Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

StarWars.com Hyperspace Celebration III video: “Introducing Nick Gillard”

Any chance of this getting uploaded? It wasn't before, at least that I ever saw.

Yes, soon. Right now, only BF2 files are on the FTP. Skylark and I are, however, working on uploading the Rage of the Wookiees files and the trailer bits GoodMusician mentioned, as well as relevant AotC music like that Hyperspace video. After that comes TPM, Anthology cues, etc.

Ambient6.mp3 has been corrected (the upload was incomplete). Ambient1.mp3 has also been fixed; as you can hear it includes a "clean ending" to the part of "Anakin's Dream" before the unreleased music, as well as the "film version" of "Palpatine's Seduction," which I still think is tracked from "Palpatine Instructs Anakin."

action7 0:24 to 0:52 approx. has anakin firing the buzz droids out cue. This is not mentioned in the complete cue list.

I know. I'm holding off on including this until I can fix the recording (notice that the volume dips out).

What programs does everyone use to edit music with? I happen to use Goldwave, simply because it's free and I'm just an amateur. It was a pretty good all around program, but to tell you the truth, I'm not so good with the intricacies. How do you fix the volume on some of the files? I tried such obvious things as "Volume-Match" and other volume things, but I'm not sure what to set it to. Is there a standard number I can set all of them to, or do I have to go through each file individually and try and match the volume levels by listening to them?

Compare the tracks with the OST material to get a match. If there's no material to compare to, then just use your best judgement. By the way, newer music I have been uploading with a 10 decibel boost, so you don't need to make such a drastic adjustment.

Why is the sound quality on these files so much better than the Rage of the Wookies one?

The sound is sharper, but it's very coarse. Listen to "Swimming..." in ambient3.mp3, for instance...

Can anyone get the drum beats from the beginning of the movie ripped? The easiest way I can think of doing it (but not necessarily the fastest, to my recollection), is simply separate the audio from the video using something like TMPGEnc. Or, if anyone still has the rip from a looong time ago, that'd be even better. There's about two sets of three rhytmic beats without ANY sound effects or other music in it, and now we have a fairly clean (at least, cleaner) beginning for the space battle in the middle of one of the files (I forget which one), so it'd be really easy to re-create the beginning of the film. Unfortunately, I don't have the movie on the computer. A PM telling me what's up, or maybe throwing it on the server, depends on who has it, I think it's something we'd all like if it would sound good (which I think it would), and it's fairly simple to do, anyone with the film could do it, like I said, instead of always nagging Cerrabore or the others who usually do it.

This should be more possible with the release of the DVD.

wait, what game on X-box has the complete rebel fanfare... I can get music off of X-Box games...

Battlefront II demo, Battle of Coruscant level.

Has nobody else noticed the hissing/clipping effect on these tracks?

I'm not complaining, just wondering about people who are saying it's good quality, compared to the Rage of the Wookies... In my opinion the Rage of the wookies files are excellent quality (apart from the shoddy bitrate)

Yeah, there's hissing. Unfortunately I can't do much about it. Rest assured that the MP3s have gone through a minimum of compression; they're encoded at 320 kbps, not the typical 128 kbps (this will actually be the case for most music when the FTP is fully restored).

Yeah, there's hissing. Unfortunately I can't do much about it. Rest assured that the MP3s have gone through a minimum of compression; they're encoded at 320 kbps, not the typical 128 kbps (this will actually be the case for most music when the FTP is fully restored).

Cool :thumbup: .. Wasn't complaining, just merely making an observation :) :) :) :) :)

Good news! I managed to record the entire track featuring "Going to Utapau." It now underscores the entire conversation between Obi-Wan and Tion Medon (followed by some music from "Enter Lord Vader"). However, the music from 1:11 to 1:24.5 I don't recognize - it wasn't in the film, not in this sequence, anyway.

So download the new version of ambient4.mp3. The track list will be updated soon.

EDIT: FTP not yet updated. Wait.

It seems the Galatic Battlegrounds music is a little strange. There are little blips here and there. Is there a cleaner version available or is this as good as it gets. I really love the unreleased bits from AOTC.

EDIT: Nevermind, once again, I have egg on my face. I was listening to the old file. Forgive me, I haven't listened to them enough to remember fully what was on each file. :thumbup:

I'd send them to Cerrabore, if he doesn't mind. I mean, he's looking for the stuff, too. And that way Cerrabore can get them on the server and everyone will have access. Him or Skylark.

You can send it to me or Lordskylark by instant messenger or email. And I don't think you can extract the music, so plan on recording it somehow...

Gee,the whole Utapau music now :thumbup: .Some hiss on it,are you sure your recording settings were well set,because the other cues don't have hiss.

what I meant by better sound quality is that there's less " compression artifacts" than the Rage of the Wookies files,but there's some hiss in that latest one.

K.M.

That statement is pure conjecture.

We will most likely get a complete/expanded release of the prequel scores, just not anywere near this decade.

Hey, I'll be more than happy to eat my own hat if they do release complete soundtracks for AOTC and ROTS. I'd love to be wrong about this, but I also don't see any incentive for them to release it. The TPM UE was panned by critics, I'm not sure how it did in sales, and with all the tracked music in AOTC and ROTS, I don't think there's a reason to release complete versions unless they get Williams to score some original music. But if they did that, they'd probably want to go and re-do the music for the films. That's an awful lot of effort just to release two scores that they're not even sure would do well. See what I mean? I'd be more than happy to be wrong this time, though.

