Upcoming Films

Quintus

No, there wasn't much of a meet and greet opportunity. Lucas is a lot smaller in person than I imagined him to be. Rick McCallum was there too. Oh, and Red Tails is supposed to have about one hour of dogfighting scenes according to Lucas.

It does, but I can guess the script already.

of course you can because history is already written.

first set of reviews are in for Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and they are quite good. I must say I'm surprised.

But I will be happy if it is a good film.

I hope Final Destination 5 is as good as the previews suggest. The set up in that preview make me cringe in a good way.

I think Red Tails looks really cheesy, like Pearl Harbour.

I disagree, it looks like it will be historically accurate. The aerial sequences look fantastic, and Terrance Howard looks and sounds the part.

I'm sure it'll be a respectful retelling, albeit doused in preachy syrup and heavy-handed emotional execution. The casting of Cuba Gooding Jr points to it.

Sorry Joey, I just have an inherent hatred of anything with Lucas' name attached to it.

I squinted at the poster and see that it is. Forgot that Milla Jovovich and Orlando Bloom are in it too!

• 2 weeks later...

Yet ANOTHER alien invasion movie is coming out!

As tired of the premise as I am, this one at least looks like it has some original ideas:

It's called The Darkest Hour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf9RIKbKpIo

Here's a link to the trailer in quicktime

http://www.dreadcent...as-darkest-hour

Eh, the man is invested in Conan and wants to build a franchise.

He is right, there are a lot of people who have never seen Milius' original 1982 film. I never did, and I'm pushing 30. That's right: one of my absolute favorite scores belongs to a movie I've never seen, so for me, the track titles mean very little, I have no idea what's going on, and I still love every moment of music.

A new origin story for Conan makes a lot more sense than an origin story for Spider-Man, which is much newer.

I'm more thinking in terms of things like needing 3D, because otherwise it's just a guy with a big sword, and audiences are too sophisticated for that; or that Conan's appeal is because we feel squashed by civilization and wish the barbarians would come back and make it all better and free with their swords and violence. :rolleyes:

He is right, there are a lot of people who have never seen Milius' original 1982 film. I never did, and I'm pushing 30. That's right: one of my absolute favorite scores belongs to a movie I've never seen, so for me, the track titles mean very little, I have no idea what's going on, and I still love every moment of music.

Same here.