The John Williams Screen Credits Site (WIP)

thx99

I updated the site with the following:

- Jaws 3-D (courtesy of "Greg1138") 1980s

- Jaws: The Revenge (courtesy of "Greg1138") 1980s

- Tom Sawyer (resized to approximate the theatrical aspect ratio) 1970s

THE JOHN WILLIAMS SCREEN CREDITS SITE

The downside to the job is that you have to know what to do and how to act quick if one of your murderers, rapists, paedophiles etc etc gets out......and know how to talk to them in a way which is psychologically correct......

Still sure you want the job?????

Hmmm...my mother has that job.

I'm sure there's a classic quote from Hitch in it's way now, Steef....

....but nevertheless, you obviously have a cool mum....

:mrgreen: to Steef's mum!

- Jaws 3-D (courtesy of "Greg1138") 1980s

- Jaws: The Revenge (courtesy of "Greg1138") 1980s

- Tom Sawyer (resized to approximate the theatrical aspect ratio) 1970s

Excellent stuff - except that you have put the wrong "Credit" screen up for Jaws: The Revenge.....

Still - the site is great! and in fact has spurred me on to get hold of SpaceCamp on DVD....

Excellent stuff - except that you have put the wrong "Credit" screen up for Jaws: The Revenge.....

Ooops!! :oops:

It is now fixed! Thanks for pointing it out.

- STAR WARS (EPISODES I, II, and IV through VI) [Additional title screen] (1970s, 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s)

- STAR WARS - EPISODE V: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (1980) [Revised Williams screen credit to include the LSO credit] (1980s)

- WAGON TRAIN [TV] (1957-1965) [Title screen] (1950s)

The theme by John Williams in the amazing stories means the main title or a theme contained into the actual episode?

The "theme" referred to in all of the credits is Williams' main title for every show (the opening sequence).

Williams scored only two episodes: "Ghost Train" (featured on my site) and "The Mission" (starring Kevin Costner).

Are these all listed chronologically? In that case, I think ANH should come before CE3K. Star Wars came out in May, but CE3K in November.

No, I decided to list them alphabetically within each year, not chronologically. And for the STAR WARS films, I chose to start the film titles with "STAR WARS - EPISODE ??: ??", and not the name of the particular film. I didn't follow suit with the Indiana Jones films, though. Hmm. As I said, this is a work in progress... :)

The theme by John Williams in the amazing stories means the main title or a theme contained into the actual episode?

The "theme" referred to in all of the credits is Williams' main title for every show (the opening sequence).

Williams scored only two episodes: "Ghost Train" (featured on my site) and "The Mission" (starring Kevin Costner).

The captures I sent you came from VHS tapes released in Europe, each featuring three episodes. So this aren't the actual episode titles (with exception of the opening one), but from the theatrical european release (on the Mission), and a direct to VHS release on the others.

Hopefully i'll send you captures from the actual episodes soon.

The captures I sent you came from VHS tapes released in Europe, each featuring three episodes. So this aren't the actual episode titles (with exception of the opening one), but from the theatrical european release (on the Mission), and a direct to VHS release on the others.

Hopefully i'll send you captures from the actual episodes soon.

:D Looking forward to them... when you get a chance, of course!

I see that there is an 8-hour mini-marathon of AMAZING STORIES being shown on the SciFi Channel Nov. 14th. Alas, neither of the Williams-scored episodes will be shown. In fact, looking at a list of the episodes that SciFi has broadcast over the past year and a half (LINK), they haven't been shown at all on SciFi!! They just keep showing the same 23 episodes over and over. Interesting and disappointing! One of my favs, "The Doll" starring John Lithgow, is also missing... :(

Doug, if I remember correctly, on the end credits of each show, Williams was always credit by the theme muisc, along with the episode composer. So, you can always get there an aditional credit for your site... But I'll try to get you that sooner :D

Doug, if I remember correctly, on the end credits of each show, Williams was always credit by the theme muisc, along with the episode composer. So, you can always get there an aditional credit for your site... But I'll try to get you that sooner  :D

Yes, that's what I recall as well! I'm hoping to capture as many of them as I can (I might have to devote an entire page just to AMAZING STORIES!!).

In fact you'll be getting a few more captures later tonight... No more Amazing Stories yet, but at least some not so usual stuff.

:D (couldn't locate a drooling smiley...)

I have updated the site with the following (thanks to Miguel!):

- THE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST (1988) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1980s

- GOODBYE, MR. CHIPS (1969) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1960s

- JFK (1991) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1990s

- THE MISSOURI BREAKS (1976) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1970s

- THE RIVER (1984) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1980s

- THE TERMINAL (2004) [Title and Williams screen credits] 2000s

- VALLEY OF THE DOLLS (1967) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1960s

I have updated the site with the following:

- ANGELA'S ASHES (1999) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1990s

- DIAMOND HEAD (1963) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1960s (captures from DVD coming soon!)

- EARTHQUAKE (1974) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1970s

I am going to add a link from my site today.

ROTFLMAO Thanks!!

FYI, David... It appears that your "Links", "Biography", and "Awards" pages are broken. I can't navigate to them from the links located at the top of your site.

This is so cool, I'm extremely impressed.

