The Best of 2002

Justin

It's been over a year now since 2002, and being a very packed year for Williams, here goes! The best of Williams in 2002.

Best Score of 2002:

Best Cue of 2002:

Best Action Cue of 2002:

Best Theme of 2002:

Best Album Release of 2002:

Best Re-Release of 2002:

And my answers...

Best Score of 2002: Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets

Nomines: Star Wars: Attack of The Clones, Minority Report, Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets, Catch Me If You Can

Best Cue of 2002: The 'Float'

Nomines: Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale, Pre-Crime to the Rescue, The Dueling Club, The 'Float'

Best Action Cue of 2002: The Flying Car

Nomines: Zam the Assassin and the Chase Through Coruscant, Everybody Runs, The Flying Car, Dueling the Basilisk

Best Theme of 2002: The Chamber of Secrets

Nomines: Love Theme from Attack of the Clones, Fawkes the Phoenix, The Chamber of Secrets, Catch Me If You Can

Best Album Release of 2002: Minority Report

Nomines: Star Wars: Attack of The Clones, Minority Report, Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets, Catch Me If You Can

Best Re-Release of 2002: N/A

I don't have either The Fury or Home Alone 2 (The Fury hopefully soon) so I won't say.

BTW you don't have you use my nominations by all means pick your own.

Justin - Betting that CoS and CMIYC will recieve most of the awards.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Cue of 2002: Not sure. Psychic Truth and Finale, The Airport Scene, The 'Float'

Best Action Cue of 2002: Everybody Runs

Best Theme of 2002: Fawkes The Pheonix

Best Album Release of 2002: Minority Report

Best Re-Release of 2002: The Fury

Morlock- who think 2002 was an absolutaly fantastic year for movies and scores.

Ok, just because of the lack of new topics...:P

Nominees: Star Wars: Attack of The Clones, Minority Report, Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets, Catch Me If You Can

Best Cue of 2002: The Chamber of Secrets

Nominees: Dobby the House Elf, The Chamber of Secrets, Sean's Theme, Sean and Lara

Nominees: Zam the Assassin and the Chase Through Coruscant, The Flying Car, Cornish Pixies, On the Conveyor Belt

Best Main Theme of 2002: The Chamber of Secrets

Nominees: Love Theme from Attack of the Clones, Fawkes the Phoenix, The Chamber of Secrets, Minority Report

Best album Release of 2002: Minority Report

Nominees: Star Wars: Attack of The Clones, Minority Report, Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets, Catch Me If You Can

Best Re-Release of 2002: Home Alone 2

Nominees: E.T. The Extraterrestrial, The Fury, Home Alone 2

It comes from CMIYC, track2.

Best Score, 2002 - Minority Report. There's a lot to like about COS but its the worst score for me because of the whole adaptation aspect and reuse of a lot of material from the first HP.

Best Cue - Love Pledge and the Arena, has the best version of the love theme and an enjoyable and intereting action cue

Best Action Cue - Dueling the basilik (I think that's what its called)

Best Main Theme - Chamber of Secrets, perhaps, although its barely used in the film which makes it seem like not much of a main theme. Anyway, a great concert cue.

Best Album Release - Minority Report, I listen to this a lot and the entire score is pretty well represented.

Best Re-release - Home Alone 2

- Adam

Well, here are my thoughts!

Best Score of 2002: Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets (though I really like Catch Me If You Can)

Best Cue of 2002: The 'Float'

Nomines: Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale, Pre-Crime to the Rescue, The Dueling Club, The 'Float'

Best Action Cue of 2002: The Flying Car (though I think Zam the Assassin and the Chase Through Coruscant is really neat and shows a different side of JW with the percussion and electric guitar stuff)

Nomines: Zam the Assassin and the Chase Through Coruscant, Everybody Runs, The Flying Car, Dueling the Basilisk

Best Theme of 2002: Love Theme from Attack of the Clones (though I love all the others!)

