What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Still need to track down the second season at some point. 

I watched the first episode of the Cosmos remake on Netflix this evening, on a whim. This might be the nicest Alan Silvestri music I've heard in well over a decade. 

Speaking of good characters. Great characters, actually. Characters I love every last one of, I watched Deep Space Nine.

I just think that Kira Nerys has the greatest hair of all time.

1 hour ago, WojinPA said:

I'll rewatch it again too someday. Really good characters. 

Yeah but the writing is all over the place. It's sporadically good but not enough for me to ever want to sit through the whole thing again. Those first two seasons with the monster of the week formula were awful. They spent too much time on some things and not enough on others. 

1 hour ago, Not Mr. Big said:

I loved Stranger Things while watching it but the more I think about it, the hokier it seems in retrospect.  

I think it's more than its references. The characters are well rounded, the setting well developed, and the mythology intriguing. In many ways it actually uses the tropes to subvert them. 

Please. Koray is absolutely right, it seems like a battery of writers concocted this without consulting with each other. The monster stuff was dreadful, they should have stayed with the 'Fury's concept of the telekinetic children. 'Subversion' of clichés this certainly wasn't.

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Sorry, I obviously meant the third then. It's probably because there was only a total of six episodes over the first two. 

Quint, there is no third season of Black Mirror yet. That's what's premiering this October.

Finished S1 of Bloodline, it was most enjoyable. Pretty consistent quality wise, with just a couple of minor occurrences which one could say loosened it up a little overall, but this is still a very fine drama with an excellent cast throughout (Ben Mendelsohn and Kyle Chandler are most noteworthy). We're going to have a break with something else now before beginning the second season, because the slow burn pot boiler style of Bloodline can take a bit of dedication to get through. It is very good at what it does, but I fancy a faster paced alternative for a few weeks. In the meantime I'm still trying to work out if the curious structural choices the writers made perhaps undermined the devastating payoff potential of the story's finale; or it could be that it was a bold and smart move to show the dramatic climax right at the very beginning of the whole thing, in episode one, and then trust in the writing to hook the viewer into wanting to to discover exactly how events reach that terrible point over the following 12 episodes. All told the design made for a thoroughly absorbing family epic. Recommended. 

12DDngM.jpg

The juxtaposition of color was amazing in that sequence.

Such a cinematic show

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Is it network TV, or Golden Age?

Network doing Golden Age. The series makes little or no concessions. Incredibly well written too (I'm referring to the dialogue).

It's as violent and cinematic as a premium cable show, yet somehow it aired on network TV.

It's not really done in the same style as the films (which all had different styles anyway).

It's first and foremost a character study, the plot exists to examine how relationships between the different characters change.

And its just bloody cinematic as fuck.  Some great cinematography, some really cool shots and scene transitions.

And the most hardcore lesbian sex to ever grace network tv in season 3....

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Hmmm...

Do you like the films Lee? Think before you answer. It's important.

Silence of the Lambs and Manhunt are the only films in the series worth watching. 

And what do you know about this subject anyway? 

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's not really done in the same style as the films (which all had different styles anyway).

Hmmm...I guess...

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's first and foremost a character study, the plot exists to examine how relationships between the different characters change.

Ok, might be interesting I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

And its just bloody cinematic as fuck.  Some great cinematography, some really cool shots and scene transitions.

Hardly unusual in this day and age. I need more when I watch a show, some real substance.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm there!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Hardly unusual in this day and age. I need more when I watch a show, some real substance.

The cinematography and directing style of Hannibal is a step above anything else on TV, though.  It's not what you think.

50 minutes ago, Jay said:

And you'll never look at pigs the same way again....

11 minutes ago, Lonnegan said:

Okay, shall we change the subject to hyperdrives and impending vortex dilemmas? 

Do you really wanna continue that lame old joke yet again?

I asked you a serious question because I know you and we share similar viewing sensibilities. If you can't be bothered then alright. But please dont dredge up the old "Stiff only watches Star Trek and Doctor Who."

Alex doesnt know better, you do!

I was winding you up you know I was! :remybussi:

30 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

And you'll never look at pigs the same way again....

Black Mirror episode 1?

Jason couldn't handle it!