an independent recording, or is it the earlier cue without choir and looped? I hope it's an original choice, because it's an inspired linking on Williams' behalf.

Thank you for this great music. I was listening to it for the themes we all know and love. I don't know if anyone else picked up on it but near the very end of the "Rolling with Grievous and Sensing the Dark Side" track you can hear the Episode IV imperial theme! It plays at about the time Mace says "I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi....aren't I captain obvious?"

I have a question about the 'Padme's Visit' cue - is the reprise of 'Lament' here, which is tremendously effective, actually an independent recording, or is it the earlier cue without choir and looped? I hope it's an original choice, because it's an inspired linking on Williams' behalf.

It feels too right to be tracked IMO. According to the score reports it was the first cue recorded, and I think our guy from the London Voices said that Lament was recorded all in one go with chorus and orchestra, so this is most likely a different recording.

John- wondering who all these people are and if they'll still be here tomorrow.

Thanks John. That was my feeling too. I think the 'Heroes Collide' cue sounds so much better coming out of that reprise of 'Lament' than out of 'Padme's Ruminations' on album.

Film order is always better. :)

Lol, that's ok. Reading is fun-damental. Minus the fun part if you happen to be reading As I lay Dying. :) Anyway, did anyone else pick up on that subtle hint there? I thought it was a nice tie together, however brief and soft the cue was.

I'm making an OST + videogame edit (it will run 77 minutes or so). It won't have any of the film edits... just simple presentation of the music, for the most part. However, in several places I had to stick cues to together (i.e. the short Grievous fanfares from mus_avatar_platform_final.mp3) to avoid leaving tracks with awful-sounding endings (I can't fake them with reverb very well).

Would it be possible to post a detailed cue list as to how you the cues are placed? (Preferably without the sticking together - I'll do the same in my edit, but it's to have a clear picture.) A cue list like the ones in the Complete Cue List thread, with reference to where you got the music for the scene (that part of track 1 from the CD, particular track from the game etc.). I'd be very grateful for this :)

me too :)

My thanks in advance cerrabore ;)

I won't be able to upload my edit like JackChapple has (unless somebody is kind enough to provide web space :)).

Turns out this runs about eighty-five minutes, so I will have to split it up. Here is my track/cue list. OST means original soundtrack, and GAL means Star Wars Galaxies (the videogame files). Unfortunately, I didn't record the volume adjustments - and there were plenty. You'll have to manually do that by comparison.

DISC 1

01. 20th CENTURY FOX FANFARE

TPM UE CD 1 01 all

02. STAR WARS MAIN TITLE/BATTLE OF CORUSCANT

OST 01 0:00-4:46 (fake ending with reverb)

mix GAL mus_wookiee_quest_accept 0:11-end (This may not be the correct order, but *part* of this cue shows up in the film, and besides, I needed something to fix up that awful ending at OST 01 4:46.)

03. BATTLE IN THE HANGAR

OST 07 0:00-0:57 (fake ending with reverb)

04. THE ELEVATOR SCENE

OST 01 5:21-end

05. BATTLE ON THE BRIDGE

OST 07 0:57-end

06. FLYING THE HALF-SHIP (Please change my titles :).)

TPM UE CD 2 28 all (Yes, I know this is tracked, but unlike in the film, I will not edit it, and damned if it isn't a nice cue! Furthermore, I will use the alternate take. Not sure what videogame is the best source - I think Galaxies, which is high-quality, has most of it.)

07. ANOTHER HAPPY LANDING

GAL mus_wookiee_quest_success 0:20-end (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)

08. GRIEVOUS SPEAKS TO LORD SIDIOUS/ANAKIN'S DREAM

OST 13 0:00-1:51

mix OST 02 all

09. COUNCIL APPOINTMENT

OST 06 2:27-3:13 (fake beginning and ending with reversal and reverb)

10. ANAKIN AND OBI-WAN CONFER

GAL mus_kashyyyk_rodian_safari 0:00-0:33 (fake ending with reverb)

OST 06 3:14-end (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)

11. PALPATINE'S TEACHINGS

OST 06 0:00-1:38

mix GAL mus_kashyyyk_droid_cave all (I know this isn't correct, because part of mus_kashyyyk_droid_cave is the music for Obi-Wan climbing out of the water, and the end is for an Anakin/Padmé conversation. However, it seems the game designers mixed this cue with the ballet music, and I don't feel like dealing with an impossible edit like that.)

12. OBI-WAN'S DEPARTURE (ALTERNATIVE)

GAL mus_rodian_quest_success 0:00-0:23 (fake ending with reverb)

13. ARRIVAL AT UTAPAU/SPYING ON GRIEVOUS

GAL mus_trandoshan_quest_accept all

mix OST 05 0:00-1:24 (fake ending with reverb)

14. GRIEVOUS ATTACKS

GAL mus_wookiee_quest_fail all

mix GAL mus_avatar_platform_final 0:06

mix/paste OST 01 4:46-5:21

mix/paste GAL mus_avatar_platform_final 0:58-end

15. PALPATINE'S SEDUCTION/ROLLING WITH GRIEVOUS

OST 06 1:37-2:30 (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)

mix/paste GAL mus_kashyyyk_ryratt_trail all

mix OST 05 1:24-end (Yes, I know about the "Rolling with Grievous" loop at the end, but I don't want to deal with making a clean ending on "Fighting with Grievous." :))

16. PADMÉ'S RUMINATIONS/MURDER MISSION

OST 08 all

17. LAMENT

OST 04 0:00-2:51

mix/paste GAL mus_kashyyyk_elders_hut 0:00-0:25

mix/paste OST 04 2:52-end

DISC 2

1. ENTER LORD VADER

OST 11 all

2. CRIMES OF THE EMPIRE (This title is taken from the Sanskrit chorus in this track, which sings "Grievous are the crimes of the empire.")

