Greg1138

The Doctor Who Thread.....

Did anyone else buy the soundtrack?

Kind of works more as a concept album of mostly electronic music with a few sections of orchestral work. It's definitely not going to appeal to those attached to Gold's full-blooded orchestral style - totally different type of scoring. I've found it a good for making car journeys a little more dramatic.

Highlights for me are everything from Rosa (I'd buy a full episode score in an instant), The Tsuranga Conundrum, the NY special, and Thirteen. Akinola's 'Doctor' theme is one area where I think he's beaten Gold - I absolutely love her theme.

I had a pipe dream that they might celebrate his first season with an isolated score on the DVD (like Arnold's first Bond score was marked with an iso score) but I seriously doubt that'll happen.

18 hours ago, Richard said:

They're not always homicidal mutters, Sweep. Have you seen EVIL OF THE DALEKS?

Tom Baker is The Doctor!

I haven't, no ... isn't that one of the lost Troughtons? 

Yes, yes he is. To me, the Doctors can be divided into those born to play it (e.g. Pertwee, T. Baker, Tennant) and those who gave it a shot (e.g. Davison, C. Baker, Eccleston).

On 1/26/2019 at 4:45 AM, Pieter_Boelen said:

So now there is a release of the series 9 and 11 soundtracks, but not the series 10 one. Right?

Bit of a curious release order...

Hopefully we get a release sometime in 2019. It’d be something to look forward to since there will be no new series this year.

I’m thinking it will be a 3 disc set this time.

1 for Doctor Mysterio and the other 2 discs for series 10 that will also include Twice Upon a Time. I don’t think there was a lot of new music for that episode to justify a 4th disc. Maybe 6 new tracks?

Or maybe it will be a 4 disc set. It might contain previously unreleased tracks from the last 9 series. Muahhahaa....

if only...

17 minutes ago, StarFox said:

Or maybe it will be a 4 disc set. It might contain previously unreleased tracks from the last 9 series. Muahhahaa....

if only...

That would be a dream come true.

I'd pay some serious money for expanded series 1-4 soundtracks, there's so much unreleased gold (haha) in those early seasons.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:45 AM, Pieter_Boelen said:

So now there is a release of the series 9 and 11 soundtracks, but not the series 10 one. Right?

Bit of a curious release order...

It is, but it's more because Akinola was clearly keen to have his music out there that he overtook Gold in getting his last series out.

I think that's clarified that in DW world, Silva just puts out the album the composer gives them, hence their comment last year (or whenever) that series 9 wasn't 'available to license' was likely an overly diplomatic way of saying Gold hadn't provided them with an album yet.

I wouldn't say I'm salivating over the idea of a S10 release - I digitally bought 3 tracks from S9. Unfortunately the days of buying Gold's physically has stopped.

I just recently started watching this serial, and the music from the serial is just as awesome as the serial itself.This is probably the only serial that has been filmed for so many years and is still interesting for fans.