Complete score for Prisoner of Azkaban?

Damo

I just wondering...does anyone has the complete score for Prisoner of Azkaban? There are really good unrelease cues from that movie that is really good. Also is the best the way to get a complete score for any movie is to rip the DVD right? but is there a way to deleted all the sound effects and all that so you can have just the music by itself?

:sigh:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a pity that there are no more bootlegs leaked of recent Williams scores. With Goldsmith we were luckier...

Which is rather ironic, considering Goldsmith was very very specific as to what he wanted to be released, while Williams has been pretty indifferent towards the album releases of his works.

Such a pity that there are no more bootlegs leaked of recent Williams scores. With Goldsmith we were luckier...

And interestingly enough, most of them sound great.

Marian - who thinks Williams should do more work with Botnick and the others of Goldsmith's usual recording team. :sigh:

The DVD rip for PoA is servicable. All the indoor talking cues suffer from the same dialogue echo problems that plague the SW prequels. And the massive Shreiking Shack cue is all but unusable, too many sound effects in all the channels.

Now, if you're looking for a Sorcerer's Stone complete score, that is a very nice rip. :sigh:

Marian - who thinks Williams should do more work with Botnick and the others of Goldsmith's usual recording team.

Agreed. ET sounds so good, a Botnick job I believe. And those boots of most of Goldsmith's Trek scores, priceless. Nemesis especially sounds as good as an official release.

Say it with Damo. 'Give me this score'. I want this score too. :sigh:

I've got the soundtrack.

Soundtrack does not equal score, although I do agree that this would be great to have. All the Peter Pettigrew cues, Sirius Black, and the Buckbeak cue that everyone wants. (Although it sounds like that part is tracked, to me.)

What good stuff is missing on the SS disc? As for PoA, some bits from Peter Pettigrew here and there would be nice. I also would like the cue inwhich Harry initially goes searching for Peter with his magic in the dark school corridor. That motif for Sirius is also missing on the disc (sadly, just like Qui Gon's on the TPM disc). Other than that, I'm actually 90% happy with the content

On the SS disc, all of the music from "Ollivander's Wand Shop" is absent, and the music for the "Entry into the Great Hall", both of which contain thematic material used elsewhere - and are excellent cues in and of themselves.

Some Noteworthy missing Harry Potter cues:

HPPS:

A bunch of Hedwig's theme variations for the Dursley part of the film

Olivander's Wand

The Hogwarts Express

Entry into the Great Hall

The Sorting Hat sequence

Battle with the Troll

The Mirror of Erised

The Dark Forest/Encounter with Voldemort/The Centaur

Part of The Chess Game

the Hospital Wing

The House Cup(different and better than the re-recording in CoS)

HPCoS:

The Burrow

Errol's Theme

The Bookstore

Some unreased bits of the chamber of Secrets theme

Tom Marvolo Riddle

Confronting Lucius Malfoy

HPPOA:

Mr Weasly's Warning

Dumbledore's Speech

The Newspaper

Winter Comes

Harry Bursts into Tears(the original inspiration for Finding Satu)

Encounter in the Corridor

Harry Casts His First Patronus

The Shrieking Shak

Rescuing Sirius

K.M.

If only the COS OST had included The Burrow, Errol's theme or some more music with the Chamber theme instead of say "Cornish Pixies" or "Introducing Colin" the COS album would have been pretty much perfect IMO... oh well

For POA, all I know is that one of the missing cue is available on the Bonus DVD. It not lasts very long but it is better than nothing. In the movie, it is the music played while the great door is closing and lasts 20 or 30 seconds. You can find it if you search enough in the bonus DVD.

There are also parts of a missing cue in the visit of the Honeydukes candy shop in Hogsmeade, but I don't think it is possible to recreate it correctly.

