Upcoming Scoring Assignments

Jay

Has anybody heard anything about Ryuichi Sakamoto possibly scoring Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's The Revenant? This guy seems to think so, dunno if that's something Variety would just pull out of their ass.

Sakamoto confirmed it on his Facebook page today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Gabriel Yared to Score 'The Promise'

Sounds awesome.  I'm glad to see Yared scoring a fairly "mainstream" film.  The subject matter (a love triangle in the final days of the Ottoman Empire) sounds ripe for great music

I thought Klaus Badelt already did that pretty well! :P

• 1 month later...

So, about that Menken news... How many examples do we have of composers getting to score yet another version (remake, reboot, new adaptation of a book/myth/fairytale/historical event, etc.) of a story they already scored?

Now I want a scene where Thor says directly to camera, "Let me tell you about my mythological realm."

It really is an exciting choice just because Mothersbaugh is so unlike any other composer who's worked for Marvel.  It may or may not be any good but it certainly won't sound like RCP dregs (not that all the MCU scores sound like that...but most).

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

No worse then Gia, Tyler, Bates or any of these young guns.

"No worse than Bates" is the understatement of the century.  I have yet to enjoy anything I've heard from Jackman, but he's still head-and-shoulders above Tyler Bates.

• 2 weeks later...