What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

18 hours ago, Quintus said:

That's by far the best approach.

I was seriously impressed with that piece when I played last night. The Destiny scores have always been hit or miss for me though. There'll be a superb piece like that and then some generic droning crap for the Hive. 

That's suitable ambience though, never really intend to be listened to as music on an album. I've always gotten good at knowing which tracks to skip with the Halo and Destiny soundtracks, both of which have their ample share of strange alien synth mumblings and electric bombast. During the game itself is plenty fine for that.

Even if I play games as fast as I can (22 titles so far this year) , I'm still very late in recent releases. About  a year worth of games before I even get to yet to Future releases

I still have to play (released games):

Valkyria Revolution
Persona 5

Mass Effect Andromeda

The Surge

Prey

Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Atelier Firis

Dark Rose Valkyrie

Final fantasy XII Remaster

Pillars of Eternity

Portal Knights

Akiba's Beat

Shiness The Lightning Kingdom

Final Fantasy XV

Horizon Zero Dawn

Fallout 4

Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 2

Why does the MB skip a line when I type a list and I can't correct it?

12 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

I wouldn't call it ambience when it's so loud and in your face. Just poor action writing, in my opinion.

The great menu music is what I would call ambient. 

Action writing? More like they just laid a techno rave track over it. It is obnoxious as hell! But it was quite suitable for the "We've woken the Hive!" assault on the player, as the waves of Thrall come at them. I must have farmed that area a hundred times, so I think I know the exact sound you're referring to. I wouldn't wish that music on my worst enemy, but I still think it was effective during a hectic gameplay moment. Halo had its fair share of similar tracks, and I always skip 'em.

I was tempted to get a copy of Pillars of Eternity, but after reading reviews it's so dead set of replicating a 90's isometric game I might be put off

at least Divinity Original Sin was a "modern take" on an isometric RPG

20 hours ago, Quintus said:

Action writing? More like they just laid a techno rave track over it. It is obnoxious as hell! But it was quite suitable for the "We've woken the Hive!" assault on the player, as the waves of Thrall come at them. I must have farmed that area a hundred times, so I think I know the exact sound you're referring to. I wouldn't wish that music on my worst enemy, but I still think it was effective during a hectic gameplay moment. Halo had its fair share of similar tracks, and I always skip 'em.

Destiny undoubtedly has those grating moments, but I find that I have warmed to certain Halo tracks that I used to write off as too noisy or whatever.  There's a lot of oddly beautiful dark ambient stuff there. 

By the way, those screenshots look great. I've somehow not seen anything of this game yet.  Not trying to go in fresh, I just didn't follow it I guess. Really looking forward to it. 

4 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

The Destiny 2 grind has taken its hold on me. I was up until 4am trying to get my power as high as I could. I'm at 230 now, but still a ways off from being able to tackle the raid. 

I played it solid for 3 days (Kate has been extremely good about it, I don't know how I've gotten away with it really, but I prepared her long in advance what it is to be a Destiny widow. But she knows it's only for launch week). I'm 270 and have managed to beat the nightfall, so I'm expecting to be raid ready as it goes live next week.

I missed it first time around and always regretted it (much like Beyond Good & Evil, which I eventually played years later). It's supposed to be a sublime gem of game, in the vein of Zelda.

Styx shards of darkness is more of a pure stealth game than  dishonored. If you get into fights your basically dead. and some enemies can't be assassinated. It's also a big game. I don't trust those play through estimates anymore that say a game is 10 hours when it's really 30-35 .It's really hard too

We spent 2 hours in the Destiny 2 Leviathan raid last night, before getting stuck on the complex mechanics of the second encounter. Some sort of opulent alien bathhouse with enormous chains and soaps which need to be lowered and dissolved in weird purple liquid. It was challenging to synchronise the roles of the 6 of us right, so we're gonna continue on Sunday. 

