Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

Ohh, right. I tried editing those two together. I think there's a reason they are alternate cues. The transition is no good.

Hey, but just wait for the DVD rip. There may be a few engine noises, but overall, this cue should be a clean rip (which includes the music for the Anakin/Padme scene - should be totally clean because it's just two people talking in a room, and if not we have some material in the mus_kashyyyk_droid_cave.mp3 file).

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,after trying I ended up sticking the Hyperspace fanfare after the force theme.It sort of works now...If we had the 5 missing seconds or so of the force theme this cue would be an answered prayer...for now it's a big tease.

K.M.

hi all i finally got tre archiver to work and i extracted 144 mp3 music files from the game itself. but my tracks are titled different? can anyone help me figure out which ones are which compared to the ones listed on the 1st page of this post? TIA!!

mus_underground_amb_a.mp3

mus_player_v_creat_c_def.mp3

mus_player_v_creat_b_death.mp3

mus_int_complete_rebel.mp3

mus_title_lp.mp3

mus_thmpk_otoh_gunga_lp.mp3

mus_int_complete_neutral.mp3

mus_reveal_dangerous_d.mp3

mus_player_v_creat_a_lp.mp3

mus_player_v_npc_b_vict.mp3

mus_player_v_npc_c_death.mp3

mus_theme_generic_b.mp3

mus_title_2_lp.mp3

mus_themequest_victory_reb.mp3

mus_themequest_victory_imp.mp3

mus_player_v_player_c_vict.mp3

mus_int_complete_imperial.mp3

mus_theme_generic_c.mp3

mus_player_v_player_b_lp.mp3

mus_themequest_fail_imp.mp3

mus_player_v_npc_b_death.mp3

mus_reveal_dangerous_a.mp3

music_autorun_lp.mp3

mus_underwater_amb_a.mp3

mus_underground_amb_b.mp3

mus_romance_b.mp3

mus_romance_a.mp3

mus_reveal_dangerous_c.mp3

mus_reveal_dangerous_b.mp3

mus_player_v_creat_b_vict.mp3

mus_jungle_amb_a.mp3

mus_leia_theme.mp3

mus_player_v_player_c_def.mp3

mus_combat_bfield_lp.mp3

mus_theed_palace_lp.mp3

mus_player_v_player_a_death.mp3

mus_desert_amb_a.mp3

mus_combat_bfield_death.mp3

mus_combat_b_lp.mp3

mus_exar_theme.mp3

int_complete_rebel.mp3

mus_acq_healer.mp3

mus_player_v_player_b_death.mp3

mus_combat_b_def.mp3

int_accepted_rebel.mp3

mus_acq_thespian.mp3

mus_desert_amb_b.mp3

mus_darth_vader_theme.mp3

mus_acq_bountyhunter.mp3

int_complete_neutral.mp3

mus_emperor_theme.mp3

mus_satisfaction_a.mp3

mus_player_v_npc_c_lp.mp3

mus_combat_c_def.mp3

mus_acq_miner.mp3

mus_swamp_amb_a.mp3

swamp_mus_lp.mp3

mus_theme_naboo.mp3

mus_combat_d_lp_alt.mp3

mus_sunset_a.mp3

mus_themequest_acc_criminal.mp3

mus_teammate_die_a.mp3

int_complete_imperial.mp3

mus_theme_dathomir.mp3

mus_player_v_player_a_vict.mp3

mus_player_v_creat_b_def.mp3

mus_combat_d_vict.mp3

grasslands_mus_lp.mp3

mus_player_v_npc_a_lp.mp3

mus_sunrise_a.mp3

mus_player_v_npc_b_lp.mp3

mus_theme_generic_a.mp3

mus_combat_bfield_vict.mp3

mus_player_v_npc_a_death.mp3

int_accepted_imperial.mp3

int_accepted_neutral.mp3

mus_theme_corellia.mp3

intro.mp3

mus_player_v_creat_c_lp.mp3

mus_player_v_creat_a_death.mp3

mus_combat_b_vict.mp3

mus_gloom_a.mp3

mus_swamp_amb_b.mp3

mus_acq_academic.mp3

mus_combat_c_lp.mp3

mus_teammate_die_c.mp3

mus_combat_d_def.mp3

mus_combat_a_vict.mp3

mus_celebration_a_lp.mp3

mus_max_rebo_song_1.mp3

mus_player_v_creat_c_death.mp3

mus_player_v_player_c_death.mp3

mus_teammate_die_b.mp3

mus_combat_c_vict.mp3

mus_themequest_acc_rebel.mp3

mus_player_v_player_a_def.mp3

mus_player_v_npc_c_def.mp3

mus_jungle_amb_b.mp3

mus_player_v_creat_c_vict.mp3

mus_lando_theme.mp3