OST 10 all

3. PADMÉ LEAVES FOR MUSTAFAR

OST 13 1:51-end

4. REUNION WITH ANAKIN

GAL mus_rodian_quest_accept all

5. OBI-WAN VS. VADER/YODA VS. SIDIOUS

OST 09 all

mix TPM OST 02 0:38-2:03

mix/paste TPM OST 02 3:06-3:33

mix/paste TPM OST 02 4:08-end

mix mus_rodian_quest_fail all

6. BATTLE OF THE HEROES

OST 03 all

7. THE IMMOLATION SCENE

OST 12 all

mix mus_kashyyyk_dead_forest 0:29-end (fake beginning with reversal and reverb)

8. THE BIRTH OF THE TWINS/PADMÉ'S DESTINY

OST 14 0:00-1:24

mix/paste GAL mus_trandoshan_quest_success 0:20-0:30 (Yes, out of order, but I'd rather have it here than as an awkward short track between "Birth" and "New Hope.")

mix/paste OST 14 1:25-end

9. A NEW HOPE/END CREDITS

OST 15 all

Thank you for this great music. I was listening to it for the themes we all know and love. I don't know if anyone else picked up on it but near the very end of the "Rolling with Grievous and Sensing the Dark Side" track you can hear the Episode IV imperial theme! It plays at about the time Mace says "I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi....aren't I captain obvious?"

I noticed that as well... though the music is tracked from AotC. What scene is it? The one where the Senators listen to Obi-Wan's holographic report, I think.

I noticed that as well... though the music is tracked from AotC. What scene is it? The one where the Senators listen to Obi-Wan's holographic report, I think.

I know the bit you're talking about. I can't remember where it's tracked into Episode III, but the cue is from Corde's death after the attack on Padme's ship at the start of AOTC.

Cerrabore - why not preserve the statement of the Grievous theme in the opening track from 4:46-5:21? It's too good an edit on the OST to do without in my opinion. Really gives the feeling that the battle cue is building to something.

Cerrabore - why not preserve the statement of the Grievous theme in the opening track from 4:46-5:21? It's too good an edit on the OST to do without in my opinion. Really gives the feeling that the battle cue is building to something.

According to Jim Ware, it belongs in the Obi-Wan/Grievous duel. If you look, that is where I have put it.

Well, kudos to Mr. Williams for putting in that reference, even if it is tracked from Episode II.

Why would he choose to use that theme for Corde's death?

I'm a bit confused now, the only relation is the imperial sirens you hear in the backround.

Gotta love the sirens. :)

I know where it belongs, and I'm cool with the reasoning behind that, but surely as a listening experience it wouldn't hurt to have it appear in both spots. After all, it does appear in the opening battle in the film (albeit in a slightly different place), and since we don't have the cue following from 4:46, and the edit on the OST must work better than fake reverb, why not leave it as is as well as placing it in the Grievous fight?

I know where it belongs, and I'm cool with the reasoning behind that, but surely as a listening experience it wouldn't hurt to have it appear in both spots. After all, it does appear in the opening battle in the film (albeit in a slightly different place), and since we don't have the cue following from 4:46, and the edit on the OST must work better than fake reverb, why not leave it as is as well as placing it in the Grievous fight?

I'm considering that. I guess it wouldn't hurt. On the other hand, I would be tracking music within the set... but speaking of that, I did include "The Tide Turns." So yeah, maybe.

:) JackChapple!

Thank you for your great work! It is a joy to listen to & I can't wait for a full release!

2 things:

The cue when Yoda is speaking to the council as a hologram on Kassshkk is the cue The Senate from TPM UE.

also

***Worth checking out!***

I just spotted a new SITH MOTIF by Williams.It appears in full when Palpatine speaks of Darth Plageis at the opera(Exactly at:Narration at the Ballet &The Wookie Army 4:20 to 4:40,when palpatine says Darth Plageis was a dark lord of the sith so powerful and wise he could use the midichlorians to create life) ,then a short version at the end of Palpatine's Seduction in choir form(end of ryratt's trail file).That little new motif is just bone chilling.Holy crap it's fantastic,he should have made this the main theme of RotS.

K.M.

Many many thanks Cerrabore!

8. THE BIRTH OF THE TWINS/PADMÉ'S DESTINY  

OST 14 0:00-1:24  

mix/paste GAL mus_trandoshan_quest_success 0:20-0:30 (Yes, out of order, but I'd rather have it here than as an awkward short track between "Birth" and "New Hope.")  

mix/paste OST 14 1:25-end

Thus, the short ten-second track actually belongs between Track 14 and Track 15?

Thanks again :folder:

Having just listened to it, I think it may be a motif, at the very least. It is at the very least the same bit of music, I am pretty sure. It is creepy, and worked very well in the film if I remember correctly. Nice spot!