Thanks! I've had quite a few contributions from members here so the thanks goes out to them as well.

I suppose we will have Ep3 and WotW quite soon.

ROTFLMAO

I have just updated the site:

- FAR AND AWAY (1992) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1990s

- STAR WARS - EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH (2005) [Titles and Williams screen credits] 2000s

David... It appears that your "Links", "Biography", and "Awards" pages are broken.  I can't navigate to them from the links located at the top of your site.

Yes, these sections are still in work... since a few years now :roll:

But I have added a link from the first page of my site !

I have to make a link section :oops:

Yes, these sections are still in work... since a few years now  :roll:

But I have added a link from the first page of my site !

Thanks so much!! :flush:

I've updated A GUIDE FOR THE MARRIED MAN with captures from the DVD, to replace the digital cable captures (what a difference!!).

I've also replaced several captures previously submitted by others, including GILLIGAN'S ISLAND, JAWS 2, and JAWS: THE REVENGE. And I've added an "Acknowledgments" page to document those who originally submitted these images.

btw, are you also going to include credits where a piece by Williams was used? Where he didn't do original music?

I know that would be an endless list, but hey, you could try.

btw, are you also going to include credits where a piece by Williams was used? Where he didn't do original music?

I know that would be an endless list, but hey, you could try.

Well, once I get most of the obvious credits out of the way, I am considering expanding the reach a bit to other events (including the Olympics, if a screen credit even appeared - I have the Salt Lake City opening ceremonies of S-VHS and need to review them again!). However, this could be quite a daunting task as you mention.

BTW, do you have a specific example in mind? Are you referring to, for example, televised concerts which feature a Williams piece but which Williams is not conducting? I'm not quite clear on what you're referring to above.

Thanks!

I was thinking about stuff like this:

lw4jw.jpg

(from Lethal Weapon 4)

Mind you, with the amount of re-use going on with Williams' music, it would be a daunting task indeed to find screenshots like this, but it might be fun to give it a try. :)

I was thinking about stuff like this:

(from Lethal Weapon 4)

Ah, I see! :)

Mind you, with the amount of re-use going on with Williams' music, it would be a daunting task indeed to find screenshots like this, but it might be fun to give it a try. :P

Agreed! Once I have a better feel for how many are out there and how many I can get my grubby little hands on, I'll reevaluate the situation. For now, I'll keep your LW4 image in reserve.

- DIAMOND HEAD (1963) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1960s (replaced VHS captures with DVD captures, as promised)

- LOST IN SPACE [TV] (1965) [Title and Williams screen credits for "The Reluctant Stowaway" and "Island in the Sky"] 1960s

- THE MISSOURI BREAKS (1976) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1970s (replaced VHS captures with DVD captures)

I've updated the site with the following:

- AMAZING STORIES [TV] (1985-87) [Title, title and Williams screen credits for "The Mission", and music screen credits for "The Wedding Ring" (US VHS)] 1985-89

- LOST IN SPACE [TV] (1965-68) [Variations of Williams screen credits (Season One)] 1965-69

• 2 weeks later...

- STANLEY & IRIS (1990) [Title and Williams screen credits] 1990-94 (courtesy of Miguel Andrade)

- LOST IN SPACE [TV] (1965) [Titles and Williams screen credits for "The Hungry Sea" and "My Friend, Mr. Nobody"] 1965-69

- LOST IN SPACE [TV] (1965) [Three variations of screen credit (Season One)] 1965-69

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

- CINDERELLA LIBERTY (1973) [Title and two Williams screen credits] 1970-1974

- MONSIGNOR (1982) [Title and Williams screen credits] [replaced VHS captures with digital cable captures] 1980-1984

- THE TIME TUNNEL [TV] (1966-1967) [Titles and Williams screen credits for "Rendezvous With Yesterday"] 1965-69

- THE TIME TUNNEL [TV] (1966-1967) [Two variations of Williams screen credits (Season One)] 1965-69

• 4 weeks later...

- MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA (2005) [Titles and Williams screen credits] 2005-09

Coming Soon... BACHELOR FLAT (1962)

• 4 weeks later...

- VALLEY OF THE DOLLS (1967) [Titles and Williams screen credits] [replaced submitted captures with DVD captures] 1965-69

- NIXON (1995) [Title and Williams screen credits] [courtesy of Jason Sheppard] 1995-99

Still coming soon... BACHELOR FLAT (1962)

• 2 months later...

- AMAZING STORIES [TV] (1985-1987) [Title, title and Williams screen credits for "The Mission", title and Williams screen credits for "Ghost Train", and variations of the Williams screen credits (Season One)] 1985-89

- THE TIME TUNNEL (UNAIRED PILOT) [TV] (2002) [Title and Williams screen credits] 2000-04

- THE TIME TUNNEL [TV] (1966-1967) [Variation of Williams screen credits (Season One)] 1965-69

So was Williams only credited at the end of each episode for Amazing Stories?

Yes, as far as the televised versions go, based on my recollection of the broadcasts and supported by the DVDs that were recently released. At the moment, I can't recall if he was credited at the beginning or end of the episodes featured in the various VHS "Books"; I'm thinking that most of the credits appeared after the last episode, akin to a feature film.