mus_themequest_acc_imperial.mp3

mus_int_accepted_rebel.mp3

mus_player_v_player_c_lp.mp3

mus_desert_amb_a_lp.mp3

mus_themequest_acc_general.mp3

mus_themequest_fail_rebel.mp3

mus_player_v_player_b_vict.mp3

mus_max_rebo_song_2.mp3

mus_sunset_b.mp3

mus_combat_a_def.mp3

mus_player_v_creat_a_def.mp3

mus_combat_a_lp.mp3

mus_figrin_dan_song_2.mp3

mus_explore_a.mp3

mus_combat_d_lp.mp3

mus_celebration_b_lp.mp3

mus_theme_tatooine.mp3

mus_com_enter_battle.mp3

mus_player_v_player_b_def.mp3

mus_player_v_npc_b_def.mp3

mus_starport_a_lp.mp3

mus_player_v_creat_a_vict.mp3

music_autorun_new_lp.mp3

mus_humor_a.mp3

mus_combat_bfield_def.mp3

mus_player_v_player_a_lp.mp3

mus_figrin_dan_song_1.mp3

mus_underwater_amb_b.mp3

mus_player_v_creat_b_lp.mp3

mus_themequest_fail_crim.mp3

mus_sunrise_b.mp3

mus_int_accepted_imperial.mp3

mus_player_v_npc_c_vict.mp3

mus_starport_b.mp3

mus_satisfaction_b.mp3

mus_romance_c.mp3

mus_int_accepted_neutral.mp3

mus_gloom_b.mp3

mus_player_v_npc_a_vict.mp3

mus_humor_b.mp3

mus_theme_endor.mp3

mus_player_v_npc_a_def.mp3

i have the star wars galaxies: total experience pc game. doesn't that contain all 3 games? or do i have to purchase rage of the wookies, seperately? please let me know thank you!!! take care.

It should contain all three games, but the MP3s you listed seem only to be from the original SWG game. Are you sure you haven't missed any TRE files?

i used TREarchiver and i extracted the music.tre file in the star wars galaxies folder on my c drive and it extracted 144 files the ones i listed. wha should i have extracted?

Well this proves though that LucasArts has the full score for ROTS. Ugh why doesn't Lucas Licensing have Sony release the full score ROTS now....? Why do we have to wait...?

Edit: By the way maybe Battlefront II will have more unreleased ROTS material. Hopefully the full "Goodbye Old Friend" cue is there too. Let's just hope so.

Edit: By the way maybe Battlefront II will have more unreleased ROTS material.  Hopefully the full "Goodbye Old Friend" cue is there too.  Let's just hope so.

Where did you hear that? I guess it's a good thing I haven't finished and burned my ROTS edit yet!

Considering how things are going, unreleased music in Battlefront II would not surprise me at all. November 1st will be a busy day!

It wouldn't surprise me either if more unreleased ROTS music showed up in Battlefront II. Hell I would be surprised if Sony releases a 2-disc set score for ROTS in any type of format this fall...

Wishful thinking on that part I know...but hey...

If Lucasfilm knows some unreleased music leaked on the games and doesn't care anymore,then I'm sure we'll get some unreleased music.I mean some of these programmers must be dooing it on purpose.If it's not supposed to be allowed,then we've been really lucky.

I'm still slightly miffed the stupid Geneosis trailer wasn't 10 seconds longer,but hopes this cue was also used in the game in a more complete form,which logically it very well might be.

I think this thread should have a less obvious title just in case people at LFL check this board out once in a while.The less they know about us waiting for game releases JUST to rip music cues,the better.It would also decrease random net roamers finding out too and risking taking the news where it shouldn't be.

K.M.

If Lucasfilm knows some unreleased music leaked on the games and doesn't care anymore,then I'm sure we'll get some unreleased music.I mean some of these programmers must be dooing it on purpose.If it's not supposed to be allowed,then we've been really lucky.

