Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, this isn't relevant to the prequels. So it's going to get smothered here. I just didn't want to make a new post.

In The Empire Strikes Back, there is a snippet of The Imperial March that plays between Rieekan's suggestion of an evacuation and Leia's Instruction. It hallmarks the introduction of the Executor and Darth Vader's decision to go to Hoth. It's only about a minute long before ending on a chord note, and fading into what I believe is tracked music over Vader and Ozzel's bickering.

Reason I ask is that the SW Anthology placed the concert version of The Imperial March in that spot before the Battle of Hoth sequence, which is too long, while the 1997 SE set chose not to place a minute long butchered version of The Imperial March at that spot. I'm asking, does anyone here know how to make that snippet of Imperial March (or even have a good version of it already)?

I'm working to organize my SE soundtracks into FLAC, and I'd like to have a representative of The Imperial March in that sequence to cover the Executor's introduction, before the ten minute long Battle of Hoth track is presented.

Thanks!

I think this might also have fitted well in the new 'Where does that cue go?' thread, but it's no bother. But yes, this cue is on the SE, d1 t4 Aboard The Executor. As Luke said, the first part of the cue is unused, replaced with part of The Imperial March, but the rest of the cue from the moment the scene goes to Ozzel and Piett talking about Hoth is intact. There's then no music until Luke visits Han and Chewie to say goodbye. The part that actually lies between Rieekan's "Prepare For Ground Assault" line and Leia's instruction, where Veers advises Vader they have been detected and Ozzel is choked, is on the Battle of Hoth (d1 t5) cue as normal.

In terms of the edit, it is probably about a minute. I'm at work so I can give any proper time, but this has inspired me to do my own edit at home.

I'd also love to do an edit of "The Imperial Probe" that ends with the final portion of the what I believe is "Luke's Nocturnal Visitor" (I want that ship, not excuses) as in the film when Han returns to Echo Base. May be tracked, but I love how that fits together.

Yes, I'd like help assembling that bit of the Imperial March. If "Aboard The Executor" is what I think it is (I don't have access to any SW material at the moment), I do know that track on the soundtrack, and recognize it more from being used in the Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight PC game.

I'm not looking to replace the opening of that track or edit it at all, nor cut into the rest of that track. That track will stay intact. I'm just looking for how to edit the concert bit of T.Imp.March like in the movie.

If I was at home I'd post it but maybe Henry or someone else can post it. There's a Original Trilogy Resource thread that a fellow JWFANER did and is basically the Prequel resource but for the OT. If no one has posted it by the time I get home from school I'll post it.

ggctuk,

What was thought to be the "Gungan's Retreat" cue is part of the podrace music which goes before "Anakin Defeats Sebulba" as indicated by one of the Racer games. I'm convinced that sequence (Gungan's Retreat) was not finished the time the spotting session for the score took place. I don't think there was any music recorded for that sequence.

Your editing instructions are a bit confusing to say the least too. Just wait for Henry to get the list updated..it'll take time but it will happen.

I certainly wouldn't discourage other people from trying. I'm really busy with college work and I won't get to this stuff for a while. Besides, it's all about accuracy; finding the right sources and piecing together the cues in the right way. It has nothing to do with authorship.

I certainly wouldn't discourage other people from trying. I'm really busy with college work and I won't get to this stuff for a while. Besides, it's all about accuracy; finding the right sources and piecing together the cues in the right way. It has nothing to do with authorship.

Good point, I'd do it but I to am busy with school so it's hard to find time.

ggctuk,

What was thought to be the "Gungan's Retreat" cue is part of the podrace music which goes before "Anakin Defeats Sebulba" as indicated by one of the Racer games. I'm convinced that sequence (Gungan's Retreat) was not finished the time the spotting session for the score took place. I don't think there was any music recorded for that sequence.

As I said before this post's prior version got wiped out, don't put too much on the video game mixes.

Although, if no music was recorded for that scene, I have to wonder... did that scene exist at all in the original edit?

Was TFU re-uploaded? I no longer have the link for the material I sent to Henry Buck. So if you wanted it, could you PM him, please? Or, if it suits him, I'll have Henry Buck mirror the link and I'll accept PMs for it.

Did you get my message? I don't think there was anything in that stuff you sent me that wasn't already around somewhere. Besides, it was compressed into MP3 format. Keep in mind that I have just about everything on my computer except a few game rips like Revenge of the Sith.

ggctuk,

As I said before this post's prior version got wiped out, don't put too much on the video game mixes.

Although, if no music was recorded for that scene, I have to wonder... did that scene exist at all in the original edit?

Was TFU re-uploaded? I no longer have the link for the material I sent to Henry Buck. So if you wanted it, could you PM him, please? Or, if it suits him, I'll have Henry Buck mirror the link and I'll accept PMs for it.

I doubt music for that scene exists....and if there's any prior indication a lot of the games have featured the right order for quite a bit of the cues and that piece of particular music does seem like it would fit the podrace.

