Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

I PMmed it to you...

Seeing as it's my own original thing and not copyrighted music... Can I post the link here? or not.. o_O

Could you PM it too me too? I've been trying to get as close as I can to a version of the opening to the movie.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the FTP, could you rename the tracks that are named "Action4", "Ambient3", etc to their actual track names? It's just my ignorance, I'm having a hard time keeping track of which is which. But make no mistake, yall are doing great!

I'm going to ask people to please stop asking for the link to the download site. I'm also going to ask Cerrabore and Skylark not to use a registration date or number of posts as a judge to see who gets in and who doesn't. That makes it seem like this site endorses all of the trading going on, yet JWFan has absolutely nothing to do with this. It's going to end now.

From now I'm just going to ask that you use this thread to update people on how to edit the cues, where to place them and to post any updates on new cues from ROTS. Any requests for where to get this music needs to be done privately. Any requests that I find here should be ignored by other posters and will be deleted by me.

Neil - annoyed with this thread

Sorry for the absence.

Yes, "Get 'Em R-2!" is pretty cool. I will get it up to the FTP soon. And yes, action4.mp3 and ambient4.mp3 are almost entirely deleted. I admit, I accidentally got rid of action4.mp3 when I was aiming to update ambient4.mp3. Yeah, only 75% of it was up, and the final 25% has a little unreleased music.

I may rename the tracks, but that's not until all the files are up.

The thing is, I can't work with the FTP on dial-up. It's simply too slow and bandwidth consuming. Therefore, only when I'm on broadband can much file transferring happen, and that's on the weekends and Tuesday. So hold tight. In the mean time, GoodMusician's link seems to be working out well. :)

Thanks a lot, Cerrabore. You can rest assured that we appreciate any and every second of additional music you provide us.

Track list has been updated to reflect the new music, but don't pay attention. I'm going on versions of files that aren't up yet. From "Get 'Em R-2!" I deleted the Grievous music at the beginning, it was totally unnecessary. It will be titled action13.mp3 for now. By the way, the unknown music in ambient4.mp3 seems to be for some extension to the scene that was cut. As it segues to "Enter Lord Vader," you can hear the string chord is the same as the one at 0:07 in mus_trandoshan_accept.mp3 from Galaxies. Therefore, we have the entire cue except for the Force theme until Tion Medon's entrance.

More of The Boys Continue,including Battle of the Heroes variation (clean,no sfx or voices)on this video:(DVD clip 2,also some on clip 1 but with sfx)

http://movies.aol.com/movie/main.adp?tab=t...ilers&mid=17722

Someone with AOL BROADBAND needs to get a recording of this in the highest quality(record soundcard output).This a preview of the DVD,so it should be on the bonus disk.Also,in the DVD Clip 2 the clip just cuts off...on the real DVD it should go on longer.

(Vosk found this)

I managed to rip the audio of the 700kbps video clip(highest bitrate I'm allowed at dial up speed),but it's still very low bitrate audio(sounds like 32 kbps or something).

K.M.

Ok,there's 2 unreleased Duel music segments:

The first is in between Yoda Falls and when we see him crawling in the conduit.So far none of this music has shown up.It's 43 seconds long.

The second segment if between when Palpatine senses Anakin is in danger and when Yoda falls on Bail's speeder. That's the part we have in part and more of it will be on a bonus section of the DVD.That duel music segment is 48 seconds long.

K.M.

Well since the Force theme doubles as Obi-Wan's theme, can we expect the missing Force theme from Goodbye Old Friend and Arrivng at Utapau in the Trials of Obi-Wan expansion?

That would be great because we have a number of cues missing about 10 crucial seconds or less:

Get Em R2

Goodbye Old Friend

Going to Utapau

It Can't Be

The Boys Continue(should be about complete with the DVD)

A New Hope(the Force theme at the beginning as we pan on Aldeeran)

K.M.

There's definately a recurring "Republic Fanfare" motif.It appears proeminently in Another Happy Landing and Going to Utapau.Should be added in my themes analysis.

Anyone spotted this motif anywhere else?

K.M.

Just Another Happy Landing and the Utapau stuff as far as I can remember..

I have asembled all the available music from 'SW main Title and (as i call it) the Battle Above Coruscant'.

(cerrabore you still forgot to include the 'Obi wan is torn appart by buzz droids' segment from action7edit 20.5 to 52.8 approx. and Insert (substitute) it on ost1 bettween 4:12 and 4:22.5 approx.)

Im so happy to have one of my (if not the most) favourite tracks 99.9% complete.

Thanks to all who contributed :angry:

I need some clarification. At most points, it seems that we're going by what's in the movie. However, you still include the Elevator Scene music, which is a cut scene. I know that sometimes we're going for what sounds best, but with the music we have now, Battle of Coruscant is now only about 4-5 seconds short of being complete, and it ends perfectly. What do you guys think? Is there really a need to include this?