I can't remember now and for the moment I am at work. You have to search in every menu to find it as the bonus DVD is very rich but if you have not found it, tomorrow I think I'll be able to tell you where it is used :wave:

HPPS:

Also, that beautiful, utterly unique rendition of the Family Theme when Harry is celebrating his birthday in the random shed-on-an-island at the beginning of the film. One of the most poignant bits of music in the whole film, IMO.

The Closing the Gate cue is on the bonus disk?

Great!Where exactly?

If memory serves, in the "Defense Against the Dark Arts" section of the bonus disc.

What good stuff is missing on the SS disc?

SS is one of those unfortunate scores that there's as much, if not more, great cues unrealeased than on the CD. Kinda like the TPM OST.

Didn't Williams record a "Harry's Wonderous World" type end credits suite for PoA that wasn't used? The one they have now is a cut and paste edit job, with the exception of the first 2 minutes, which is new music. But didn't he record a complete suite with proper segues?

Tim

Apparently this "new" PoA Harry's Wondrous World was played at the first Hollywood Bowl 2004 concert,but no one (to my knowledge) has recorded it.

K.M.

HPPS:

Olivander's Wand

The Hogwarts Express

Entry into the Great Hall

The Sorting Hat sequence

Battle with the Troll

The Mirror of Erised

The Dark Forest/Encounter with Voldemort/The Centaur

Part of The Chess Game

the Hospital Wing

The House Cup(different and better than the re-recording in CoS)

HPCoS:

The Burrow

Errol's Theme

The Bookstore

Some unreased bits of the chamber of Secrets theme

Tom Marvolo Riddle

Confronting Lucius Malfoy

HPPOA:

Mr Weasly's Warning

Dumbledore's Speech

The Newspaper

Winter Comes

Harry Bursts into Tears(the original inspiration for Finding Satu)

Encounter  in the Corridor

Harry Casts His First  Patronus

The Shrieking Shak

Rescuing Sirius

K.M.

Silly you. You left out the Goblet of Fire one. :)

If memory serves, in the "Defense Against the Dark Arts" section of the bonus disc.

You are right, it is simple in fact. You just have to let play the music once as there is a commentary at the end of it and it will play other and other again without any comment.

The one they have now is a cut and paste edit job

Yes, but not exactly. Of course, you are right, there are not a lot of new music in it and the movie version is different. There is also a 8 notes motif played with a clavecin at the really end which is not on the album.

But if you listen very carefully to the beginning of the Buckbeak's Flight part, at the end of the drums play, you can hear symbals and a harp playing a few notes which are not on the other version of Buckbeak's Flight.

But of course, it is the only difference I have found and Mischief Managed seems to be a copy/paste of the previous tracks. Anyway, I like this cue very much :)

The one they have now is a cut and paste edit job

Yes' date=' but not exactly. Of course, you are right, there are not a lot of new music in it and the movie version is different. There is also a 8 notes motif played with a clavecin at the really end which is not on the album.

But if you listen very carefully to the beginning of the Buckbeak's Flight part, at the end of the drums play, you can hear symbals and a harp playing a few notes which are not on the other version of Buckbeak's Flight.

But of course, it is the only difference I have found and Mischief Managed seems to be a copy/paste of the previous tracks. Anyway, I like this cue very much :)[/quote']

The Buckbeak's Flight part of the film version End Credits is tracked from the unreleased Rescuing Sirius (when Hermione and Harry are riding buckbeak at the end),and that is different from the album which is tracked from "Buckbeak's Flight"...

k.M.

There is also a 8 notes motif played with a clavecin at the really end which is not on the album.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Isn't that the Pettigrew theme?

Tim

I have been able to get a DVD rip of the movie a few months ago. Some parts have been well edited to remove the dialogues and sound effects and part replaced by the album version.

Some tracks are very good, other are pretty audible because of the sound effects, but I think it is a good start for a complete release.

