I doubt that would come out as a 3CD set, nor would Doug/Roger be so excited about it they'd talk about it beforehand / hype it up.  It's guaranteed to be something old.

Here's the quotes about the 3CD Disney set, for those who didn't click through Amer's post

I guess it's cheating - or perhaps just teasing folks - to say what I'm listening to now is a 9-minute action sequence from a massive two-hour score I'm currently editing and mastering. All in magnificent stereo. With no less than six French horns, four trumpets, four trombones and a tuba taking up the back row of the orchestra! Yep, it's a loud one. A powerhouse, to be sure... and hopefully coming your way before too many moons pass. (Because I'm sorta getting my fill of this one and am anxious to move on to my next project, still another action-packed masterpiece, this time from the Disney vaults.)

Yes, I teased about a massive score with a lot of brass and indeed was feeling ready to move on to my next project from Disney, ironically an equally big project. But to keep everyone on their toes, neither the one I teased about (now completed) nor the subsequent Disney score (currently assembled into a 3-CD set and being mastered as I write) are the projects under discussion in this thread. Yep. That's right. The two titles Roger gives a nod to (both epics in my opinion) are NOT the big projects I alluded to, for Warner Bros. and Disney respectively. Bottom line: Intrada has a number of pretty exciting releases to bring out over the next three months or thereabouts... so stay tuned.

The first score Doug talks about in these quotes is of course Kamen's Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves from WB vaults, the second is the Disney 3CD coming out on Tuesday.

I've only seen the live version, and it's not a typical animation score. I'm sure that's already got a comprehensive release and there's no possible way you'd fill 3 CDs.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Here's the quotes about what the 3CD Disney set is, for those who didn't click through Amer's post

Basically, it's a really long action score from a Disney film.

8 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Basically, it's a really long action score from a Disney film.

Yep!

An "Action-packed masterpiece" from the Disney Vaults that takes 3 CDs to release... hmmmmmmm

COULD be Willow, with complete score on discs 1 and 2, and OST on disc 3.

BUTTT, I'm guessing its likely something from the 50s-70s released by Disney proper, that I won't be familiar with.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well, that film is only 84 minutes, so it doesn't seem likely it would need a 3CD set.

Agreed, unless they found a lot of outtakes and alternates. And I'd be surprised if it's in stereo, although Disney were pioneering stereo scores long before everyone else.

Could it be a Menken score? It would be fitting to give him the attention with his return to scoring at Disney.

6 minutes ago, publicist said:

It's Roger Rabbit (unlikely, with the description), Mighty Joe Young (fits the Disney/action clue best) or Mulan.

Doug would not describe any of those as an "Action Packed Masterpiece" I don't think.  Certainly no one would describe Roger Rabbit that way.  None of those 3 would need 3 discs.  

Mulan will come out on Disney's Legacy collection and not Intrada themselves I'm fairly certain.

I think "from the Disney vaults' is something he'd only say for stuff older than the 90s, probably older than the 80s.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I think "from the Disney vaults' is something he'd only say for stuff older than the 90s.

There really are no Disney scores - not long released - from that time that classify. I say 90's.

Hmmm, true. 

Willow seems the most likely to me, even though Disney had nothing to do with it at the time, and it doesn't' seem like including the OST on disc 3 would be necessary at all, or that there are a bunch of alternates recorded. 

I dunno, I'm stumped.

26 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Oh, I always thought that was Disney. And Sharky made the mistake first! (how many damn versions are there?)

Jurrasic Shark is not Sharky....

Three Musketeers (really mediocre Kamen), Jungle Book (Poledouris, better)...3 CDs...doubtful. Though i don't know if any of those or others mentioned maybe had a score rejected, making the 3 disc scenario possible.

Most older Disney films ran around 90 to 100 minutes, I can’t recall one that was really long. But then again, if the movie had a rejected score or underwent massive changes, or perhaps there has already been an album release that will included, who knows.

HISTK complete score fits on one disc with room to spare, and that score also never got an OST.  The first Intrada edition was the premiere of the score on CD.

Roger just poked his head into the FSM thread about this title with an offer:

I'm not sure what more I could add at this point which wouldn't be overly generous...so I'll answer one question. But it can't be who the composer is, the year, or the title of the film. As I suspect there will be multiple questions, I will either answer the first one I see or review the questions and decide which to answer that will make you work a littler hard. We'll just see...

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=124551&forumID=1&archive=0

So, post your questions for him there and he might answer one!