19 hours ago, Quintus said:

We spent 2 hours in the Destiny 2 Leviathan raid last night, before getting stuck on the complex mechanics of the second encounter. Some sort of opulent alien bathhouse with enormous chains and soaps which need to be lowered and dissolved in weird purple liquid. It was challenging to synchronise the roles of the 6 of us right, so we're gonna continue on Sunday. 

Have you played Trials yet? Apparently it's much easier this time around. 

I'll try out the Raid this weekend when more of the clan is online. In the meantime I've been building up a Warlock and Hunter on the side. 

Im sitting at a comfortable 284 with my Titan. 

I'm planning on sticking with my 'main' this time around (Warlock). I maxed out all three classes in D1, but it was a huge timesink to do them, and I didn't like that Destiny stopped me from playing other games which came out long after the launch of Destiny, so this time when I feel I've exhausted the current content (feels like a few weeks away), I'll have a break and play something else. I'll still raid and Crucible, when the gang need me to.

Haven't trialed Trials yet. I believe you and I are around the same level though. You must be enjoying it.

I’m still all in on Destiny 2, at the moment. Didn’t get a chance to try the Raid last week but was able to get through the wolves section last night. Bungie’s level design here must really be commended, it’s fantastic stuff. Also managed to beat the Nightfall with 14 seconds left. Talk about a close call!

Attempted to finish the Raid with my clan last night. Got our asses kicked on the final boss. Prob spent a good 3 hours at it before I had to call it quits and go to sleep. Some of the wipes were completely due to player error, but more than half of the time it was because of the game itself, so it became really frustrating. We got so close multiple times but a server kick would happen to one player or one of us would spawn out of bounds in the other realm. A bit disappointing because up until the boss all of it was really fun and impressive. 

Yeah there are a number of quirks and weird occurrences which need ironing out fast. It reminds me of the Vault of Glass in that way, which I don't believe was ever fully fixed. King's Fall is the only raid which felt super polished out of the gate. We're yet to beat the Leviathan boss too, but there's always next week. I'm not too bothered because the rewards are weak considering they're raid level. I really only want the rocket launcher. Actually, I think this raid has been weak overall, with only the Gauntlet section standing out as being something new and exciting to me. Crota gets a bit of a bad wrap with players, but I don't think there's anything in the Leviathan to match the thrill of beating the beacons in the dark for the very first time. 

The Mummy Demastered looks really cool.  WayForward made a throwback licensed Metroidvania (much like their DS game Aliens Infestation).  They always make pretty good games.

https://www.polygon.com/features/2017/9/25/16353996/mummy-demastered-wayforward-universal-monsters

6 hours ago, Quintus said:

Yeah there are a number of quirks and weird occurrences which need ironing out fast. It reminds me of the Vault of Glass in that way, which I don't believe was ever fully fixed. King's Fall is the only raid which felt super polished out of the gate. We're yet to beat the Leviathan boss too, but there's always next week. I'm not too bothered because the rewards are weak considering they're raid level. I really only want the rocket launcher. Actually, I think this raid has been weak overall, with only the Gauntlet section standing out as being something new and exciting to me. Crota gets a bit of a bad wrap with players, but I don't think there's anything in the Leviathan to match the thrill of beating the beacons in the dark for the very first time. 

I like that they upped the scale and presentation to 11. It just feels awesome being in these arenas, and yes, The Gauntlet was my favorite part too. Still enjoyed the Bathhouse and the dogs though. The boss fight is thrilling when you got the full team firing on all cylinders, but then it’s a total buzzkill when some stupid bug causes a wipe. 

As an aside, I never thought I’d miss heavy ammo consumables until this final portion where even primary ammo drops are super rare. Multiple times I had no bullets on all weapons. 

Oh yea, Nintendo has so far completely botched online multiplayer on the Switch, which should be no surprise to anyone considering they've never gotten it right.  Hopefully next year's paid online service is when they finally get their shit together on that front