Nomines: Love Theme from Attack of the Clones, Fawkes the Phoenix, The Chamber of Secrets, Catch Me If You Can

Best Album Release of 2002: I honestly can't decide between CoS and CMIYC!... I suppose if I had to pick one, though, I'd pick Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Best Re-Release of 2002: I have no idea. Like Justin, I don't have either, so I can't say.

Best Re-Release of 2002: I have no idea.  Like Justin, I don't have either, so I can't say.

Keep in mind, E.T. was also re-released in 2002.

Neil

Best Score of 2002: The Two Tow-uhhh... I mean, Chamber of Secrets

Best Cue of 2002: tie- "Return To Tatooine" & "Tusken Camp & The Homestead" from AOTC

Best Action Cue of 2002: "Andertons Great Escape" from Minority Report

Best Theme of 2002: "Fawkes The Phoenix" from Chamber of Secrets

Best Album Release of 2002: Chamber of Secrets

Best Score of 2002: Minority Report

Best Cue of 2002: Sean's Theme / Recollections / Confrontation with Count Dooku / Finale

Best Action Cue of 2002: Everybody Runs

Best Theme of 2002: Minority Report / Catch Me if You Can

Best Album Release of 2002: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets / Minority Report, were it not for the inferior sound

Best Re-Release of 2002: E.T., I still like E.T. more than The Fury

Best Re-Release of 2002: E.T., I still like E.T. more than The Fury

We aren't talking about the scores. We are talking about the release. :music:

BTW I'll tally up the total votes and see what wins for each category in a few days. Vote now. :)

Justin

Yeah. The 2002 E.T. adds almost nothing, except for the performance of the End credits.

And the opening titles, and the film version of "Searching for ET" and some other things that I can't recall right now.

Neil

Best Score of 2002: Catch Me if You Can

Best Cue of 2002: The Float

Best Action Cue of 2002:Zam the assassin and the chase through Coruscant

Best Theme of 2002:Fawkes the Phoenix

Best Album Release of 2002:Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Best Re-Release of 2002: I dunno

It comes from CMIYC, track2.  

- Adam

:music: Then I really have to check the track listings of my cds better...

Best Score of 2002: Attack of the Clones

Best Cue of 2002: Love Pledge and The Arena/Catch me if you Can

Best Action Cue of 2002:Zam the assassin and the chase through Coruscant

Best Theme of 2002:Fawkes the Phoenix

Best Album Release of 2002: Chamber of Secrets (great album)

Really great idea, Justin! Deciding on everything took some time.

Best Score of 2002: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Nominees: Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Minority Report, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Catch Me if You Can

Best Cue of 2002: Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale

Nominees: Minority Report, Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale, Fawkes is Reborn, Catch Me if You Can, The Float

Best Action Cue of 2002: Love Pledge and the Arena

Nominees: Zam the Assassion and the Chase Through Coruscant, Love Pledge and the Arena, Anderton's Great Escape, The Flying Car, Dueling the Basilisk

Best Theme of 2002: Fawkes the Phoenix

Nominees: Across the Stars (Love Theme from Attack of the Clones), Dobby the House Elf, The Chamber of Secrets

Best Album Release of 2002: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Nominees: Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Minority Report, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Catch Me if You Can

Best Re-Release of 2002: Home Alone II: Lost in New York

Nominees: E.T. the Extra Terrestrial, The Fury, Home Alone II: Lost in New York

Ray Barnsbury

Well so far for best score CoS leads followed by Minority Report. CMIYC and AOTC each have one vote.