I'm still slightly miffed the stupid Geneosis trailer wasn't 10 seconds longer,but hopes this cue was also used in the game in a more complete form,which logically it very well might be.

I think this thread should have a less obvious title just in case people at LFL check this board out once in a while.The less they know about us waiting for game releases JUST to rip music cues,the better.It would also decrease random net roamers finding out too and risking taking the news where it shouldn't be.

K.M.

I agree...

I didn't say it did have more music, I said hopefully it MIGHT have more ROTS music....read my post carefully....

Oops! :oops: Sorry about that. But, yeah, like Cerrabore said, I wouldn't be surprised to find more material. November 1st is so close, yet so far away!

Do you think we should keep it secret, KM? Maybe if enough unreleased music comes out, we can get a bootleg into wide circulation and force another UE onto Sony. But it's probably too early for that.

I'm changing the title to "Star Wars Prequel Music Resource."

How ironic a bootleg must exist to force a complete score release.I think the thread title is good now and doesn't draw attention to itself while still existing for the interested people.I'm betting a lot of unreleased music will be on the Battlefront 2 game,but we must remain stealthy about it.

K.M.

Battlefront II may be problematic in that I doubt it will be possible to extract the music (after all, Battlefront I is impossible). However, we can always get around that by simply WAVE recording the music... which means actually being good at games and getting to all the levels to hear all the music, hehe.

Small update... title clarifications for RotS (I had some weird stuff with parentheses), "Moving Things Along" and "Anakin's Dark Deeds" are now one tracked, mixed (as in the film), and the little bit of "Get 'Em, R-2!" has been incorporated into Track 2. I will be posting some ideas for a "make your own credits suite" soon.

Battlefront II may be problematic in that I doubt it will be possible to extract the music (after all, Battlefront I is impossible). However, we can always get around that by simply WAVE recording the music... which means actually being good at games and getting to all the levels to hear all the music, hehe.

Small update... title clarifications for RotS (I had some weird stuff with parentheses), "Moving Things Along" and "Anakin's Dark Deeds" are now one tracked, mixed (as in the film), and the little bit of "Get 'Em, R-2!" has been incorporated into Track 2. I will be posting some ideas for a "make your own credits suite" soon.

Hope you do post that info....I'm not quite following you on this..

I don't think many people here are fans of the credits arrangement. I've already removed "Throne Room" from my track list, but I'd also like to incorporate "The Imperial March," maybe "Lament" ... I'm still thinking on this. If anyone has an idea for their custom credits suite, please post.

3M5 Goodbye Old Friend – segment

Galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees - mus_kashyyyk_droid_cave.mp3 0:33-0:40

3M5 Goodbye Old Friend – ending segment

Galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees - mus_kashyyyk_droid_cave.mp3 1:00-end

Cerrabore, this is the beggining of the cue or the ending?

I would swear the fanfare part (battlefront trailer) goes just after the music on droid cave 1:00-end. (but i dont know if its tracked in the movie)

How ironic a bootleg must exist to force a complete score release.

If only it were so. We'd have had complete releases of ToD, HP, JP, BttF, ID4 and many others ages ago. ;)

I would swear the fanfare part (battlefront trailer) goes just after the music on droid cave 1:00-end. (but i dont know if its tracked in the movie)

"Goodbye Old Friend" runs from Obi-Wan and Anakin's farewell (this part is almost exactly the B section of "Battle of the Heroes," slowed down) to Anakin's line, "No, I promise you" (huge sustained note crescendo). So, the "droid cave" music is the end of the cue, the conversation between Anakin and Padme. "Going to Utapau" begins with the cut to Obi-Wan's starfighter.

How ironic a bootleg must exist to force a complete score release.

If only it were so. We'd have had complete releases of ToD, HP, JP, BttF, ID4 and many others ages ago. :angry:

No kidding...

"Goodbye Old Friend" runs from Obi-Wan and Anakin's farewell (this part is almost exactly the B section of "Battle of the Heroes," slowed down) to Anakin's line, "No, I promise you" (huge sustained note crescendo). So, the "droid cave" music is the end of the cue, the conversation between Anakin and Padme. "Going to Utapau" begins with the cut to Obi-Wan's starfighter.

