What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

They played completely different characters too, though.  Kate Mara played a newspaper journalist trying to take him down, Neve Campbell played the campaign manager for Clair's senate run and then Frank's presidential re-election run.

11 hours ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

Westworld (all episodes)

Tits, bums, fannies, dicky doos. Geez this show leaves nothing to the imagination. Makes me think people really do look better with clothes on. Just thank god we didn't get to see Anthony Hopkins in the noodle, that would have been more traumatic than anything these glorified blow up dolls had to endure.

Oh and the show, yeah it was alright. Had all that "robot discovers sentience" bullshit that science fiction storytellers like to milk for all it's worth. Only this time it's done with a weird hybrid of Abrams/Nolan branded complexity and stylisation. Is this thing really telling me anything I haven't seen before in other crazy-robot-on-the-loose classics?

It's an engrossing show nonetheless, but in future I think I'll stick with a short circuited Yul Brynner hunting guests for kicks.

I watched the first episode.It's not golden age material but definitely watchable. At one point I thought, hey, that was straight from Blade Runner! I do miss the other theme parks.

8 minutes ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

... then what does?

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

The Love Boat

The Bold & The Beautiful

Falcon Crest

The A-Team

Happy now, Drax?

12 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

The Love Boat

The Bold & The Beautiful

Falcon Crest

The A-Team

Happy now, Drax?

Buffy and Bold maybe, but I don't know the others well.

Do people just watch Breaking Bad and think "I proclaim this to be the Golden Age of television"?

GOT S7E5.

I don't know, somehow was expecting more...

I really liked Arya and Sansa's moment together discussing Jon Snow (not) returning. Am also sensing it won't be long before I finally discover what Littlefinger is up to, but Arya might be playing with fire by getting in his way.

Really getting tired of Kit Harrington.

It also seems a little far-fetched for Varys and Tyrion to suggest Dany won't become her father IF she's given the right counsel. She's not that unhinged.

Other than that, I really don't like where the Lannister storyline is going: it can't become a truce in which Cersei survives. They can become a band of brothers for me, but not before that woman is out of the game.

The ending was also not that good, except the hound going 'will you shut your hole'?

18 hours ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

Oh and the show, yeah it was alright. Had all that "robot discovers sentience" bullshit that science fiction storytellers like to milk for all it's worth. Only this time it's done with a weird hybrid of Abrams/Nolan branded complexity and stylisation. Is this thing really telling me anything I haven't seen before in other crazy-robot-on-the-loose classics?

It's also handling it all in a reasonably plausible manner. From code displays to AI concepts, nothing stood out to me (as a computer science graduate who took a couple of cognitive science courses) as obviously wrong or decidedly far-fetched. And that's something that's very rare in film and TV.

52 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Not nice for her, but I'll never understand why people attention seek on social media over this sort of awful personal situation. 

I don't know. Sometimes celebrities are successful when they use these circumstances to create a public platform for advocacy. Jimmy Kimmel seems to be doing a good job in support of public health care after his son's crisis.

8 hours ago, Quintus said:

I don't doubt that. But I'm dubious of celeb motivations, even in the worst of times. 

Given Veep's grim take on public figures, no wonder. But i guess the pro's outweigh the con's in this situation.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

But...but...the season 6 finale music, man!

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

And the opener to the King's Landing gunpowder plot. Big wow. 

That's exactly what Steef just mentioned.

Just now, Stefancos said:

That was genuinely a good piece of film/TV music, but it led to nothing. I can't recall anything from last seasons score.

Oh I can remember the music for when the dead are pouring through the demolished Wall.  But it is not a happy memory.

Oh God, I listened to a podcast yesterday where they talked about the Elfman interview.  I nearly threw my phone across the room when the host said "The Superman theme is one of my 5 favorite John Williams songs."

JWFan is an oasis in the desert.

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Oh God, I listened to a podcast yesterday where they talked about the Elfman interview.  I nearly threw my phone across the room when the host said "The Superman theme is one of my 5 favorite John Williams songs."

JWFan is an oasis in the desert.

But most Bedouins don't like this oasis for some reason...

Just now, BloodBoal said:

But most Bedouins don't like this oasis for some reason...

Well you have to be ok with the fact that certain residents sometimes pee in the spring.  Other than that it's perfect!

Riverdale

It's a Twin Peaks ripoff from the perspective of the kids. The broad who plays the music teacher is so frickin' hot. So is Veronica, who has an amazing body. The show is lacking in tits, but makes up for that with everything else.

veronica%252C+all+you+have+to+say.gif

On 9/29/2017 at 1:19 PM, Nick1066 said:

So what? It's a great song. Margot Kidder rocks it!

She's in everything now. That shitty Scorsese Leo movie, Tarzan, Suicide Squad, Untitled Manson Family Project. Another great Australian export.

I got through about 25 minutes of Riverdale before hitting the BACK button on the remote. I absolutely wasn't it's demographic. 

I'm surprised you and Jerry haven't made a thread about it yet. 

The first couple of episodes of The Last on Earth. Maybe it has potential. The 20 min pilot was very quickly turning me off, but luckily I suppose, the second instalment automatically played immediately after it ended - with no pause. So we plodded on with it. Another 20 mins later and it seems there might be reason enough to carry on. The difficult first intro into new TV comedy is at least out of the way. 

9 minutes ago, Quintus said:

The first couple of episodes of The Last on Earth. Maybe it has potential. The 20 min pilot was very quickly turning me off, but luckily I suppose, the second instalment automatically played immediately after it ended - with no pause. So we plodded on with it. Another 20 mins later and it seems there might be reason enough to carry on. The difficult first intro into new TV comedy is at least out of the way. 

I tried some episodes 2 years before. Nah...