Superman Returns international trailer.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

contrary to popular belief, slow motion sequences did not originate with the overrated matrix crapfest.

contrary to popular belief, slow motion sequences did not originate with the overrated matrix crapfest.

That is correct.

Do i hear mediaventuresque music in this trailer?

you did. I dont quite mind however. imo generic MV style action music work very well as trailers with their loud qualities and great gut feeling. :)

You are correct, there is slo-mo, and there is bullet time slo-mo. Neither originated from the Matrix iirc but the movies have become synonymous with bullet time.

I seem to recall a director named Donner, who made a movie called Superman the Movie, who used slow motion in a film from 1976, and a film from 1978. Perhaps he saw the Matrix in some temperal movie theatre.

I don't remember seeing any bullets flying around in slomo in Superman The Movie. Supes catching the bullet in herky jerky slow motion doesnt count. :) As for the Omen, cant rmeember anything about it at all...

I seem to recall a director named Donner, who made a movie called Superman the Movie, who used slow motion in a film from 1976, and a film from 1978.  Perhaps he saw the Matrix in some temperal movie theatre.

Slow-motion isn't the same as bullet-time.

And what movie had the bullet-time technique before The Matrix? I know they had done those sort of freeze-frames, where the camera moves around while time has stopped, but had they done it while time was slowly moving forward as well?

The Matrix made Bullet-time a household word but the movie is good even without the special technique.

Bullet-time was first used in a video clip from a Britisch band named Smoke City.

Alex

I seem to recall a director named Donner, who made a movie called Superman the Movie, who used slow motion in a film from 1976, and a film from 1978.  Perhaps he saw the Matrix in some temperal movie theatre.

Yes, as well as three other of his films made in 1987, 1989, and 1992.

The Matrix made Bullet-time a household word but the movie is good even without the special technique.  

Bullet-time was first used in a video clip from a Britisch band named Smoke City.

Alex

actually it was used in the NFL before the Matrix came out. It was used in Speed Racer in the 60's, and 1981's Kill and Kill Again

Once again, I ask you, did those incorporate moving camera while time froze, or moving camera while time moved forward at a very slow pace?

Because only the latter is actual bullet-time.

Not having seen the trailer before it looks quite good. Once again it appears the villian of Lex Luthor overshadows that of the hero. Not that I don't mind. Kevin Spacey looks like he does a great job of it. The jury is still out on the actor playing "CC/Supes" though. I'll just have to see the film when it comes out and take it on its merits.

Definitely a much more serious take on the story of Superman which is probably long overdue and certainly well deserved but the original movie with the real life superman, the late Chris Reeve, will always be the quintessential superman film.

the original movie with the real life superman, the late Chris Reeve and the orchestral score by John Williams, will always be the quintessential superman film.

now thats better :P

Well, The Matrix certainly made those slowmo/bullet time things famous and people nowadays definately associate it with The Matrix.

Like Pulp Fiction made it's non-linear story approach famous to a wide audience, without being the first to use it.

But guys, the Superman trailers are a complete JOKE. This is going to be Thunderbirds The Movie all over again.