Sorry about picking again, but the misnamed are these then:

3M5 Goodbye Old Friend - segment

Battlefront 2 "Geonosis" Trailer

3M5 Goodbye Old Friend – segment (alternate version)

Galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees - mus_rodian_quest_success.mp3 0:00-0:22

You know it's too bad that Lucas couldn't have put video portions of all the recording sessions for all 3 Prequel scores...of course have the audio and digitally mastered...

That certainly would have been a big plus..

No... those are part of the cue. "Goodbye Old Friend" consists of the two Jedi's farewell, then Obi-Wan's mission briefing and takeoff from Coruscant, then Anakin's nightmare, then his conversation with Padme.

Are you thinking of the fanfare for Obi-Wan's arrival at Utapau? Next cue, "Going to Utapau."

By the way Cerrabore....I now know what you ment about "Moving Things Along" and "Anakin's Dark Deeds" being joined up as one cue. When I first read your post about that, I was out of it and therefore confused. You're right about that one..

As far as the End Credits go....I just edited out the Throne Room music from ANH. Now that I listen to the End Credits cue with out the Throne Room music it makes it a lot easier and better to listen to the End Credits.

They should have left off the Throne Room music and put the missing 30 seconds of brass notes back into the end of "It Can't Be", the 20 seconds of music back into "Anakin's Betrayal" as well as the missing music for "Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan" when Yoda first walks into Palpatine's second office....

No... those are part of the cue. "Goodbye Old Friend" consists of the two Jedi's farewell, then Obi-Wan's mission briefing and takeoff from Coruscant, then Anakin's nightmare, then his conversation with Padme.

Are you thinking of the fanfare for Obi-Wan's arrival at Utapau? Next cue, "Going to Utapau."

Oh i see my mistake. Somehow I pictured the 'i promise you' was from the Obi-Ani dialogue. And knew a fanfare was after it, and i mistaked it. ;)

(and sorry)

They should have left off the Throne Room music and put the missing 30 seconds of brass notes back into the end of "It Can't Be", the 20 seconds of music back into "Anakin's Betrayal" as well as the missing music for "Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan" when Yoda first walks into Palpatine's second office....

This brings the question,whio the hell edits the c.d. in it's final form?If that person was remotely a fan himself things like that would never happen

k.M.

This brings the question,whio the hell edits the c.d. in it's final form?If that person was remotely a fan himself things like that would never happen

k.M.

I completely agree. I doubt it's Williams, who knows who edits the CD. The cues though as we know Williams does chose but I don't think he tells the guys to edit the cues up. If he does...well.... ;)

They also should have left the begining portion of "Birth Of The Twins" on the CD. That is the most horrible fade in I've ever heard for a Star Wars score...

k.M.

On the optimistic side, this can only mean they want the complete release to be worth buying.

But really, taking small segments of the best cues it upseting ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if this has been mentioned before (i suppose so since it very easy to spot)

Doesnt the finale from ROTS (the alderaan parts) have similar music to the middle part of the concert version of Han Solo and the Princess?

It's just a sweet two-note motif. I doubt there's an intentional relationship... especially considering Williams doesn't remember "Han Solo and the Princess," hehe.

It is my understanding that JW himself, with Ken Wannberg and his assistants, makes notations on the scores pertaining to how he wants the soundtrack album to be edited/sequenced. I know that back in the vinyl days he used to be very involved. I would assume that "the buck" still stops with him even today, as far as OST's go (probably not special editions or reissues, etc).

Er... maybe. Yeah, I actually remember getting the right edits in Battle of Utapau... not true for the march on the temple.

Well, you see, there's a split between cues on the AotC OST. The first cue is ended cleanly in the film, but the next one comes in on the album (this is the same if you insert the missing 44 seconds). So just... you know... fake the ending.

Eh-wha? I didn't include that part. If you want, use UE CD2 26 1:43-end to segue to "Lament." And that's a different track from "Battle of Utapau."

It was ages ago I saw the film, so I may have remembered this wrong - isn't there some music (not listed in the "tracked music" list (or does it replace something else) where Palpatine first says "execute order 66", just before Obi-Wan's lizard-thing is shot? And also I distinctly remember that the section of TPM UE music you listed did not end that way? Wasn't there a timpani roll or something?