I think the whole Prequel music Ultimate Editions are only a matter of time. But it will most likely be a box set just like the recent Special Editions reissure from Sony so we have to by TPM all over again just to get AOTC and ROTS. I even remember someone claiming the AOTC UE was finished and ready to go, but never released yet.

as long as I can mute the sound besides music, I can record it all fine.

Is there anything else I shoudl geT?

We are looking for the cues "Get 'Em R-2!" "Count Dooku's Entrance," and "The Death of Dooku." There may be more.

Gee,the whole Utapau music now Shocked .Some hiss on it,are you sure your recording settings were well set,because the other cues don't have hiss.

what I meant by better sound quality is that there's less " compression artifacts" than the Rage of the Wookies files,but there's some hiss in that latest one.

Yeah... I didn't change anything in the recording settings. Some of the other cues have hiss, anyway.

as long as I can mute the sound besides music, I can record it all fine.

Is there anything else I shoudl geT?

I'll let you all know

The weight of this entire operation rests upon your shoulders,not that I want to stress you or anything :thumbup:

k.M.Hoping for that clip of the Rebel Fanfare by tonight.

Apparently the space one. It may take a while. And I don't think you need to bother with Utapau, because I've already gone through it.

What time zones is everyone on? I hate message board clocks. That way I know when to check for updates (in the morning or at night). I dunno, maybe other people are having trouble figuring out when everyone else is on. I'm in the Eastern US Timezone. It's 9:35 pm right now.

I have to admit. I'm not a good gamer. I'm having difficulties. The game lasts for only like 3 minutes... and I have to blow up a lot of stuff and I'm not good at these games... I'm trying guys... just hang in there.

Hehe, don't worry. I appreciate your effort and I'm sure lots of people do. Even if you don't get the recordings, somebody certainly will when the full game is released.

What time zones is everyone on? I hate message board clocks. That way I know when to check for updates (in the morning or at night). I dunno, maybe other people are having trouble figuring out when everyone else is on. I'm in the Eastern US Timezone. It's 9:35 pm right now.

Then we're both in Eastern Standard Time. You can expect updates from me between about 6 and 10 PM EST.

God, that'd suck if Cerrabore was sleeping.... I'm too impatient to wait for tomorrow.

Though, we got some nice updates around mid-day today, hopefully we can get some more tomorrow? I'm not sure how long it takes, or how much effort goes into uploading onto the server, but I can't wait for that Nick Gillard thing for Confrontation with Dooku, and th eGalaxies stuff to be put back up.

GoodMusician, if Cerrabore or Skylark isn't available...just pm either King Mark or myself and we can help you out. You don't necessiarly have to enter that person's address if you use www.yousendit.com but you can use your own and just copy and paste the link a private message, just as an FYI. By the way GoodMusician, I pmed you. :thumbup:

I've just emailed it to Cerrabore and King Mark. If anyone else wants it, you have the next 5 mintues to pm me and I will give you a yousendit link.

Past that, I have to go somewhere so.

I hope this all helps everyone.

Glad to have been of service.

I can't export as an mp3...wait... maybe I can... It was eaither wma or wav really... but I think I can do MP3... let me try again.

(I personally hate mp3's)

EDIT: I've put as that type of MP3. I didn't think I could, but I forgot that music match lets you convert files. I will email it to you. I woudl do yousendit but it's taking forever.

That work?

The file starts in the middle of music playing, is this somethign we already have, or is that cut-off unreleased music? It sounds familiar, but I can't recall if it was on the OST or anything.

Sounds like all new music to me,but I'm not sure where it goes in the Battle of Coruscant.I think we have the complete Battle of Coruscant now!

I really need an MP3 as WMA's are "protected" in my Wave Editor and can only be exported as such.

K.M.

This cue that GoodMusician sent us guys is the "Get 'em, R2!" cue for sure. Trust me I know the music, hehe. Just listen to the movie to place where it goes. :thumbup: KM, if you want I'll use Cool Edit and transfer the file over to mp3 and send it to you in a pm?

That is how it started. It faded in like that everytime. How it ended though, I can't remember if that's really how it ended or if I died. I'm gonna try and do it again but I'm not at home now. Did you get the email or the yousendit link KM?

I know it was taking forever for both.

Okay I just checked the music and the film for reference for "Get 'em, R2!"...we're still missing I'd say about maybe 5 seconds worth...when Anakin flips his starfighter around Obi-Wans to shoot out the shield generators then they go flying in for a crash landing is not there, or was scored differently. The music for when Obi-Wan leaps out of his Starfighter though, that was all ready released with Rage Of Wookies. But over all we got about 99% of this cue. Just as an FYI.

He just sent me a higher bitrate MP3.I't downloading it..I'd like you to edit in it in the Battle of Coruscant for me because I don't have the bootleg of that part of the film to compare the music to.I'll send it to you if you need it.

I also hear the "Scorpion Dance" music when the buzz Droid is on the fighter wing.That turns out to be the first notes of Ep 3 music we heard in the CBS preview special.

K.M.

Okay I just checked the music and the film for reference for "Get 'em, R2!"...we're still missing I'd say about maybe 5 seconds worth...when Anakin flips his starfighter around Obi-Wans to shoot out the shield generators then they go flying in for a crash landing is not there, or was scored differently. The music for when Obi-Wan leaps out of his Starfighter though, that was all ready released with Rage Of Wookies. But over all we got about 99% of this cue. Just as an FYI.

Is there enough there to edit it together to sound decent, do you think? I'm not going to attempt any editing tonight. Basically, are those few seconds crucial to inserting it into the Battle of Coruscant?