01 - Lumos! (Hedwig's Theme) [01:38]

02 - Aunt Marge's Waltz [02:15]

03 - Family Photo [00:21]

04 - Haunted Playground [00:35]

05 - The Bus Stop [00:56]

06 - The Knight Bus (Part 1) [00:59]

07 - The Knight Bus (Part 2) [01:32]

08 - The Monster Book [00:29]

09 - Grave Danger [01:14]

10 - Night Voyage [00:18]

11 - Apparition On The Train (Album Version) [02:14]

12 - Arrival At Hogwarts [00:59]

13 - A Word Of Caution [00:43]

14 - Back At Gryffindor [00:14]

15 - Night Becomes Day [01:02]

16 - The Grim [00:31]

17 - Hagrid The Professor [01:28]

18 - Meeting Buckbeak [01:00]

19 - Buckbeak's Flight [02:08]

20 - The Headless Hunt [00:44]

21 - Trying To Catch Smoke [00:37]

22 - Neville's Boggart [00:43]

23 - Ron's Boggart [00:23]

24 - Parvati's Boggart [00:17]

25 - Harry's Boggart (Album Version) [00:19]

26 - The Bridge [00:33]

27 - Remembering Lily [01:04]

28 - The Portrait Gallery [02:05]

29 - The Portrait Gallery (Film Version Ending) [00:26]

30 - Secrets Of The Castle [01:34]

31 - Quidditch, Third Year (Album Version Opening) [03:47]

32 - Winter Comes [02:20]

33 - Honeydukes and The Shrieking Shack [01:10]

34 - The Snowball Fight [00:26]

35 - A Winter's Spell (Hogsmeade Source) [00:58]

36 - Harry's Vow [01:38]

37 - The Patronus Light (Album Version) [01:12]

38 - Dementor Test [00:19]

39 - Another Memory [00:29]

40 - Expecto Patronum! [01:29]

41 - Dark Dreams [00:29]

42 - Peter Pettigrew [01:30]

43 - Crystal Gazing [01:30]

44 - Premonition Of Evil [01:26]

45 - The Executioner [00:43]

46 - Hagrid And Buckbeak [00:40]

47 - The Axe Falls [02:39]

48 - Chasing Scabbers [01:04]

49 - The Whomping Willow [01:29]

50 - Confronting Sirius [06:47]

51 - Lupin's Transformation [06:11]

52 - The Dementors Converge [03:12]

53 - Forward To Time Past [02:41]

54 - Saving Buckbeak [06:59]

55 - The Werewolf Scene [02:01]

56 - Convergence [02:36]

57 - Sirius Black's Escape [01:10]

58 - Finale [02:00]

59 - End Title [00:58]

60 - Reunited [00:33]

61 - Mischief Managed! [03:02]

62 - A Window To The Past [03:53]

63 - Double Trouble [01:37]

64 - Nox! (Coda) [00:28]

65 - The Knight Bus (Alternate Album Segment) [00:36]

66 - Chasing Scabbers (Alternate Album Segment) [00:32]

67 - Saving Buckbeak (Alternate Film Ending) [00:32]

Track 29 - The Portrait Gallery (Film Version Ending) is The Closing the Gate cue and has sound effects that can easily been removed if you use the same cue on the bonus DVD.

Also, Track 33 - Honeydukes and The Shrieking Shack has a lot of sound effects that can been reduced using the multiple cues on the visit of the shop on the bonus DVD, but it is a hard work.

PM if you are interested to download the tracks from my own FTP server.

You are right, it is simple in fact. You just have to let play the music once as there is a commentary at the end of it and it will play other and other again without any comment.

Yeah, and there's another section, the tour of the DADA office, where most of Dumbledore's Speech plays, but it's got that useless guy prattling on over all of it. :) Possibly the best statement of Double Trouble in that cue too...

• 2 weeks later...
The Closing the Gate cue is on the bonus disk?Funny I've never read this before.

Good news !

Last week, I have bought a DVD driver for my computer and I have managed to extract this cue.

For those who already got the DVD rip from my FTP server, use the same parameters to get it.

The track is in disc on 29 - Closing the Gate. :(