Would it be cool if Williams got to score Poseidon remake?

Sandor

Klaus Badelt is set to score to remake of this 70's disaster film, but wouldn't it be cool if Williams would get the assignment?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one would like Williams to score another disaster film. Wondering how different he would score it nowadays. Ofcourse this would be a remake of a film he already did, but I think that would make it particulary interesting.

Indeed......I kind wish he's got to score one of the more recent ones such as Deep Impact or Volcano.....neither oif which were top class films, but Williams' take on them would have been something.....

Roald is correct, War of the Worlds isn't a disaster movie, in any way shape or form.

Its a family scifi war movie.

wrong KM, its not a disaster movie, if it were then almost all war movies would be disaster movies,

by your faulty reasoning Saving Private Ryan is a disaster movie focusing on how a small group of soilders try to make it to safety, each being systematically knocked off.

I think it'd be cool for JW to score most movies. This one is no exception. However, not having anything to do with the original (though it would be cool to hear that theme again, outside of Independance Day).

The Poseidon Adventure theme sounds very much like the beginning of the Alien theme from Independence Day.

Hmmm...i'd actually like to see that.

The ultimate Williams versus Goldsmith contest. :thumbup:

Williams could actually try and write even more nastier theme than Ave Satani. That would be hard but since Williams has been doing different styles of films for the past few years he probably could tackles horror easily. Take a Latin chant and mix it with weird orchestration and hey presto the instant horror theme (add sleigh bells for Williams effect).

how about John scoring the Omen to be released next summer on 6-6-6.

I've gotten some DVD's on clearance last week,and Omen was one them.The deal was to choose 3 DVD's for 20$.When I look at my reciept each individual DVD is written at 6,66$

K.M.Who thinks it's pretty errie.

Because Hollywood has run out of fresh ideas.

War of the Worlds, King Kong? Why not Omen. If they can cash us with old ideas they will.

Wasn't there already some sort of remake of this movie? Last month in Australia they aired "The New Poseidon Adventure". I didn't watchi it but it looked appalling.

If this is a different one, they're REALLY short for film ideas...

Klaus Badelt?!? :wave: Why??? Wolfgang Petersen, right? The same guy that did Outbreak, Air Force One, Shattered, The Perfect Storm, all fine scores with GREAT composers.

How disappointing. I was kind of expecting Horner for this film, for some reason. Bah. Oh well, a remake isn't even necessary anyway.

Greta

EDIT: Wait...maybe my hunch was right? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409182/fullcredits

Yeah, IMDB is iffy but, it actually does have Horner down there to score Poseidon there. That would make the film a bit more interesting to me. I'd love another disater score from Horner. :)

Roald, where did you read that Badelt was scoring this?

Maybe Randy Newman should score this. That way we could get a song out of it.

LOL LOL Perhaps he should even be in the lounge of the ship singing behind piano. Randy could go down with the ship LOL

Peterson is notorious for having scores dropped and replaced at the last minute.

Neil

I seem to remember seeing an early poster for Outbreak with Morricone's name on it back in the day.

Can this be true of am I just imagining things?