Post Your Munich Album Info Here

Damo

This thread will attempt to see if there are different versions of the Munich album. I know the Munich album has already been released in USA and maybe other countries but it hasn't been released in Australia yet. I have to wait till 16 January 2006. Please post where you bought your album and what the catalog number is.

Thanks!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One piece of info, the front cover has a sticker saying something like "The original score by john Williams, composer of Schindlers List", I noticed that WOTW had something like that. I wonder why the people who make it feel like they have to re-invent Williams' name. Eh....I dunno. Its fine with me. I bought the score album yestaday and like it very much. Ive only listened to tracks 1 and 6. So I'll listen more today and get more info.

Peter pettigrews theme is in the Munich track 1 title by the piano. Definatley the same intervals. Excellent score! A true masterpiece!

Number 6 (Prayer for Peace) seems to have a backward's variation of the Schindler's list theme. As JMan said there is a strong resemblence to the Peter Pettigrew theme with the piano. Number 7 (Bearing the Burden) has some themes in there that resemble the theme for Aragog in HArry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets... like the spider scuuring away.

I don't necassarily believe they are trying to "re-invent" his name rather than using a marketing tactic. They obviously must feel it would appeal to those who enjoyed Schindler's List and used that to the album's advantage.

Number 6 (Prayer for Peace) seems to have a backward's variation of the Schindler's list theme. As JMan said there is a strong resemblence to the Peter Pettigrew theme with the piano. Number 7 (Bearing the Burden) has some themes in there that resemble the theme for Aragog in HArry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets... like the spider scuuring away.

Totally agree with the spiders theme from Chamber of Secrets.

I don't necassarily believe they are trying to "re-invent" his name rather than using a marketing tactic.  They obviously must feel it would appeal to those who enjoyed Schindler's List and used that to the album's advantage.

Most likely.

I was in Best Buy today and went looking for the new John Williams score to the film Munich. I couldn't find it so I asked one of the boys in blue. He checked the computer confirmed that they had the cds in stock. He then looked where I already looked and couldn't find them. He then went in the back and finally came out saying that they did have them, but they weren't going to put them out until Friday. WTF?!

A great way to run a business. Or is that ruin?

I was in Best Buy today and went looking for the new John Williams score to the film Munich.  I couldn't find it so I asked one of the boys in blue.  He checked the computer confirmed that they had the cds in stock.  He then looked where I already looked and couldn't find them.  He then went in the back and finally came out saying that they did have them, but they weren't going to put them out until Friday.  WTF?!  

A great way to run a business.  Or is that ruin?

I wonder why? It should be released world wide.... I got mine at a Best Buy.

i had to make a trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, USA, on the date of the US release, so i stopped at my local Wal-Mart to pick up Munich. they didn't have it. i stopped at another Wal-Mart on the way, they didn't have it. In Gatlinberg, i visited 2 or 3 CD stores, still no luck. On the way back i stopped at another cd store, they didn't have it. i returned to my Wal-Mart with no avail. the next day i went to Auburn, Alabama, which is 30 minutes from my house. 3 cd stores later i still didn't have Munich. finally at my 4th stop, i found it. i was so mad that it took me so long to find it. the soundtrack made me feel a lot better.

Its because its not "mainstream" pop music. As a business "thing" they dont put it out yet because of Jessica Simpson, or Ice Cube. You know, the quality music:)

It's called "The Cinema Store" and it's actually on Upper St Martin's Lane, near Leicester Square Tube station. They always seem to get imports very early (long before the big London stores), although sometimes you will pay a small premium. Well worth a visit.

Good stuff, I'll remember it next time I'm in London.

Unfortunately the only real CD/DVD store near me (MVC) is closing down. Can't say I'm surprised though, as even now their prices are pretty ridiculous - £13-16 for soundtracks, although I was briefly tempted by Cinderella Man for £6. I've been there 3 times this week (dragged in by someone the second time) and even though the DVD shelves are slowly emptying, the scores section hasn't moved :mrgreen:

I was in Best Buy today and went looking for the new John Williams score to the film Munich.  I couldn't find it so I asked one of the boys in blue.  He checked the computer confirmed that they had the cds in stock.  He then looked where I already looked and couldn't find them.  He then went in the back and finally came out saying that they did have them, but they weren't going to put them out until Friday.  WTF?!  

A great way to run a business.  Or is that ruin?

Ask the manager why he refuses to follow the label's mandate. He should have had it on the shelves 10 days ago!

I've worked in entertainment retail before, and that's usually grounds for not getting another shipment from that label again. Imagine if they didn't put out the Mariah Carey album out for 10 days?

I don't waste my time with store clerks.

My suggestion is to go find the cart that has all of the CD/DVDs they are putting out that day and look for it on there. No one usually bothers me when I'm doing that and I almost always find the CD I'm looking for. I pull it off the cart and checkout.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone in Canada see the CD on storeshelves yet?

I want to get it at Futureshop and Best Buy,

but they don't have it up on their website (and locator) yet...

HMV tends to overprice...

I got it at HMV for 18.99$They refused the 2$ rebate coupon they were giving out earlier this month(something about it beeing the wrong sticker color :roll: )

K.M.

Ok since I just got my today, i'll post my album info.

HMV Chatswood Westfield, Sydney

Decca Records

catalog number: 987 9142