Sign in to follow this  
fommes

New Score Release: The Ghostbreaker (Williams)

Also ordered! I've been a Williams fan for 25 years and I've never even HEARD of this. It isn't mentioned on any lists that I've seen (here or on IMDB). Looking forward to hearing the music. Just goes to show that even something as obscure as this pilot they kept the score track safely tucked away in a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavetory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of the leopard".

This is AMAZING news! I've owned the GHOSTBREAKER theme on a shoddy-sounding bootleg for quite some time, but this is the first time we'll hear the entire score in any format. THIS is what I like to see more of....COMPLETELY UNRELEASED Williams gems get their due. Despite a poor financial situation, I'll order this asap.

I've recently acquired this CD from FSM (I'm always a bit behind on the Williams FSM CDs but I'll get them all eventually :)), and I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised. Although expectations were fairly high on this one. The theme is especially quite nice, the underscore is sometimes too underscore-y (well, what would you expect though for a TV pilot), but still entertaining in its Williamsesque way. The coupling with Jericho (Goldsmith, Schifrin, Stevens et al.) is also a great choice, makes for a CD worth getting!