Upcoming Films

Quintus

Another article blamed it on all the CGI werewolves and other Native American spiritual beasts that it was going to have, and when Cowboys and Aliens tanked, Disney blinked and pulled the plug.

Which is remarkable considering that Disney didn't let the precedent that "modern day pirate movies don't do well" set by a few turds in the 90s stop their POTC franchise from having such a smashing first entry.

Maybe this one really sucked.

• 1 month later...

in-time-movie-poster-650x906.jpg

From the director who brought you Gattaca ...

And look, it's with Justin and that chick from Big Love (HBO) or perhaps better known as Red Riding Hood. Hmm, me gonna watch this.

Just watched the trailer for In Time. Looks pretty good. It's been a while since I've seen a 4 minute trailer... but after this one was over, it didn't feel like it was 4 minutes, felt like a normal trailer. I also didn't feel like it gave too much away. I am intrigued to see where the story goes. Seems kind of Philip K Dick esque to me.

Not sure how I feel about JT as the lead in this type of movie (I've liked him in any supporting role I've ever seen him in, and as the host of SNL). But the rest of the cast all looked strong.

I like sci fi movies that are actually sci fi movies, and not just action movies dressed up in a sci fi world.

Not sure how I feel about JT as the lead in this type of movie (I've liked him in any supporting role I've ever seen him in, and as the host of SNL).

I too like JT in all the supporting and cameo roles that I've seen him play so far. He was the best thing in Kelly's Southland Tales.

large_homer.drool.jpg

Red ... Riding ... Hood ...

• 3 weeks later...

That's because he hasn't found a big movie role since to connect with his throngs of adoring female fans. But when we last left him, he was the new Davy Jones, and the post-credits addendum to the third movie wrapped up his arc nicely, albeit 10 years into the future.

Notwithstanding the ten year gap in which to tell stories, didn't they beat the Davy Jones dead fish to death through two movies?

A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD---20th Century Fox announced the official title for the fifth movie in the series which has John McClane traveling to Russia where his son has been arrested. John Moore (MAX PAYNE) is the director. Premier is February 14, 2013.

JOHN CARTER---the Disney movie based on Edgar Rice Burrough's JOHN CARTER OF MARS had 18 days of reshoots following a critique by Pixar. Disney paid for the reshoots which it hopes will pay off box office-wise because of the movie's almost $300 million budget. A July prescreening of an unfinished version in Portland, Oregon scored an impressive "good" or "excellent" from 75% of the audience. Taylor Kitsch, Willem Dafoe, Lynn Collins and Thomas Haden Church star.

A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD---20th Century Fox announced the official title for the fifth movie in the series which has John McClane traveling to Russia where his son has been arrested. John Moore (MAX PAYNE) is the director. Premier is February 14, 2013.

JOHN CARTER---the Disney movie based on Edgar Rice Burrough's JOHN CARTER OF MARS had 18 days of reshoots following a critique by Pixar. Disney paid for the reshoots which it hopes will pay off box office-wise because of the movie's almost $300 million budget. A July prescreening of an unfinished version in Portland, Oregon scored an impressive "good" or "excellent" from 75% of the audience. Taylor Kitsch, Willem Dafoe, Lynn Collins and Thomas Haden Church star.

the die hard franchise needs to die hard.

You didn't see part 4? It answered your wish.

I did unfortunately, yet it didn't die.

A 5th Die Hard film? What are they going to make a six movie franchise or something?

I liked parts of Live Free Or Die Hard but it still wasn't quite the same, I guess...feeling as the original three had. It just wasn't quite on the same level as the original three.

You could tell they got the "A Good Day To Die" part from Star Trek.

A 5th Die Hard film? What are they going to make a six movie franchise or something?

I liked parts of Live Free Or Die Hard but it still wasn't quite the same, I guess...feeling as the original three had. It just wasn't quite on the same level as the original three.

You could tell they got the "A Good Day To Die" part from Star Trek.

Maybe the story is that his wife is dating a Star Trek fan, and terrorists want to hold the building hosting the Star Trek convention hostage :P

Make far more sense than hiring Beltrami. Especially in the ake of Kamen's death. But then again, that wasn't as bad as greenlighting "Final Destination 4" mere days after Shirley Walker's death.

Make far more sense than hiring Beltrami. Especially in the ake of Kamen's death. But then again, that wasn't as bad as greenlighting "Final Destination 4" mere days after Shirley Walker's death.

I don't see a problem with that. Composers are usually the last thing on a producer's mind. My point is, just because someone worked with Kamen doesn't automatically make them qualified for the job. Beltrami has a great track record of continuing franchises.

I don't see a problem with that. Composers are usually the last thing on a producer's mind. My point is, just because someone worked with Kamen doesn't automatically make them qualified for the job. Beltrami has a great track record of continuing franchises.

If that were true, she wouldn't have been hired for all three films prior to the 4th installement.

I can name probably a dozen films where a compsoer was hired, but passed away before the film's release, and received a "Special thanks" in the end credits. Off the top of my head, Poledouris and Nitzsche both got such credits.