Justin -Who'll do the full tally later. Keep voting all! :mrgreen:

Best Score of 2002: Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Nominees: Minority Report, Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Catch Me If You Can, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Best Cue of 2002: Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale

Nominees: Fawkes is Reborn, The Spiders, The Float, Confrontation with Dooku and Finale, Love Pledge and the Arena

Best Action Cue of 2002: Love Pledge and the Arena

Nominees: Anderton's Great Escape, Zam Wessell and the Chase Through Coruscant, Love Pledge and the Arena, The Spiders, Dueling the Basilisk

Best Theme of 2002: Across the Stars

Nominees: Catch Me If You Can, Fawkes the Phoenix, The Chamber of Secrets, Across the Stars, Minority Report

Nominees: Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Minority Report, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Best Re-Release of 2002: Home Alone 2: Lost In New York

Nominees: Home Alone 2: Lost In New York, E.T. The Extra Terrestrial, The Fury

Ted

BTW guys please limit each winner to one cue. Morlock and Merkel have more than one. (It is hard to narrow it down to just one cue. :mrgreen: )

Justin

Best Cue of 2002: Reunion of Friends

Best Action Cue of 2002: Fighting the Basilisk

Best Main Theme of 2002: Fawkes the Phoenix

Best album Release of 2002: Catch Me If You Can

BTW guys please limit each winner to one cue. Morlock and Merkel have more than one. (It is hard to narrow it down to just one cue. ;) )

Justin

I did it too... I pick as my sole "Best" cue: Return to Tatooine. Though I'm probably the only one who voted for it.

I love cues that score dialogue and Williams did an outstanding job of "scoring" Shmi's disappearance as told by Cliegg Lars. And it culminates in a reprise (or would it be a pre-prise?) of the Force Theme from "Binary Sunset".

Jeff

Best Score of 2002: Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones  

;) LOL ROTFLMAO LOL ROTFLMAO LOL ROTFLMAO LOL

edited

Joe your insightful words of wisdom have truly changed us all. Anything else you would like to share with us? Perhaps the fact that you feel the need to insult and disgust everyone instead of stating your opinion in a mature and calm manner. Because for some reason, search me why, using the phrase "wipe my ass" in an argument usual doesn't make people listen or even consider your statment to be valid. ;)

Justin

using the phrase "wipe my ass" in an argument usual doesn't make people listen or even consider your statment to be valid. ;)

It's perfectly valid. I wouldn't wipe Joe's ass at all, even with the AOTC score. ROTFLMAO

Neil

Nomines: Attack of The Clones, Minority Report, Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets, Catch Me If You Can

Best Cue of 2002: "The Spiders"

Best Action Cue of 2002: "On The Conveyor Belt"

Best Theme of 2002: "The Chamber of Secrets"

Best Re-Release of 2002: Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

Neil

Best Cue of 2002: Reunion of Friends

Best Action Cue of 2002: Dueling the Basilisk

Best Main Theme of 2002: Fawkes the Phoenix

Best album Release of 2002: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Hey,i have the same choices as Discobolus

K.M.

Joe your insightful words of wisdom have truly changed us all. Anything else you would like to share with us? Perhaps the fact that you feel the need to insult and disgust everyone instead of stating your opinion in a mature and calm manner. Because for some reason, search me why, using the phrase "wipe my ass" in an argument usual doesn't make people listen or even consider your statment to be valid. ROTFLMAO

Justin

edited ;)

by the way Justin, I have a "mature, calm and meaningful question for you that might be considered valid.

why do you have a best Album of 2002? what is the reason for such a selection, whats the difference between it and best score?

Just wondering.

Best Album is best release. Like did they include all the best music from the film, did they screw up the release by including bonus tracks which you could never find because they got the stores mixed up. That kind of thing. ;)

Justin -Who originally included Best Un-Released cue but couldn't think of any outside of AOTC.

so in other words its just an unnecessary addition to your little poll. Something that might give poor ole barely listenable MR an "award

Well let's see if I can jog my memory since we are a 1/4 of the way thru 2004....