Here's some more stuff to add to the list of music we should be keeping any eye out for:

A clean Introduction for Grievous. It's pretty close on the soundtrack, but the beginning is also the last note before Get Em R2, and sounds really bad when you separate them.

Dooku's Introduction and the Duel With Dooku. Some VERY cool music, hopefully we'll get it.

The 'need' of inclusion of the elevator scene is undebatable, now putting it mixed with get em r2 is personal opinion.

I sepparated Battle of Coruscant from Grievous and the elevator.

But it was very awful.

So i noticed that the last beat in Get Em R2 (obi wan's jump) is very similar to the 1st grievous one, and i mixed them. Now im very happy with it.

Woops, just noticed something in my last post. The Elevator Scene wasn't a cut scene, I meant to say that the music was cut.

Anyways, when Cerrabore said that he generally posts updates on the weekends and Tuesday's...does Friday count as a weekend day for him? Because today's my birthday and a great update would be a very good birthday present. :angry:

Anyways, I just noticed that the newer ambient 4 is half as long (only 16 seconds) as the original ambient 4 (which is about 45), but on the cue list on page 1 it's written that you need the seconds in the 2 minute range. Is Ambient 4 one of the files Cerrabore is planning on updating soon? I'm confusing myself by readin ghis updates, downloading, and the cue list. I'm not sure which is the most recent and what refers to things that aren't posted yet (like Cerrabore noted recently).

On a side note, I could've sworn we had the beginning of the scene where Yoda arrives and confronts Dooku. The music is really bizarre sounding and I thought for sure we had it somewhere. I must've been wrong.

ok guys ...

i saw on the official BF2 site (lucasarts.com and then Bf2) the gameplay trailer of the planet dagobah, there was a battle of the heroes variation in it ...

i think its from the scene where obi and ani walk on the pipes ... dont know.

greetz

frank

It was a mix a little unreleased portion from "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan" and the opening for "The Boys Continue" thanks for pointing that out Sith Tyrann. :angry:

I really do hope Trials Of Obi-Wan has the first portion of The Boys Continue...

As far as the varation of BOTH music when Obi-Wan and Anakin are figthing on the bridge....as reported it's with the clip "Within a minute" featured on AOL Moviefone, and no doubt the actual DVD of Sith will have the full piece of that ...just am saying.

Yes i think ambient4 is one of the files cerrabore was going to update.

About Dagobah video:

Sithtyran is right! it includes a small part of the continuation of 'the boys continue' (i think)

Read my post. ;)

Edit: Of course the music for the opening portion for "The Boys Continue" has to fade out like "Good-bye Old Friend" cue does... :angry:

more BOTH music has to be in this game: Mustafar is not listed on the planets, but it appears on the latest trailer...

it will be in the game. they showed it on german tv in a games-show.

but i didnt hear any music. maybe they made the sound off

There's definately a recurring "Republic Fanfare" motif.It appears proeminently in Another Happy Landing and Going to Utapau.Should be added in my themes analysis.

Anyone spotted this motif anywhere else?

K.M.

I remember a passage in Enter Lord Vader on the OST that reminded me of "Another Happy Landing."

EDIT: 2:15-2:22

Someone with AOL BROADBAND needs to get a recording of this in the highest quality(record soundcard output).This a preview of the DVD,so it should be on the bonus disk.Also,in the DVD Clip 2 the clip just cuts off...on the real DVD it should go on longer.

I can do this tomorrow.

I remember a passage in Enter Lord Vader on the OST that reminded me of "Another Happy Landing."

EDIT: 2:15-2:22

Sheesh, I pointed it out a few pages ago... :music: Yep, it's a Republic theme. This makes five or six legitimately new themes in RotS. Not so sparse, is it?

Anyways, I just noticed that the newer ambient 4 is half as long (only 16 seconds) as the original ambient 4 (which is about 45), but on the cue list on page 1 it's written that you need the seconds in the 2 minute range. Is Ambient 4 one of the files Cerrabore is planning on updating soon? I'm confusing myself by readin ghis updates, downloading, and the cue list. I'm not sure which is the most recent and what refers to things that aren't posted yet (like Cerrabore noted recently).

Sorry. I've been trying to update that and I will be able to tomorrow.

On a side note, I could've sworn we had the beginning of the scene where Yoda arrives and confronts Dooku. The music is really bizarre sounding and I thought for sure we had it somewhere. I must've been wrong.

Music151.mp3 from Bounty Hunter.

i happened to figure out the address for the ftp myself, seemed that nowone was generous enough to give it, so i had to figure it out for myself, some people here where really "im in charge, you cant do this, you cant do that". But anyway im not here to point fingers. I just want to say good job so far to those who gathered this stuff.

from what we have got so far Somebody should do a proper edit together of all the unreleased segments from the battle over coruscant to make a full version, all the unreleased segments on the ftp sound great, would love to hear the hole thing.