Did you get my message? I don't think there was anything in that stuff you sent me that wasn't already around somewhere. Besides, it was compressed into MP3 format. Keep in mind that I have just about everything on my computer except a few game rips like Revenge of the Sith.

Yep, I did get it. Actually, I can rip Battlefront II on my own now (and already have in wav format). LSW 2 for the PS2 is a little odd - thankfully you don't have to worry about interleave since the music is split into two files in the GAME.DAT file - one for left channel and one for right. That stuff I sent you, save for the film stuff, was basically sample stuff (the BF2 stuff came from an MP3 rip hosted on FFShrine)

@ Vosk - I am still disbelieving that there would have been nothing there. And there would have been mention of a third cue on the cue list, surely? The cue list mentions "The Race Begins" (The first part dropped from the film, in the album after Jabba Intro/Start Your Engine finishes) and Anakin Defeats Sebulba (the second part which is featured, albeit differently) in the film at the Gungan Retreat). I'm still unsure and unwilling to rearrange that (partially because if you were right, I'd have to renumber the 20 or so tracks after it, if I am right then I have to renumber them twice).

Sometimes they do leave cues in the right order, but otherwise the only cues I believe to be in the right order are cues which are whole (which many aren't). Let's take "Forest Mist" and "Armies Face Off". They're in the right order, however the gaps are bridged. Hence why I left those two as separate in my edit listing. I have not heard the other Racer Revenge files (I don't own the game so I can't rip it) so I can't vouch for it's accuracy when compiling tracks together.

Yep, I did get it. Actually, I can rip Battlefront II on my own now (and already have in wav format). LSW 2 for the PS2 is a little odd - thankfully you don't have to worry about interleave since the music is split into two files in the GAME.DAT file - one for left channel and one for right. That stuff I sent you, save for the film stuff, was basically sample stuff (the BF2 stuff came from an MP3 rip hosted on FFShrine)

Interesting. The PC version or the XBox version? The latter seems to have less distortion. Also, are you able to rip perfect loops? With the stuff I've gotten there always seem to be a few milliseconds missing, as well as pops at the ends of tracks.

Interesting. The PC version or the XBox version? The latter seems to have less distortion. Also, are you able to rip perfect loops? With the stuff I've gotten there always seem to be a few milliseconds missing, as well as pops at the ends of tracks.

I'm interested in that as well...if you were able to get perfect rips with the loops I'd be interested in having links for that.

It's the PS2 version, there are missing parts in that rip at the end of some tracks (but not all). Apparently the PC version has perfect loops in it but I don't have that so I can't check that out.

I want to also re-rip Revenge of the Sith video game (PS2), but apparently I need the PK2 ripper for that (Google searches turn up nothing) otherwise you get pops and clicks in each track, most unremovable.

lordskylark would know, but I don't since I don't own the PC version.

And what is the address of your web site?

The link is on my profile.

To everyone else:

EDIT: Episode I from BF2 is up now, will be accepting requests for that. Uploading the end credits track from LSW Original Trilogy now. If I am unavailable, I sent the stuff to Henry Buck too.

It will take a few days to do all the prequel BF2 material. I've split it into 'Episodes' so I know what goes where. There's also anotehr folder with tracks mixed from multiple episodes. This folder will be next to be uploaded as some of the TPM material is there too, but it will have to be done on Monday. It also includes the FMV tracks. In total, over 1GB of game rip all in wav format.

Can someone tell me in what game one can find an instrumantal OST version of The Ewok Feast (Nub-Nub)?

I clearly remeber it in some game I have at home, and thinking "Uhmm I can't remember anyone pointing this out!"

Actually, the reason they weren't perfect was because of Cube Media Player. I re-ripped it using MFAudio (which uses only a start offset, meaning it rips from start offset to end of file) and I got 'perfect' tracks. I had to split them up, but the result is the missing few milliseconds that Cube Media Player, for whatever reason, cuts out (and a massive .wav file). I'm uploading a new pack with these files (and a couple I missed out) for Epsidoe I. Will do Episode II tomorrow when I have completely split the files up.

As a side, where do I find the video "Introducing Nick Gillard"? Apparently it has the ending of "Confrontation with Dooku" in it. I thought it was an Episode I video, but there we go.

EDIT: Uploaded Jedi Power Battles. Didn't upload it all, because my disc was very scracthed meaning some tracks came out with massive blocks of scrambled audio. Also uploading TPM Game, and have re-uploaded the examples pack and updated the link on my site (http://ggctuk2005.webs.com/thephantommenacescore.htm).

EDIT #2: Accepting PM for that material too now. However, I'd like to request back Galactic Battlegrounds, Galaxies, Obi-Wan and the Revenge of the Sith Game. BTW When are the new TFU rips being re-uploaded? I'll redo my TPM edit lists to have the new material.

As a side, where do I find the video "Introducing Nick Gillard"? Apparently it has the ending of "Confrontation with Dooku" in it. I thought it was an Episode I video, but there we go.