Best Score of 2002: Minority Report

Best Cue of 2002: Across The Stars

Best Action Cue of 2002: Anderton's Great Escape

Best Theme of 2002: Fawkes the Phoenix

Best Album Release of 2002: Home Alone 2 Deluxe Edition

Best Re-Release of 2002: The Fury Deluxe Edition

Hmm... I don't actually have Minority Report, so I'm going to leave that one out of the list. Same goes for the re-releases of Home Alone 2: Lost in New York and The Fury

Best Score of 2002: Catch Me If You Can

Nominees: Catch Me If You Can, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Best Cue of 2002: Return to Tatooine

Nominees: The Arena (AotC), Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale (AotC), The Dueling Club (CoS), Return to Tatooine (AotC), The Spiders (CoS)

Nominees: The Arena (AotC), The Chase Through Coruscant (AotC), The Conveyor Belt (AotC), The Flying Car (CoS)

Best Theme of 2002: Recollections (The Father's Theme)

Nominees: Dobby's Theme (CoS), Fawkes The Phoenix (CoS), The "Float" (CMIYC), Recollections (The Father's Theme) (CMIYC)

Best Album Release of 2002: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (OST)

Nominees: Catch Me If You Can (OST), E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (20th AE), Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (OST), Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (OST)

Best Re-Release of 2002: E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial 20th Anniversary Edition

Nominees: E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (20th AE)

Best JW Acquisition of 2002: The Empire Strikes Back (SE)

Nominees: Star Wars (SE), The Empire Strikes Back (SE), Return of the Jedi (SE), Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (OST), E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (20th AE), Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (UE), Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (OST), Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (OST)

- Marc

Best Score of 2002: "Attack of the Clones"

Best Cue of 2002: "Dex's Diner"

Best Action Cue of 2002: "Confrontation with Count Dooku"

Best Theme of 2002: "Across the Stars"

Best Album Release of 2002: "Attack of the Clones"

Best Re-Release of 2002: "Attack of the Clones - 2 Disc Complete Edition"

Weebo

Best Score of 2002: Catch Me if You Can. D'uh...

Best Cue of 2002: The Float.

Best Action Cue of 2002: The Arena

Best Theme of 2002: The Chamber of Secrets

Best Re-Release of 2002: Er... Does CoS qualify as a PS re-release? Not that it would win anyway.

-Ross, for whom 2002 is a black JW year.

Ross, for whom 2002 is a black JW year.

Yeah, 4 new scores. 3 re-releases (2 of which were really good). 3 albums of Williams concert works as well. Sure sounds like a "black year" to me.

Just how would you define 2003 then?

Neil

Ross, for whom 2002 is a black JW year.

Yeah, 4 new scores. 3 re-releases (2 of which were really good). 3 albums of Williams concert works as well. Sure sounds like a "black year" to me.

Just how would you define 2003 then?

I said "for whom", that means it was "personally a black JW year". What with 28 original cd's down Italian waters and all.

The releases were all great, with the exception of Minority Report. I have yet to experience The Fury, but I have no reason to trash it. 2002 was a great year in general for John Williams. Not for me.

2003 was a good year... for forgotten Williams scores in our collections.

so in other words its just an unnecessary addition to your little poll.  Something that might give poor ole barely listenable MR an "award

I listened to it twice exactly.Except the last track which i play a lot.

K.M.

so in other words its just an unnecessary addition to your little poll.  Something that might give poor ole barely listenable MR an "award

I listened to it twice exactly.Except the last track which i play a lot.

K.M.

It is a great score, and very listenable. It just takes a dozen of times listening to it and watching the movie for the music to connect.

It is a great score, and very listenable. It just takes a dozen of times listening to it and watching the movie for the music to connect.

An Original Post by Morlock

Composed and Typed by Morlock and Zero Credibility

I waiting for someone to do that! ;)

But I thought it would be Joe, not you. Either way.

Morlock is correct. Minority Report is a very entertaining score. Even more so in the context of the film.

Justin

Morlock hornered my signature.

K.M.

Morlock hornered my signature.

K.M.

No, Steef did.

Neil