Well,were starting to know you anyways.You need an avatar

That's where you get to practice your editing skills.Even if your new at it it's skills aquired for the future.

K.M."ok" wave editor,although some others are more skilled at it.

Im not sure if anybody has mentioned this before, but their is some unreleased stuff from the battlefront 2 game that people havent put up on the ftp yet.

Bails escape - the part where that young jedi is shot down outside the jedi temple is heard in its entirety on battlefront 2 somewhere. i heard it on the udapau level.

Confrontation With Dooku - Also there is a longer version of the duel with dooku from AOTC on their also which hasnt been put up yet. The one on the ftp is very short, the one i heard in the game is basically the whole thing from the film.

Bails escape - the part where that young jedi is shot down outside the jedi temple is heard in its entirety on battlefront 2 somewhere. i heard it on the udapau level.

Confrontation With Dooku - Also there is a longer version of the duel with dooku from AOTC on their also which hasnt been put up yet. The one on the ftp is very short, the one i heard in the game is basically the whole thing from the film.

Are you sure it's not the stuff we already have?

It's on Action 4

K.m.

What track on the FTP is "Another Happy Landing"?

it's Mus_Wookie_Quest_Success.

BTW Jack Chapple your complete score rip is still very usefull to sort all this out.

k.M.

Dry Wit and Sarcasm aside. :roll:

It was mentioned that there is still music in Battlefront II... I still have the demo disk--like I would have thrown it away after I ripped the music lol.

Is this true because I can go back and rip more. I don't recall hearing this music though

Allow me to repeat myself from earlier in this thread.

I'm going to ask people to please stop asking for the link to the download site.  I'm also going to ask Cerrabore and Skylark not to use a registration date or number of posts as a judge to see who gets in and who doesn't.  That makes it seem like this site endorses all of the trading going on, yet JWFan has absolutely nothing to do with this.  It's going to end now.

From now on I'm just going to ask that you use this thread to update people on how to edit the cues, where to place them and to post any updates on new cues from ROTS.  Any requests for where to get this music needs to be done privately.  Any requests that I find here should be ignored by other posters and will be deleted by me.

I've just deleted a number of posts from somone asking for the link and someone else refusing it, even asking why it should be given out. This should be a friendly environment, and this thread runs counter to that.

This is the second time I've had to make this request. There will not be a third time.

Neil - annoyed again

No, Bails Escape is not on the ftp i have all the tracks from there and action 4 track just has the beggining of anakin vs obi-wan, the first 19 seconds, this file must have been changed recently. Can someone put up the bail escape track. Thanks

Anybody found the near complete version of the confrontation with dooku from AOTC, i heard it during the game on the udapau level, their is a shorter version on the ftp, but the one i heard in the game was almost complete, it was nearly 2 minutes long. Started where anakin does that jump towards dooku and Ended just before anakin gets his arm cut off.

Neil, if a newcomer comes asking for it, its not the fault of the regular members, so erase his post and ban him if you want, but please dont close this thread.

BTW wasnt the roots of JWfan.net a thread like this one?

Neil, if a newcomer comes asking for it, its not the fault of the regular members, so erase his post and ban him if you want, but please dont close this thread.

This is logical, the need of the many, outweighs the need of the few...or the one.

BTW wasnt the roots of JWfan.net a thread like this one?

You must understand Manuel, that was a different time.

The Internet didn't have any laws yet, it was like the old west. Man had to steak his claim and make up the law as he saw fit.

But now all the Injuns have been slain and Ricard has set out law is stone...and it was good.

This is logical, the need of the many, outweighs the need of the few...or the one.

I have very specific requests for this thread. Either they'll be followed or they won't. I would like my wishes to be respected here.

Neil

I have very specific requests for this thread. Either they'll be followed or they won't. I would like my wishes to be respected here.

Neil

Well i know we cant share music not our own and im sorry i asked for the link too, but from time now if we regular (or veteran :P ) members follow the rules, is this thread still in jeopardy? ;)

Don't lock this thread Neil,please.It's full of newbies who don't know ewhat there talking about.If you didn't have that unatural aversion to RotS you would be protecting this thread in every way instead of threatening to close it down.

K.M.

Don't lock this thread Neil,please.It's full of newbies who don't know ewhat there talking about.If you didn't have that unatural aversion to  RotS you would be protecting this thread in every way  instead of threatening to close it down.

Or maybe I just don't like the way things are being handled here or the attitudes of some and the way new people are being treated.

Neil

I agree,the system could be better but all the previous files got hacked.People who suddenly appear with 1 post only in this thread don't have JWfan rights yet.

also,I still think you don't give a rats ass abiout the RotS unreleaswed music

K.M.