The Infamous Phantom Menace Ultimate Edition

Jar Jar

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:14 PM, Manakin Skywalker said:

The first release I got was riddled with loud skips... did anyone else have that problem with their UE CD's? I saw a couple people in the Amazon reviews saying the same thing.

Yes absolutely. There definitely was a faulty mastered Batch out there. I had to reorder several times from Amazon to get working CDs.

3 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

It's not a rot issue, just a faulty batch.

Exactly. It ripped without any problems or errors, but the MP3s then had pitch sounds and static in it. Over time I had several of those and the patterns were always the same. And this was years after release and they still tried to sell that garbage...  :(

But I wanted to own that release - so I was persistent... 

There is so much great music left out of the UE. Only about the first half of this action cue "Laser Fight" is present, for instance. Why they threw out the amazing rendition of the droid march that follows, I have no idea.

It's an isolated score. They were heavily criticized by, well, us, but technically it is every note of music composed for the movie that was in the movie. It even had some extra bits.

I have a certain affection for it. Maybe nostalgia. I remember the ads for it in the Star Wars Insider magazine and seeing the blue cover in Borders and wanting it badly.

16 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

But it's not the film version of the cue! We can't relive that scene!

True. I forgot about that. It's the only real oddity on the set.