It was on starwars.com some time ago... I have a recording of the stereo mix, but that isn't as perfect as a direct sound rip.

EDIT: Uploaded Jedi Power Battles. Didn't upload it all, because my disc was very scracthed meaning some tracks came out with massive blocks of scrambled audio. Also uploading TPM Game, and have re-uploaded the examples pack and updated the link on my site (http://ggctuk2005.webs.com/thephantommenacescore.htm).

I can get you Jedi Power Battles.

EDIT #2: Accepting PM for that material too now. However, I'd like to request back Galactic Battlegrounds, Galaxies, Obi-Wan and the Revenge of the Sith Game. BTW When are the new TFU rips being re-uploaded? I'll redo my TPM edit lists to have the new material.

Same, except for the Revenge of the Sith game. Also, I only have the CD audio track for Galactic Battlegrounds, but that's all you need.

I'm not sure I understand: is this just the same material of the old FTP - new rips of the same material - or sth else entirely?

Also, Henry, did you have time already to upload those better TFU rips yet? I hadn't downloaded them before they were gone.

I'm not sure I understand: is this just the same material of the old FTP - new rips of the same material - or sth else entirely?

It's pretty much new rips of new material, plus some that wasn't on the FTP for whatever reason, or was filed under something else entirely.

I've edited my TPM list to replace the old BF2 names with the new .wav files.

I've noticed with the Duel of the Fates material in BF2 that what I thought originally about DotF being composed in sections is unture - you can hear the second part beginning under, well, whatever that rattle is at the end of the track. But the designers cut the rest out (damn them). I hope for a good leak in the future of that missing stuff.

It's pretty much new rips of new material, plus some that wasn't on the FTP for whatever reason, or was filed under something else entirely.

I've edited my TPM list to replace the old BF2 names with the new .wav files.

I've noticed with the Duel of the Fates material in BF2 that what I thought originally about DotF being composed in sections is unture - you can hear the second part beginning under, well, whatever that rattle is at the end of the track. But the designers cut the rest out (damn them). I hope for a good leak in the future of that missing stuff.

I'm going to offer all of the tracks on soulseek. If you don't know what that is, find out.

I want this to be the OFFICIAL collection of files, that way there's not a bunch of different file names/lengths floating around.

They will all be in flac format.

Look for "lordskylark" on there and ask to be added to my list.

Is work still being done on editing expanded prequel scores?

Who's still working on that? What did you come up with?

At the moment I am in no position to download it (Internet is too slow),

but I'll be very interested in about a month when I get back home again.

Could anyone answering please send me a PM as well?

With my slow Internet, it's hard to find any replies through all the dozens of pages here.

yes, I think it's the kind of thing they can catch people for "pirating"

I'd rather download folders from an online storage place

My sentiments exactly. Also, P2P tends to give you a lot of viruses as well.

Is there any chance someone might have an answer to the question I asked yesterday?

Is work still being done on editing expanded prequel scores?

Who's still working on that? What did you come up with?

At the moment I am in no position to download it (Internet is too slow),

but I'll be very interested in about a month when I get back home again.

Could anyone answering please send me a PM as well?

With my slow Internet, it's hard to find any replies through all the dozens of pages here.

SoulSeek is not your regular p2p program like LimeWire or what ever...it's hard to explain the program.

SoulSeek is not your regular p2p program like LimeWire or what ever...it's hard to explain the program.

I'm using a public library network here. These computers ae set to deny access to non-approved applications, classing them as 'not valid Win32 applications'.

Did anybody notice that the Darth Sidious cue used in "Revenge of the Sith" at the bit where Sidious returns to Coruscant is actually cut down? I believe that cue is tracked from "Palpatine Instructs Anakin", since it appears in full there, and I don't believe that Return to Coruscant scene had anything else in it.

Did anybody notice that the Darth Sidious cue used in "Revenge of the Sith" at the bit where Sidious returns to Coruscant is actually cut down? I believe that cue is tracked from "Palpatine Instructs Anakin", since it appears in full there, and I don't believe that Return to Coruscant scene had anything else in it.

That cue you're talking about is "Birth Of The Twins" and Henry is right it was cut down in the film, in fact the Emperor's theme piece was even tracked into "I Am The Senate".

;) Dork! I am Vosk.

Edit: Regarding that shuttle scene they said some scenes were made specifically just for the trailer and wouldn't make it into the movie, that scene being one of them.

:dance: Dork! I am Vosk.

I think the joke was not effective.

I knew you are Vosk :)

Edit: Regarding that shuttle scene they said some scenes were made specifically just for the trailer and wouldn't make it into the movie, that scene being one of them.

Defintely GL has much money to spare.That's one spaceship shot from the OT that could have been remastered. Goodbye money...

I still can't imagine that scene being as long as the cue.

Can somebody post the new TFU file names for me? And is there any difference in the quality between the original and new rips?